1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic World Cup 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by karlos5001, Jun 9, 2018.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Apologies for this disgraceful post which was fueled by alcohol and nerves.

My head feels like Kenny borrowed it for a weekend in Munich ........

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Been a pleasure to have read and seen you posts Smokey... Enjoy a internet free life...:emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink:

3. OddDog

Staff Member

All the best Smokey <ok>

4. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

The morning after, head feels awful after fantastic day celebrating a loved-one's birthday, which included a remarkable meal with extraordinary drinks (<laugh>) at the Ilkahöhe Restaurant (Elev: 726m) by Tutzing. Day ended, of course, with sadness, but with no little pride in a great overall performance by the entire England squad. Comments by people, which includes a recently converted subscriber to transvestite fetishism (a possibly serious mental disorder?) should be ignored completely, as their only interest in life seems to be to disrupt the lives of their fellow human beings, especially those trying to enjoy a sports event. Never mind, that's all water under the bridge.

Here's a refreshing article from Deutsch Welle's Pascal Jochem which just goes to show that the present-day German ain't all that bad, not at all:

https://www.dw.com/en/opinion-chins-up-three-lions/a-44641225

<applause>

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Chaninbar and bayernkenny like this.
  5. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

How dare you minimise my excesses in the large 'Metropoli' of Germany; I tend to give it a go for six to nine days depending on the length of abstinence which has preceded my slump into Mr Hyde mode. I would suggest either of two cures (?):

1. Lie prostrate for a day.

or,

2. Back oot for mair booze!

I leave it to you whichever route you decide to follow however please be aware if you choose option 2. you will still have to undertake option 1. at some point!

OddDog and SwanHills like this.
  6. SwanHills

Apologies, article now in English, was using my old PC° <doh>

7. bayernkenny

Pressure has started to join my Tourbes/Languedoc chums for a day oot on the lash in some of Leith's finer rub-a-dubs on Sunday. As I have a big weekend coming up at the start of August I will do my best to give it a miss; unfortunately images of some great guys will appear on F'book so supreme willpower will be required. Wouldn't be so bad If I thought one eight hour bash would suffice however there is a 'boozer' in Auld Reekie which opens at 07.00 on Monday mornings!

8. OddDog

Staff Member

I think my head could only manage a weekend Kenny - 6-9 days and I would be dead <laugh>

bayernkenny likes this.
  9. bayernkenny

The 'trick' is never to really stop; if you strangely arrive 'home' (hotel) in mid evening make sure you pop out to the ubiquitous 24 hour Turkish restaurant at around 03.42 for a wee top up. Once you have struck up a conversation with the friendly waiter/bartender you will soon realise that time has floated by and the Hbf. bars are soon to open. At this point I would suggest something solid, stodgy yet spicy be stuffed into your gob and then the next day will proceed on its merry way!

All this is of course followed by thirty six hours of f****n' torture when even a ten metre stroll into the WC in your hotel room seems like a ten mile mountain hike.

Mind you, the joy of feeling close to tip-top after two 'dry' days is sheer bliss.

10. bayernkenny

Sorry for this fall into the depths of immaturity however this is clever.

An English football fan and a French football fan walk into a bar.

The English fan says to the French fan ....."We are playing Croatia tomorrow".

Wow says the French fan; what a coincidence, we are playing them on Sunday!

CaptainPops, Chaninbar and SwanHills like this.

11. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Sorry to hear of England's demise. Croatia is now the people's team. Go The Blazers.

12. SwanHills

Are they? News to me! <laugh>

Goddamn it, Cyc, got to catch-up and get back to the Sumo Basho, back to basics with no needless pressure in watching. However, do think the Georgian deserves a big win. <ok>

Cyclonic likes this.
  13. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Smokey all the best.. but really your kids will have their heads in IPads and the like whatever you do! In fact they are even more likely to be strategically attached to their device(s) as it will be something they realise you dont approve of. Seems a pointless exercise to me.

beeforsalmon and Cyclonic like this.
  14. CaptainPops

We could have won that game last night if we would have been more clinical in front of goal. Rashford was disappointing when he come on. Kane was poor and seemed to be playing in the middle of the park for most of 2nd half. Clearly he s forgotten what he was doing in the first couple of games.

Overall though a great tournament for England and let's hope they can win Euro 2020. After all semi final and final will be held in this country...home advantage and all that...<cheers>

15. stick

stick Bumper King

I thought it was the most concise, logical and well constructed post you have ever made.
    It was obviously not a generalisation but just aimed at the two anyone but England cocksuckers on this forum. Coming from countries that rarely qualify for this competition let alone make the semi finals or god forbid win it, I guess it is easy to see where the jealousy stems from. Makes a change for them not to be bitching at each other though.

SwanHills likes this.
  16. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

17. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

some have not taken this defeat well :emoticon-0136-giggl

beeforsalmon likes this.
  18. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Jaysus old boy seems you’ve thrown a proper wobbly over last nights defeat as my ‘Gaelic’ brother in arms has noted <doh> FYI think I’ve mentioned Engerland about 3 times on this thread, where I’ve even complimented them during the group phrases! Then said Columbia at 3/1+ prior to James being ruled out was a very decent bet (as it certainly would have been had he played) and last night saying unless Southgate (who everyone’s been heralding) made a fundamental change in ET yous we’re going out. Again, another factually correct post. Didn’t even mock or laugh when yous lost, wish I had of now after reading your beeling post <laugh>

19. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

I know a lot of us have fell out of love for this World Cup but I think I’ve spotted a decent bet. Lukaku Golden Boot 18/1. Harry Kane has 6 goals, Lukaku has 4 but importantly the Belgium has an assist so 2 goals from him today without replay from Harry would see him top scorer. I think at 18/1 it is worth a £5er at least. These 3rd-4th place games are usually high scoring so I will give it a go. I hope I’m wrong and England can win today to make it the best finish since 66

Chaninbar and CaptainPops like this.
  20. CaptainPops

You could be on to something there Karlos...Kane has not looked as sharp in last 2 games and has looked a little jaded and spent long periods of the 2nd half in the middle of the park! Lakaku played poorly against France so potentially he could play a stormer and grab a couple of goals today.

I think England will get beat. We 'll play a stronger side than in the farcical group game but I still see the same outcome. Could be 2-1 or 3-1 Belgium. We 'll probably score from a set piece..

karlos5001 likes this.