1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

VAR

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Post two of the thread.

Still the same then as it is now.

2. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Only you can edit it

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Doesn't need editing. Hasnt been edited either.

VAR is hand shandy

I hate the use of technology in football.

I like to discuss the game with my mates, warts and all

4. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

You still can its just all the people that blamed refs and linesman now blame var...

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Sorry but football is meant to be fun, exciting and a sport. It is not a business.

Couldn't give a crap if we lose because if human error. Means I can rant and rave fits a week. If human error benefits us I get to take the piss out of others.

6. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Of course it's a business, but are you saying its more fun to lose through unfair decisions ?

Whats changed nothing has changed you just blame var now.

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

It's not a business. Don't get yourself confused.

What's unfair in human error?

8. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

It is a business .

We lose

9. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Why open yourself up to human error when you can just avoid the situation entirely and refer to the video?

Munson. likes this.
  10. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Because they like taking it up the arse and being able to shout rape.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

It's part of the game

Anyway it's still open to human interpretation therefore errors will still be made

12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

No it's not. It's a game. Like monopoly.

13. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

How can it not be a business ?

14. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

The part people have been complaining about since I was a kid. How many years have people complained, whined, bitched and moaned about this. Now, we have a solution, and people don't like a delay. It's essentially like everything, people want things but don't like any form of effort involved.

Further to that, it doesn't annoy me that people cheer at the VAR results. So what? Fans have cheered at offside decisions in the past many, many times. So, now they cheer at a VAR result, the only ones truly complaining are the managers and the players who don't like it when they've looked like tits over celebrating and then the fans give them ****.

Recently Declan Rice has been having a moan about it, he has the intelligence and personality of a tree stump. Of course he doesn't understand why we need it.

Munson. likes this.
  15. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Spot on again mate

Welshie likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

It clearly isn't FAIR, or at least at best only marginally more fair than previously. Every game there are things not reviewed that are reviewed in other games and decisions changed. Its just as inconsistent. The actual percentage of decisions being made correctly overall if you include all the stuff inconsistently reviewed is very little. The trade off being that the games are blatantly worse to watch, play in and manage - that is the feedback from fans, players and managers.

But yeah lets ignore those people cause they don't matter and press on.

I'm more interested in watching actual football which seems in short supply with VAR. Its probably good for those with short attention spans though.

JakartaToon likes this.
  17. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

I disagree

Are you suprised ?

18. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

Yes,when have you ever disagreed about anything

Munson. likes this.
  19. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Huh..lol

20. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

The whole thing is an absolute cluster **** for me, far to confusing, time consuming and sucking the life out of the game.

Clear and obvious - define that for me? I'd love to hear the FA try and explain that one!

Offsides - TBH I completely agree with VAR on this, it is either onside or offside - Is 1mm offside is that clear and obvious though? I think not. Is a cm? Maybe. For me if the rule is you are a mm offside and they can prove it then fair enough which is the case at present but they give so little information and the decision takes to long to come to and they have to check every goal.

Handball - this I struggle with - Strikers can be given handball for the slightest brush of the hand while defenders are not penalised in the same fashion especially in their own box. For me it's pretty much the same as before VAR - no one has a clue what constitutes handball in different scenarios - I'd give West Ham's disallowed goal at the weekend as an example - 2 players challenging for the ball it bounces around and comes off Rice's arm - now he was not looking at it, I think he even had his eyes closed coming out of the contact and was in no way deliberate but goal disallowed yet in that exact same instant the defender would not have been punished for handball? I can't figure how that is fair? I think the handball should be for clear and obvious bending of the rules a-la Henry vs Ireland in the knockout qualifiers for WC but then how do you prove someone meant to do it - Henry - clearly did, Rice you'd never know if he intentionally did that (I suspect not) but how can you prove one way or another hence I struggle with it.

I've said it many times before, scrap clear and obvious, give the managers 2 challenges for the 90 mins any handball is handball, a mm offside is offside, the red card for Aubamayang the other day is down to the manager to challenge if they disagree with the call from the ref. If you get the call right you keep your appeal, get it wrong and you lose it. Takes the pressure off the ref's and the onus on the team manager, captain and players who lets face it probably earn 100x the amount the ref's do with 100x less of the stick. It's the only way I can see VAR working in the game at present because the current set up is ridiculous.

JakartaToon likes this.