1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WINTER NEWS

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Nov 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I shall stay at home as well....not worth the hassle.....trying to get an Argyle ticket....and certainly not worth trying to get one from the Chelsea end.....too dear anyway.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Guinea-Bissau...0-2...Nigeria......Camara started again.....but with only 1pt they are out.....and Camara can come home....possibly Saturday is too soon for him to be available for Argyle.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There has apparently been a coup attempt in Guinea-Bissau today leaving many dead as the headline goes. I hope nobody from Camara's family were involved and it doesn't upset him so he can't play for us at Chelsea. Selfish I know but we need him.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Fingers crossed he signs it. He clearly loves it down here so that is hopeful.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have taken up the extra year on Camara's contract....and also have offered him a new contract with improved terms as well....obviously his agent will be involved with that.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Dan Scarr's injury is worse than thought....a scan has revealed that he has a hamstring tear....and will be out for between 4 and 6 weeks.

Bolton came into the defence in his place and the defence kept a clean sheet which was incouraging....Scarr will obviously miss some important games....this will give others the chance to impress Schumacher that they can take his place in the meanwhile.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think any of them need a chance to impress. Schumacher already knows what his players can do as he was hands on training them from long ago. I'm not saying that Scarr will not be missed because he has been solid and consistent all season and possibly the player of the year so far but there are replacements and they are good enough. Yesterday proved that under pressure from a pretty physical opposition. I looked at the size of the Shrewsbury mob lined up before kick off and commented that they didn't do small. I said that I feared for us a bit in the absence of Scarr who is our go to for aerial combat. I need not have worried. Enough said it was a clean sheet and they can't improve on that.

9. notDistantGreen

Scarr will most definitely be missed: something of a totem for the fans and probably the dressing room.

Still, as Sensible says, it was a solid performance at the back on Saturday with Crichlow getting into the swing and having pics taken with young fans. Small thing I know, but there's a real bond between fans & players at present.

Hardie was swamped with messages of goodwill after the penalty miss against Chelsea and on Tuesday dedicated his hat trick to the Green Army.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Derek Adams has received his marching orders from Bradford after only eight months.....eight wins in thirty odd games and a mid-table position.

The fans not happy with Adams post match comments....etc...etc....does it all sound familiar.

Ironically it came after the 1-0 defeat at home against our friends up the road Exeter.

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Adam Randall signs a contract extension for a further 2.5 years which is pretty good news. Think the lad has potential in the game and will be worth a bob or two in time to come. All we need now is for Camara to do the same and we are set nicely.

13. notDistantGreen

Very good news.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

15 games to go.....as near as damn to a third of a season.

9 home games....and 6 away....and Tuesday is yet another away fixture.

We have scored 34 away goals...the highest in the Division.

Some hard games to come.....our next home game is Rotherham.....and the last four games are...Wycombe W... (A).....Sunderland...(H).....Wigan...(A).....MK Dons...(H).

Cambridge.....Tuesday...22nd Feb.
    Rotherham.....(H)
    Morecambe.....(H)
    AFC Wimbledon.....(H)
    Bolton.....(A)
    Portsmouth.....(H)
    Accrington S.....(H)
    Cheltenham.....(H)
    Ipswich.....(A)
    Oxford.....(H)
    Burton A.....(A)
    Wycombe W.....(A)
    Sunderland.....(H)
    Wigan.....(A)
    MK Dons.....(H)

I think we will hopefully get another 24 pts....add that to the 56pts we already have and we have a grand total of 80pts.

Will that get us into the play-offs ?

The average points required over the last 10 seasons is approx 74pts....for coming 6th.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm not playing that "we will get" game or even "we should get". One game at a time and whoever it is we have to play matters not. If you are going to get anywhere then you have to beat those in front of you on the day. IF (notice size of if) we get into the play offs chances are we will have to play two of those mentioned to get promoted so why not believe we can beat any of them before.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Derek Adams has rejoined Morecambe....which means that we will have the pleasure of having him back at Home Park very soon...a game we need to win for two reasons now.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As long as we don't lose it by more than one it will be ok though.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

5th round of the FA Cup starting tonight.

Not that clever really playing such an important competition mid-week.....hard for fans to get time off....and being an evening kick-off.....hard on away fans getting back to work the next morning in a fit state.

It has been stacked against the small club getting an away draw....and of course bringing a big club back to their own tuft of crappy grassland and the uncomfortable experience for pampered premiership players....this competition is stacked these days against the small guys.

PS........My first post from my Samsung Galaxy A22....I've just come onto my table top computer to check it out....seems successfully posted.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Further to the above......Plymouthlive is saying that we need another 19pts.....or 75pt total...to get into the play-offs.

That is based on the average over the last 10yrs to obtain 6th place in the league.

20. notDistantGreen

Well done Plym. Just need to get Sensible into the current century now. Never too late to learn!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.