1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Would anyone not transition ...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Jan 27, 2023.

1. Ozzymac

Ozzymac Well-Known Member

2. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Don't agree with it at all they using it as a way to get a easier time in a woman's prison. Even worse to think that most are going to be a bloke again first day they get out! Should allow them to serve their sentence in a woman's prison but they don't get released till they have it chopped off and the full surgery done, they would soon stop playing the system then!

Or if they go back to being a man upon release they go back to a male prison and do the time again!

There is an obvious answer above any of that but it's ignored these days. Penis = mans prison even if you identify as a woman. Had the full surgery and no longer have a penis = woman's prison.

3. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Absolutely cynical by Sturgeon. They had seven years to get this new law into a shape that wouldn't affect the Equality Act, but it looks like there was no discussion between Westminster and Holyrood.

So we're in a situation where most of the population aren't against the general idea in principle, but know that unscrupulous people are going to take the piss out of it and are against picking a fight with Westminster over something deliberately designed to do so.

4. Ozzymac

Got pulled over the police for a breath test the other night. When he told me i blew over i said that i couldn't have as i identify as sober

Makemstine Roger, COYCS, DH4 and 2 others like this.
  5. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

A while back, Martina Navratilova, made herself VERY unpopular when she entered the 'Trans' debate as it effected Tennis.

She felt that males who were in the process of changing sex would have a massively unfair advantage over the Women.
    It would be relatively easy to earn prize money during the process, then, decide at the last minute that there had been a change of mind, and retire on the earnings, retaining their 'manhood'.
    Her solution was that as long as they had Testicles they were Male, irrespective of their future intentions.
    Once they had these removed, fair enough.

The LBGT groups came down on her like a ton of bricks and she lost a lot of work I believe.

6. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

It's just the latest thing the far left wish to impose.

Gender dysphoria is a very rare condition, (I think about 0.01% of people may be affected), and those people should be afforded the care and help everyone else is, where it is possible and given all the other constraints on the service.

But I can't remember one single politician of the left, or of any hue, even as recently as say three or four years ago, making an issue of it. It's just the latest attempt to control our thinking. "White privelidge" , " historical guilt" and all the other absolutist, year zero rubbish, comes like a flood from these unformed brains. And a few hundred fanatics on twitter terrify all the politicians everywhere into denying common sense. They are all pathetically seeking approval from this tiny, totalitarian mob.

It is building up resentment among the vast majority of ordinary people who feel ignored and excluded. It won't end well.

7. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Pretty bad when your losing work for being sensible.

8. young2077

It's even more complicated than this when it comes to sport imo. I know their testosterone levels are tested and they are at the set out levels to compete after transition but do they still not have an unfair advantage due to the years before?

9. Ozzymac

It's quite simple. Identify as how you wish but if you're born with a penis you compete as a man.

Either that or ,ake all sports open to all genders. No differentiation between male and female. Funny how you never see female athletes wanting to transition to a male

10. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

Yep.

Both of which options are a disaster for women's sport. They are being sacrificed on the altar of progressive extremism.

We all know the obvious truth; a man is a man, a woman is a woman, and one cannot become the other.

11. Ozzymac

I agree totally. Womens sports should be encouraged and supported. Not made a mockery by allowing sub standard males to "identify" in order to win something.

Keep it simple. Born with a penis you compete as a male. In your personal life you can i dentify as whatever the **** you like

12. polyphemus

After Martina's intervention, and following Athletics TRYING to face up to the problem of Ladies who had Male characteristics, a fair amount if research has been done.

As I understand it, and I'm no expert, once the male body reached a certain point, after adolescence, they will retain a muscular advantage, even after all Surgical and Drug procedures have been completed.
    This research continues.

The simple solution though is to have a Paralympic approach to the problem.

Different 'grades' for competitors, depanding what stage of trasnsition, their body is at.

Would anybody want to watch?
    Well that isn't important as long as those who are interested in the Sport, rather than the Prize Money, have an opportunity to compete.

(Wanted, IRONY Smylie)

C Montgomery Burns and young2077 like this.
  13. young2077

That was my take in it if you are built like a man that isn't going to disappear and leaves a clear advantage in the majority of sports.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  14. Ozzymac

There is already a LGBTQ etc etc games that trans athletes can compete at. If it's the sport that they're interested in then it's right there for them

15. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has already been on a thread, apologies if it has

16. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

One of my sons is a regular church going Christian who works for his local church. People will sometimes tell him their problems and say that life isn't fair. His response is to ask who said life was always supposed to be fair ... it often isn't.

So surely at some point with people, wanting to change how they were born, should be told 'Sorry that's too bad, just crack on as.best you can.'

Otherwise there's no end to it.

We all have crosses to bear but we have to deal with it, not whinge our way through life complaining about how heavy it is or how many spelks it gives you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  17. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

With all this p.c. madness all the rage, can I "identify" as being 9 years older than I actually am and thus claim my pension? Cos quite honestly am fed up of getting up early in the morning and going to work <laugh>

18. polyphemus

Thanks for that.

Even at my age, I never stop learning.:emoticon-0105-wink:

19. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I'm broadly pro-trans rights but this case is beyond farce. I think the best solution is probably that you get tried as / go to prison for whichever gender you identified as at the point you committed the crime.

20. polyphemus

I see your logic, BUT, 'the wheels of justice grind exceedingly slow', and it can take a considerable time between a crime being committed, the guilty party being apprehended, then a court appearance.

I would like to think that each case should be judged on it's merits, but since it seems that Politicians, Lawyers and Activists with an agenda are all going to want to stick their oar in. that may not work.:emoticon-0100-smile

I wonder why The Scottish Lady got herself embroiled in this mess.
    Scotland has more than it's fair share of Members of Christian faiths who will no doubt regard the whole topic as a sin.
    On the bright side though she is on the back foot with this and going into reverse now, and her economic woes are bubbling up to the surface.

C Montgomery Burns likes this.