1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 19th. June 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Jun 18, 2018.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Meetings

Royal Ascot
    Flat 6 Races 2:30-5:35p.m.
    Thirsk
    Flat 8 Races 1:40-5:45p.m.
    Stratford
    N/H 6 Racres 2:20-5:20p.m.
    Brighton(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:40-8:40p.m.
    Sligo(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:50-8:50p.m.
    Beverley(E)
    Flat 6 Races 6:30-9:00p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races

Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  2. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

It occurred to me last night that Romanised 6/1 is an incredible price, be 6/4 if Obrien trained it after that last win. Without Parole needs to step up a lot and its difficult for inexperienced horses to deliver first time at the top level. Tip To Wins guineas form looks solid but hed better off in the Jersey, looks like he finished in front of a load of middle distance horses at Newmarket. US Navy Flag doesnt quite get the mile and has had plenty of hard races. Wootton has looked a class act but how can you back him after that last performance where he ran like a complete nutcase, also suspicion he may be best on soft ground.

Mirage Dancer in the last :emoticon-0152-heart

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  3. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

Romanised in the 2000 irish after a furlong i said to myself that one cant win. So to do it must have been a very good run, im all over him tomorrow at that price.

4. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Forget Ascot <laugh> am off to Brighton in the evening so any tips - much appreciated.

5. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I can see a few of the short-priced favourites getting turned over this week but normally the first day is good for punters because there is only one handicap on the card.

In the Queen Anne, the French raider Recoletos drops back to a mile after winning a sub-standard Prix d’Ispahan last time (the third that day was beaten in a Group 3 at Chantilly on Sunday); and he is unproven on quick ground. Benbatl is another one dropping back to a mile and for some reason they are persevering with Limato over a mile. It is impossible to gauge the American raider Yoshida and he has been running over nine furlongs at home. Lockinge winner RHODODENDRON presumably has stablemate Deauville in to make the pace and she can get favourite backers off to a good start, having already beaten a couple of today’s rivals at Newbury.

Lady Aurelia could win back-to-back King’s Stands but at around the 2/1 mark, she is not my idea of a bet against Battaash in a race where half the field simply are not good enough, as indicated by the betting.

In the St James’s Palace, I cannot be having Frankel’s son Without Parole as the favourite on the strength of a Listed race win and a novice race penalty kick. He might turn out to be Pegasus but he does make the book for a Classic winner, Romanised, and a Classic runner-up TIP TWO WIN. I cannot see any reason why U S Navy Flag or Gustav Klimt are going to reverse running from The Curragh or Newmarket; and Roger Teal’s grey would be favourite if it were from a bigger yard. Hopefully he will wipe the smirk off Matt Chapman’s face.

Surely Sir Michael will get that record-breaking winner with Mirage Dancer in the last...

What time will Murray quit at Queen’s Club? 4:15? 4:20? <laugh>

gazboy likes this.
  6. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I’m gonna have a couple of quid ew on the Hughes horse shaybani in the Coventry well related with plenty of winners in the family including group winners over this distance.
    Cheers.

7. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Come on guys <laugh>

8. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Morning

9.00 Beverley-Bollin Ted @ 7-2 [Paddy Power]

Should be worth the wait

SwanHills likes this.
  9. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Anyone got any good streams that work overseas (Italy) for watching royal ascot?

10. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Think I'll start off Royal Ascot with Lightning Spear in the first (2:30).

11. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

For those of you that like coincidences, not only is Yoshida running in the first at Ascot, but also playing in Japan's midfield at the same time. That's talent for you <laugh>

He's difficult to asses but at 14-1 worth an ew punt on the basis that he isn't here sight-seeing (the horse, not the player!)

12. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

The Don in Italy <badger><badger><badger> perfecto

13. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

If you have an android phone download Mobdro Godfather <yikes>

14. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

afraid that card is low grade and not easy to find an angle , perhaps Swissal in the opener is a runner who might suprise , stable doesn't send many to the track but have reasonable record 10/1 seems very big

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Big bet on Lady Aurelia and that's it for me today, in fact this will be my quietest Royal Ascot in years as I don't fancy much all week.

rudebwoy likes this.
  16. the don

the don Well-Known Member

iPhone although can get the Mobdro app but no idea how to use it!
    Any other ideas welcome!

17. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Download the app press sport option scroll down to Racing UK jobsagoodun

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Taking a look through the Ascot card today I will make the following (worthless) comments

14.30 I love the name of flowers and I’m sure Rhododendron will run a favourite’s race. But I think two other overseas raiders will put up a good fight, Recoletos and Yoshida and maybe one of them will snatch the win

15.05 Surely the hottest 2yo race this year and any number of these could be about to show their potential here. It will take a smart one to beat Calyx, highest rated 2yo so far

15.40 You have to be worried when AOB has 4 in a race like this. Interesting that 3 of them are 3yos. Lady Aurelia has to be feared, but I’m hoping Battaash doesn’t lose the race at or before the start and shows them all a clean pair of heels where it matters

16.20 I had Tip Two Win last time but that was a hard race for him and that may have been the best he can offer so I’m deserting him this time. Wooton and Romanised both look to be in with good chances but I’m going for the hyped up Without Parole. He had a fairly easy race last time out, winning in a slow time. But prior to that, he won in a fast time easing up. I’m assuming Dettori knows what he has here and will show he is up to G1 today.

17.00 This looks a nightmare but my 3 against the field are Coeur de Lion, Look My Way and White Desert with Look My Way being a risky ew shot for me

17.35 Another tricky one with Laraaib, Sharja Bridge, Mirage Dancer and Big Country all in with sound chances. But for me, at the prices, this is a no brainer ew bet on Monarchs Glen. I’m ignoring his last run (at Meydan after a 162 day break) and prefer to rely on his performance at Newmarket in October where he won going away in a decent time. Dettori stays with him. Good enough for me

19. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Have had a couple of bets, mainly my comp picks but I like BURJ in the Coventry. Beat Aussie View by 6 lengths who in turn won very easily on Sunday although the field were newcomers. Big form boost so now it will probably come last. Around the 20/1 - 25/1 mark.

20. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member