1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Weekend Debate

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Hmmm that message is sponsored by Cazoo, so does that mean that Kalvin is either going to play for Fat Frank or Stevey Gerrard ;)

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Think Marsch said in his interview having 5 subs would allow him to give more minutes to kids once the game safe.

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Good shout here as the only clubs talking about buying are prem clubs or top end European clubs. Even in Europe most transfers are now long term loans with buy options in a couple of years or freebies for players out of contract. No EFL club can afford one of our top kids..

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Once we’ve got a game safe <laugh>

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let’s hope we don’t have a repeat of this season, we haven’t been safe in a single game all season

OLOF and Eireleeds1 like this.
  6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Not strictly true though. The city Liverpool scum spurs games were all safe after 20 minutes. Maybe that’s what Jesse was rattling in about

wakeybreakyheart and Jammy 07 like this.
  7. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

But for whom ?

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  8. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Someone for god's sake please show Jesse the video of us 3-0 and coasting against Cardiff during our promotion season.

leeds down south likes this.
  9. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I know. You have to love an optimist.<laugh>

We’ve won 7 games this season. Only 1 by more than 1 goal. We went two goals clear in that game in the 92nd minute and had used 2 subs.

So this season with the 5 sub rule and a strategy to play kids with the game safe.. I make that 3 kids getting 3 minutes of injury time at home to Burnley.

Eireleeds1, Doc and Leedsoflondon like this.
  10. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

<laugh>

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Will Sam Greenwood be part of Jesse’s plans as that has been Sam's 3rd assist in his last 2 appearances. Marsch seems to like him?

Marcos Barber and Jammy 07 like this.
  12. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Seems Marsch has found Rodrigo’s best position and has now scored 6 goals this season, but 3 in the last 4 games under Marsch. He wasnt fantastic today compared to his last few games but he never gave up and deserved his goal. Thank god he took it too because the team then reverted to controlling the game and playing simple football instead of Sunday league bollox that could have seen us lose.

So for me Rodrigo should be retained

13. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

For 60 minutes it was hard to defend Rodrigo today. Once the game opened up he really came in to his own.

Doc likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Hard to defend any of them at one stage. I have never been as frustrated and angry at the stupidity and the crap passes, the decision making and all because they panicked. Dan james was absent, Llorente put himself in trouble too many times, Harrison was a mare to watch until he took his goal, Ayling was dire and even Dallas was dragged down too. Cooper yet again was brilliant

NostradEmus likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Comments from Marsch regarding Greenwood, he says Sam has taken to the new way of playing better than anyone and needs to be played more?

To me that sounds like an U23 player promoted to the first team squad for next season

Whitejock and Gessa like this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's not often we will get three goals from three different attackers, win a game 3-0 and I still wouldn't care which one (or more) of them were sold or moved on. Until Raphinha scored, I would have sworn he was trying to lower his value.

I'm certainly not convinced about Rodrigo which seems harsh considering he has taken his chances, I guess that's what happens when you have got some quality in there, you get a chance and you finish it.

Commentator mentioned Bielsa dropping Raphinha *when he did(, he said Raphinha can do nothing all game but he will still be the most likely to pull a goal out, he is the one you always leave on

17. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

More assists in a couple half games than Roberts in a season. Has to be in front of him now.

Doc likes this.
  18. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Both Greenwood and Summerville have looked short of confidence and terrified during previous 1st team appearances.

Today both of them looked alot more comfortable during the game. Greenwood picked a few well weighted balls after others had been ****ing them up all game and Summerville was all over the place pinging balls, defending and running at defenders.

Great stuff. Hopefully we can be safe quickly and these lads can get a good few minutes under their belts.

19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Getting safe is target 1 Emu agreed, but with £2m per league position counting it maybe that we could still climb one or two spots, so still crucial we do our best in every game, unless no chance of moving up that is :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

I was pleased to see them given a go. Joffy heljde creswell and the goalie have all done well this season. I don't rate Bate and not seen much of kenneh to have an opinion.