1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WAR! What is it good for?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Treble, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well this escalated all of a sudden. Breaking news tonight...

Russia has the troops in place to invade Ukraine "at any time" and American citizens should leave within the next 48 hours, the US has warned.

An invasion could start with aerial bombing that would make departures difficult and endanger civilians, the White House said on Friday.

US National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan said Russian forces were now "in a position to be able to mount a major military action" in remarks seen as a clear escalation in the urgency of warnings from US officials.

"We obviously cannot predict the future, we don't know exactly what is going to happen, but the risk is now high enough and the threat is now immediate enough that [leaving] is prudent," he said.

Mr Sullivan added that the administration did not know if Russian President Vladimir Putin had made a final decision to invade, but said that the Kremlin was looking for a pretext to justify military action, which he said could start with intense aerial bombardment.

On Friday evening, the UK Foreign Office issued updated travel guidance to advise UK citizens "against all travel to Ukraine".

"British nationals in Ukraine should leave now while commercial means are still available," the updated advice added.

A host of other countries have also urged their nationals to leave Ukraine.

Is war imminent? And who's looking for beef in all this? The Ruskies or the Yanks?

brb likes this.
  2. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

America has always made money from wars, that is why Vietnam dragged on for as long as it did

Alternate question America what is it good for

PINKIE, Diego, Treble and 1 other person like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I was waiting for someone to do a war thread. <laugh>

Personally I think we should keep our noses out, Ukraine was part of the USSR until was it around 1990's under Gorbachev's reign. Putin don't want NATO on his doorstep, I get it.

Biden runs away from Afghanistan, where the people are now starving to death and now wants to pick a fight with Putin, righto.

Still Biden is on deaths door so he has nothing to lose, Boris thinks he's Churchill, so all in all, we are all fooked. Idiots all of them.

4. brb

brb CR250

Absolutely nothing...

Schlem Boogerman likes this.
  5. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

That's overly long. Fuk you dickhead.

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

I love that version.

7. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

I've just scrolled up and seen political.
    This isn't gonna end well.

Saf, Treble and brb like this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think someone's looking for a fight. Just seems if you ratchet things up, create a set of narratives, build everyone up into thinking it's inevitable then it's easier to sell. It's not like we haven't seen this before. 20 years ago it was WMDs. Now it's too many troops on the border.

The only difference being that they might just push Russia enough with this rhetoric to make it a self-fulfilling prophecy and Putin just thinks, fck it nobody's listening, if they want a war let's see wtf they do, I'm going in.

Diego and brb like this.
  9. brb

brb CR250

Needs more music...I know just the song...

10. brb

brb CR250

Diego likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

I already think Putin is going to say bolloxs, bring it on, and we will have brought it on ourselves as per usual, Putin is going to smash shhite out the place if we try stopping him.

Treble likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Comm will look and see this thread, and think to himself, I'm going in lads...

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No way U.S. or anyone's getting involved if he goes in. It'll be sanctions and freezing Ruskie assets and then selling a whole load of arms to Ukraine and the Eastern European NATO countries.

I wonder if they'll put in special forces though? But you're fighting the Red Army ffs so I doubt it.

Diego and brb like this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

15. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

I remember watching this in 1980 in the cinema

When I went out of the cinema normal seemed strange

Archers Road, Diego and brb like this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Lot of ****ing sabre rattling going on here and i think the Russians have the biggest sabre.
    I understand them not wanting USA nukes/troops right on their border under the guise of NATO (USA wasn't happy about Cuba hosting Russian missiles), i also understand their need/wish to close the border between Ukrain and Russia to illegal immigrants travelling through to Europe (which was the original reason/excuse for the troop build up at the border)
    Now it seems we are on the brink of conflict if the screaming press have it right, personally i think the threat of sanctions will be pushed further instead but the Russians have a massive bargaining chip with their gas pipelines into Europe especially given the massive rise in gas prices recently.
    May rumble on for months but hopefully will fade away because "we won :bandit:" ( sensible reasons)

17. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Same ol ****

18. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

This is all about nationalism. Russia don’t want Ukraine leaning towards the West so have decided they will stop that by invading. Russia’s excuse of not wanting them to join NATO so that military is on their doorstep is utter crap. Never would the west attack Russia. Just propaganda.

It’s as simple as that, they did the same to Georgia. Difference is that Ukraine is on the EU border whilst Georgia wasn’t so we’ve heard more about it. Politicians are ****ers, but Putin is another level.

PINKIE likes this.
  19. SaintsForTheWin

Do you actually believe what you’re writing? How I’m reading this is that the west have caused this by commenting how many Russian troops have moved to the border?

Welshie likes this.
  20. SaintsForTheWin

Brought it upon ourselves by doing what exactly?