1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by mustyfrog, May 18, 2013.

1. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Yup, I see what Laudrup was clearly saying now, that we were lucky, that we are going to struggle <doh>

There was me thinking that it meant we would have to spend all those millions to be above 9th next season, although realistically, above 8th. As WBA were close enough to us this season. That we may find it difficult to consolidate. Which means to "Reinforce or strengthen (one's position or power)." Nothing about struggling there. Man, I would love to smoke what you and Dai are smoking to come to those conclusions as to what Laudrup actually meant <laugh>

2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Now how the hell can you understand and certain swans fans cant.<whistle>

3. swanselona

swanselona Well-Known Member

Guessing he is in a world of his own like you?

4. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Dai,

Just like you I can read between the lines, some people need to know that managers can't say what the want to say, they just give little hints.

5. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Yep, And I'm quite happy in this world, I can see thinks for what they are not what they pretend to be.

6. swanseaandproud

exactly...just like if you read the hints from huw and our board that they are not confident on laudrup will be the manager when the new season starts...still thats another story and its pointless discussing it over there tbh....anyway what targets have cardiff got this summer???

7. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Had missed this thread, started from the beginning and gave up halfway through it. Reason? The absolute drivel some of you Cardiff fans have been posting. Boyos, have you got an almighty shock coming!!

I'm not even going to attempt to tell you why you are so wrong. You'll find out soon enough. But briefly, your defence isn't good enough and neither is your attack. What worked for you in the Championship won't work in the Premier League. So you're going to sign some players - so what? So is every team in the division. And that can work against you, by the way. Just slinging in new signings isn't going to do it. Mark Hughes, anyone?? They'll all be strangers getting to know each other whilst the team struggles to get to grips with a far higher standard of football. And don't kid yourselves, it IS far higher.

Playing Manchester United then Chelsea then Arsenal then Manchester City then Spurs then Everton etc etc, sounds glamorous, exciting even, but when you're wondering where your next point is coming from, it will start to get very worrying. You also reckon you will finish above us. The only way you'll do that is if the Europa Cup fatigues us. Right now, Bellamy is the only player in your side that would even get a sniff of a starting place in our team. Think about it.

This is dragging on now, so I'll leave it there. Predictions are useless without knowing who the new signings will be but, honestly, it's going to be a lot harder than you could ever imagine.

8. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

I would accept as things stand your team is better than ours.

However even though you have 2 decent keepers I genuinely believe ours will be one of the best in the PL.

Michu is a midfielder - all our strikers are miles better than yours. Mason , Campbell , Maynard compared to Moore and that foreign player - you went into relegation form with the loss of Graham. Id start worrying about your attack. Im happy with ours.

I dont think theres any difference with the 4 centre halves from both teams though our 3rd choice Connolly is miles better than Monk and Tate.

Your full backs and wide players are better than ours. However id rather Bellamy there if he was left out of a central role.

Centre midfield - De Guzman isnt your player and Britton isnt in the same league as Whittingham , Mutch , Kim or Gunnarsson.

We could finish anywhere between 8th and bottom and so could you.

9. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

we have a never say die attitude, very few teams have that nowadays ivor.

despite all the furore about michu and co, you got 46 points last year. as you finished 9th, you may think 'hey, its all good, top half, we're miles away from getting relegated'. but you 7 points off 17th. on the contrary, i think you could be in for a shock next year, plus you'll have the europa league to deal with.

unlike swansea, if we get off to a poor start, we have the character and grit to get out of trouble. but with your raised expectations, and false sense of security, i doubt your team will stick together.

also, as wolves, blackburn and bolton found out, the championship is a lot harder than you could ever imagine, and we finished comfortably top, not having to go through the play offs.

10. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

Dai was at one time Stewart at Swansea and obviously some kind of confrontation happend between him, the board and Huw Jenkins in particuleir. He has, at every opportunity possible, denigrated every decision Swansea have made. Dai has been proven to be very wrong over the last few years so take his ramblings with a huge pinch of salt.

11. swanseaandproud

<laugh> see what i mean about delusions....I can walk into the liberty anytime i like and do. i get invited to do's, i am mates with most down there including old jinx <laugh> they know nothing and never will.....<ok> now forget them idiots lets get back to football matters and let them stew in their own thoughts....<laugh> ...and i was a steward not a stewart apart from a number of other jobs i have done down the vetch and the first season at the liberty over a number of years......I have forgotten more than they will ever know <laugh> and it gets to them ...bless

12. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Think you're being a little harsh there Swamp - we have also had to show grit and determination these last couple of seasons, and it was team spirit that got us through a lot of matches.

I have no false sense of security, in fact I believe next season will be the hardest yet; we have been written off at the start of each season for the last 10 years but managed to prove people wrong. I accept your point about being 7 points off 17th, the margins are very fine, but we were effectively 'safe' very early in the year and, with Europa qualification also achieved, complacency was bound to set in no matter how much the players tried to fight it.

Next year will be our biggest challenge yet, I have absolutely no doubt of that, but we have had to hit above our weight for the last two years, and team spirit and a 'never say die' attitude is absolutely essential to that end.

As for Cardiff; you have a very hungry, and astute, manager who has built a formidable team - he was urged to spend money in January but believed he had built a team to do the job, and he was proved right! Think he will guide you to safety next season, and then look to build on that for the next. I also believe that, for all the talk of our passing game, it would have amounted to nothing if the basics weren't in place; a 'team' ethic where each player works hard for the team - the 'beautiful game' can only be beautiful if there is a strong foundation.

Think you'll be okay, think we will as well - but it aint gonna be easy and that 'never say die' attitude is going to be tested to the limit. <cheers>

13. swans-cartoonhead

Dai - give it a rest; I know you're a legend in your own lunchtime but don't denigrate others for the crime of having an opinion - you do yourself no favours by labelling anyone who disagrees with you an idiot!

14. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Dai!
    The radicalised groovy gang are tracking you down fella.

15. ProjectVRD

ProjectVRD Well-Known Member

Guys... This is the man who said David Villa was 100% joining the Swans last season, he was saying he got the information from the club. You can google his username and David Villa and find the claims that way. Take his word if you will but its best to keep in mind he probably doesn't know anybody involved in team matters.

16. swans-cartoonhead

Oooh - radicalised groovy gang - kinda like that! ;)

17. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

The Groovy Gang.

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

Sorry Cartoon I dont think your in it.

I can guess who the members are though.

18. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

I'm just saying it as I see it Dai. I don't know you, or ever wish to. But from your posts on this forum, you appear a very bitter individual and whenever there is a snippet of a negative story on the swans you have rounded on them like I would expect a Cardiff supporter would do. I doubt your support for our team. I doubt your claims to invites to do's. In fact the only thing you got right in your last post was the fact that I spelt steward wrong.... Although I would agree that you have forgotten a vast amount.

19. swans-cartoonhead

Dammit!!!! Wanna be in the Groovy Gang - sounds like so much fun! ;)

20. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image
    ................As I'm feeling in such a good mood today, take your pick mate, I'll give you anything from 100/1 to 10,000/1 for you to finish above us!................<laugh>