1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A Place to have a Moan about Anything

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by stick, Mar 27, 2018.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

As a responsible dog owner I am expected to be prepared when I go out walking my faithful friend. I absolutely must be armed with that wonderful invention, poo-sacks. I cannot begin to imagine the furore that would ensue if my dog were to foul the pavement or heaven forbid take a dump in the local park and quite right too, So, on a recent visit to the park an under nines football match was just finishing. There had been a number of proud parents cheering on little Johnny and after they had left, along the touchline were pastry packets, sports drinks cans and costa coffee cups, all just abandoned and left behind. There is a bin every 50m around the entire perimeter of this park!
    On the way home, I noticed that horse owners must have been out for a weekend ride as there was a trail of horse-**** enough to keep the keep the roses going for a good couple of years.
    So my question is this, how come dog owners have to behave responsibly yet everybody else can do what the **** they like?

One other point regarding the under nines. I witnessed gloves, under shirts, legging style thermals and even one playing in a beanie!!! The premier league and its foreign legion have a lot to ****ing answer for!

Rant over.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2018
    Reebok, Resurgam, Ron and 3 others like this.
  2. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Good rant <laugh>. One of our local councillors waged war on dog fouling by spraying it blue wherever he found it. I thought he was off his head but it does seem to have had a positive impact in highlighting the issue and a reduction has followed. Rather than spraying the empty Costa cups maybe the under 9s followers in your local park should be sprayed blue if they're caught leaving litter behind. Semi permanent blue which will wash off in about 6 months.

3. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

A lot of dog walkers throw their "poo sacks" in the nearest bush they pass on the way back home i have noticed as i walk to the gym in the afternoons.
    Smokers also just dropping their finished cigs wherever they stand royally pisses me off too.
    I also note that the slightest hint of a snowflake and kids games get cancelled, the snowflakes are scared of their own! Give them a bottle of liniment and sent out.

Resurgam and Ron like this.
  4. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

The cigarettes thing is one of my pet peeves too, I'm sick to death of people using nature as an ashtray.

Ron likes this.
  5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Are cigarette smokers naturally disrespectful? As mentioned above they drop their cigarette ends wherever they finish their bloody fags.

Also what is the point of smokers going outside the restaurant to smoke (just outside the door) so that in order to get in you have to take a deep breath and make your way past them as quickly as possible?

Cyclonic likes this.
  6. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Littering is a ****in disgrace whatever detritus is left behind. I volunteer for our local community litter pick once a month (yes I am that sad!) and am regularly astounded by the amount of stuff that folk have clearly jettisoned from their vehicles rather than take it home to put in their bin. Utter bastards the lot of them.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What pisses me off are drivers who come right up your backside expecting you to move over behind a slow moving lorry so that they can take your place in the queue behind a trail of traffic you can't get past. The ones that try to get past on the inside piss me off most. I slow down and leave a tempting gap for them to have a go and gradually speed up so they can't then keep them there until the car behind me catches me up. I look in my mirror and say to myself "Yes!. That'll teach you, you ****ing twat"

Ekbalco99, Cyclonic and Chaninbar like this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Does anyone remember the thread on BBC? <laugh>

9. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Good thread this, and I hardly know where to start! <laugh>

I gave up on smokers years ago, so many of them just don't give a s**t for anyone. Frequent mobile users (called a 'handy' in Germany) drive me nuts, especially on public transport. I am just not interested, along with all the other nearby folk, telling his or her contact in an overly loud voice that he or she could not find any water melons at Lidl, but would now try Aldi so he or she would be a bit late getting home, etc., etc., etc. <doh>

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  10. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

I have witnessed drivers and passengers on occasions throwing litter out of their car as I m sure most on here have too. That really pisses me off and lacks any sort of respect.

As for the reference to kids playing in the local park that obviously want to look like Kun Aguero and the like it's sad in my eyes but then I m getting old and I would have probably done it myself!

