1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Welcome Saint Dejan

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by MorgansBitOnTheSchneid, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Not sure it is, this guy has been registered since May 2011, so unless he started with this account, moved onto GMI and moved back to this.

I can see the similarities though.

2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Don't think it's GMI. Different posting style.

3. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

At the very least they must be related! I've only read about 1/4 of the posts since it's gone a bit...petty. But that's more than enough to convince me that there's no point in getting involved with this.

4. Saints Fan4Life

As I say, I can see the similarites between them ... but I've concluded it's just another WUM to deal with ;)

Follows on from Joey B, GMI, Banana & co. ;)

5. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

I'm Random off Footballforums, come say hi. and then leave again because their premier league forum is **** and nobody but a couple of saints fans go in the saints forum. crstig was rarely there last I checked.

6. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Almost forgot about Joey B, seems like a long long time ago. There was that odd appearance from tomoluv? too. People find strange ways to amuse themselves.

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Looking back on the season with hindsight, of course, I've a sneaking suspicion we may have been nearer to relegation under Nigel, much as I loved the bloke, possibly even stumbling enough to actually drop. However, it was a hugely brave decision of Cortese to go with Pochettino, in my opinion, although I don't think Cortese does. I think Cortese works the percentages, as far as one can in these circumstances, and made a superb decision. He would say he just made the right one at the right time. We now have a manager who is off and running and by the new season will already have his own team to some extent.

As to that team, sure we have some instant hits, some not-so-instant hits, some great servants who have stayed and some great servants who have gone. I can't think of a single player who has actually been an abject failure, signed under this regime. I've also never known the club to be so well run and so rock solid, even when moving forward as fast as this one is currently. To be honest, the level and speed of achievement could make one's head spin if you really thought about it. It's only 4 years.. from going out of business in Lge One, to having ambitions of knocking on the door of the top half of the Premier League. Plus, Cortese got us into profit last year..!

Doesn't half make me feel proud. :)

Crikey, I've rambled and I wanted to say something about Lovren. I'll save it for next time.

8. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm Saint Mead.

9. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

ha, name rings a bell.

10. Saints Fan4Life

He was my worst ever poster haha ... glad he went

11. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Ah, Joey B...he had GMI's opinions on football mixed with Duckhunter's opinions on women, and a narcissistic worldview that suggested that he'd taken American Psycho for a self-help flick (minus the serial killing, maybe). Tough act to follow, that one.

12. Saints Fan4Life

The Ultimate, and orignal (at least on this board) WUM <laugh>

13. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

True, although I had no idea how we would do. Disillusionment set in with us getting spanked every week. Then things started to click. Now we know we can cut it and with a few additions, a good pre-season with MP.... I'm thinking we could shock some people.

14. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I actually thought Joey's views on football were often intelligent, it was just that he presented them in the most ****y way possible.

15. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

We've already done that. We also shocked the media and I think they have pretty much turned their opinion around about the decision to appoint Pochettino. Next season, Cortese won't be happy with shocking just a few people. I don't think he'll settle for less than wow-wee..! :)

Incidentally, I always find it a good idea to imagine what Cortese wants to do and expects to do, in the near or mid-term. I'm usually less ambitious than he is, in my own thinking, so it helps. He hasn't disappointed me yet and I'm not expecting to be disappointed next season, either.

16. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

we've shocked people a number of times. and then sort of waned without reaping substantial points from the effort. let's shock them and keep it up next season.

more clinical in front of goal please.

17. Lovelocum

More using the flanks also. Would like to see us buy a talented wide player.

18. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

agree. seems to be a rarity these days though.

19. Lovelocum

We agree on something!

20. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

you still have time to change your mind.