1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wilshere

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by ToledoTrumpton, Mar 22, 2018.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Xhaka is on 90k
    Ramsey is on 110k
    Kolasinac is on 130k
    Mkhitarian is on 180k
    Aubamayangs on 200k
    Ozil is on 350k

Wilshere is on 90k a week. Rumours are Arsenal have offered him less.

2. TheBear

Those ratings are accumulative rather than an average score. Hence why Walcott is at the bottom of the list. Wilshere has played less games.

It's easy to pick the right stats for an argument.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Rumours are they offered him 80 whereas jack actually want an increase.

Secondly why u comparing him to your top earners when he's much less proven than the top earners and also that you were comparing him to the underperforming players.

Of that list only xhaka is there

4. TheBear

I heard he was just asking for the 90. Which I think is about right.

Xhaka is on 90, Ramsey on 110, not sure what Elneny's new contract is worth.

Nobody wants to take a paycut especially when new guys are coming in and earning 2-3 times as much.

5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Honestly, this has to be one of the most non-intellectual posts in the entire history of the forum Bear. I should know, I've made many of them!

A mere glance will tell you that they are per game, minutes played, or % stats.

I think you are being fooled by the ratings being calculated in real time, and are "cumulative" in that sense, but the word cumulative means they can go up or down. It doesn't mean that they are just a running total from a calculative perspective and can only go up. You have to realize that whoscored ratings do go down if a player has a bad performance?

How is Aubamayang at the top side of it after 7 games? How is Mkhi so high after 5, plus two sub appearances?

You can't be taken seriously if you are going to post this sort of thing. The whole point of the ratings are to attempt to provide an objective view of performance. I haven't chosen any particular stats. This is the one overall total performance statistic that is available.

Your entire post is nonsense.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    cini65 likes this.
  6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You're becoming one of my favourite posters these days.

7. ToledoTrumpton

I feel you are setting me up for a fall, two swallows don't make a summer!

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I'm being genuine.

ToledoTrumpton likes this.
  9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

'proven' what exactly? That's he's English and has played some premier league football?

BobbyD likes this.
  10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

That he has a dodgy ankle

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

And, as is being proving at Everton, Walcott is bang average and in his place at a bang average club in a bang average team.

Being a gooner through and through and being loved by the locals are not validations of him being good enough for AFC.

BobbyD likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm a bit split on Wilshere. He's got bags of natural talent and he does read the game well. But is he quick and strong enough for life at a top club week in week out. I'm not sure. He's injury prone, we know that and he does have a tendency to have absolute shockers when he's off form. But I still think he's worth hanging onto.

13. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

while I dont think hes necessarily a world beater, I think he is proven in the sense that he has international pedigree as well as premier league and champions league experience.

14. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

If you think Wilshere deserves to be earning £90k p/w, God help you. He's proven very little at the highest level on a consistent basis and you want to hand out wages like that just because he's an Arsenal lad and shows commitment? If that's the bar for increasing a player's wages, why don't we hand Jenkinson a bumper new contract as well?

This is exactly why we don't compete with any of the top sides. The refusal to accept that certain players aren't good enough and clinging onto them for dear life just because they had potential when they were younger.

Let's just accept it. A lot of us thought Wilshere was going to be a top-quality, world-class central midfielder when he was younger. He had all the attributes. However, he has not progressed as expected for a number of reasons. Now? He is a slightly-above-average Premier League central midfielder. At 26 years of age, he is not going to significantly improve his game.

I don't care if people are earning 2-3 times more than him. So what? Besides, he's hardly going to be starving on £80k p/w, is he?

Honestly, I can guarantee you now he will not be earning £80-£90k anywhere else unless he moves to China.

He should either accept the deal we've given him or move on. We have to play hard ball on this.

Citizen Kane likes this.
  15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

So..

Played for England.
    Played in the Premier league.
    Played a few times in the champions league.

None of those three are things that make you good enough for AFC.

16. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I agree, I was simply stating that’s why some other team will give him the contract he wants. I could see either of City for having a good squad player, or Everton for example wanting him on a free.

17. ToledoTrumpton

I didn't mean to imply you weren't. I was trying to express my doubt that I could maintain your good impression of me.

18. TheBear

Dude..
    did YOU serioulsy just post this?

Nobody here takes you seriously already. I was at work and dont have time to spend all day arguing about statistics.

Besides there are too many variables. The best statistic we can use for this kind of thing is actually just wins and losses. Our best performances this Season have all come with Wilshere in the squad.

19. TheBear

Juve, Milan, Man United and Everton have all shown an interest in Wilshere.

He's shown enough this Season to attract the interest - I will bet you money that if Wilshere leaves Arsenal this Summer he is on more than £80kpw.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

he's **** anyway. Need to be gone like wenger.