The Premier league has been ruined thanks to Sky and is full of too many foreigners. It's about time they brought in a rule of each premier league side fielding 4 or 5 minimum home grown players. But they won't as the stiffs at the FA or Premier League wouldn't have the balls and love to toe the PC line...Embarassing really...

SwanHills and Ron like this.

11. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Stickler, you've got to much time on your hands lol. Litter is a British disease we are a bunch of peasants.ive often noticed through travel around the world how clean they are, even the poor ones. Wherever the British go their rubbish normally follows. On dog walkers, they are the scourge of the countryside along with mountain bikers.

smokethedeadbadger and Chaninbar like this.
  12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Most responsible dog walkers make sure their dog has done its business before going out and in the event of nature calling while out will clear it up, spray with disinfectant and take the bag of **** home to discard. There will always be some disrespectful sods who don't give a **** and I agree 100% it is disgusting

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  13. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Near me they're trying to introduce a scheme called 'stick and flick'. Which is basically asking dog owners to carry some sort of 'stick' and flick' their dogs poo off the main paths/walkways etc in parks and places similar. Its because a large majority of dog owners pick up there dog **** and then either just throw the **** filled plastic bag into the nearest bush or tie it to a tree branch.

floridaspearl likes this.
  14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Filthy sods. Do the parks have bins for rubbish?

15. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

This is better than sealing it in a bag, at least the slugs get to feast!

16. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

No not as a general rule most places round here seem to have done away with bins unless its a part of an area that's got designated picnic place then there'll be a bin near that.

17. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Here's my dog walking story.
    Now and then I take my elderly neighbors dog for a walk. I'm going round the corner for a packet of fags so I pick up some milk and a paper. Not being a dog owner, i prepared myself with my poo bag. So off we go and he decides to do his business at the end of the road so I scoop it up with my bag and discard in a bin nearby. Further on down the road he decides he wants another go near the shop but opposite a bus stop full of morning commuters. Not having any more bags what do I do with twenty odd people looking on from the other side of the road. This one seemed to take an age and I was so embarrassed , I had no choice but to leave it as I knew I would get a bag in the shop. You can imagine the scowls and looks of derision I received. Anyway I got my bag and on the way back picked it up, but by now the bus stop was now empty as the bus had arrived . I'm now the dog walker who doesn't pick up their **** in the locale. Note to self, always bring a couple of bags.

18. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Dogs can and should be trained where to ****, they naturally want to find a bush, undergrowth etc, it' s slack of owners not to ensure this, obviously accidents are different, dog **** at least decays, unlike plastic!

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  19. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Probably my biggest hate, even beating the cig droppers and dog walkers slinging there dog ****e all over in plastic bags, is the knackers as i call them or chavs if you prefer, you know the ones that are an advert for sterilisation, coughing and spluttering all over the place and not dreaming of covering their mouths.

floridaspearl and SwanHills like this.
  20. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

My rant, especially now with this bank holiday upon us, is the bloody grockles! <steam>
    Already they have started with their bloody extending dog leads. The ones that are half a mile long and you trip over them as the digs are that far in front of their owners.
    I live in a lovely little seaside town (not at all biased), and the bloody grockles that descend on us really attach themselves to my mammaries (get well and truly on my tits)
    The worst bit though is on the beach. They moan when they can't let their dogs on the beach, unless it's a designated area. They try to grab you off your bike as you're rushing to a shout for the lifeboat. But above all, because by the lifeboat shed is a designated area for dogs to be off their leads, the grockles moan and have a right go at you when you ask them to put the dog on a lead because the tractor and boat are moving. Then when you point out that 10 ton of tractor and a 2 ton boat will soon be crushing little fido, and unless fido wants a tractor tyre mark for a tattoo on his head unless they get their dog on a lead, they get the hump with you.
    Bloody grockles....just like women, Can't live with them and sadly, can't live without them <steam> <steam>

Chaninbar likes this.