1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer rumours

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, May 19, 2014.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We all know that site which is as reliable as a chocolate teapot....

But here is what its currently saying about players rumoured to leave us and join us.

* Port Vale are interested in Tom Parkes.

* MK Dons are planning a move for Michael Smith.

* Bristol Rovers trying to agree terms with Jack Midson and Jamie White.

* Rovers to table a 5 figure bid for Stevenage striker Lucas Akins, with Matt Harrold going the other way as the makeweight in the deal.

* Fleetwood are planning a double raid on Bristol Rovers pair Jon Joe O'Toole and Michael Smith. Expect a deal to be announced shortly.

* nick higgs in talks with a consortium from texas, usa, about possible sale of club.

* Louis Carey looks set to join newly relegated Bristol Rovers on one year deal with coaching role. Also former City manager Sean O'Driscoll set to join as part of restructured management team.

* Matt Paterson Aldershot to Burton Albion or Bristol Rovers.

<doh>

2. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

* nick higgs in talks with a consortium from texas, usa, about possible sale of club.

I hate JR <grr>

3. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Carey? O'Driscoll?

WTF?

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That rumour site should b called humour site

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Lucas Akins looks quite good, although he's hardly prolific - 7 goals in 77 appearances for Tranmere. But it looks as though he's been quite highly rated and he's only 25.

6. Gastronomic

The quicker players moving out of the club get signed the better because it all gets unsettling if it drags on too long.

Michael Smith can do better than Fleetwood, that's for sure. JJOT will do just fine...

7. Gastronomic

Jamie White's a prolific goalscorer, so that looks more like it. Midson will be a good signing too.

8. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Jamie White - prolific but sicknote.

Akins - nah

Midson - mmmm, perhaps, but would he want to drop down to non-league?

JJOT and Smith will be linked to every L1 and L2 side until they're actually sold.

Texas investor? - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

SoD and Carey - wtf?????! Nonsense.

9. Gastronomic

Let's face it, our income drops from £1m to a £400K parachute payment, then nothing...so the future doesn't look very bright for any decent signings.

If White is a sick note AND can score all those goals, then he must be excellent. Tranmere were reluctant to let Akins go a couple of years ago, so he's probably ok. And Midson would be great at that level. There's a lot of players floating around without clubs, so the prospect of Rovers in the Conference is still probably better than a lot of other options...

10. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Just imagine that selling 2 of are best players 2 bloody Fleetwood a club who were in some very low down league some years back it's a joke their only where they are because of all the money they've spent

11. Gastronomic

Jamie White's played 77 games since 2012. Matt Harrold has played about 55 since 2011...

12. matealotblue

matealotblue New Member

Dallas? Just what we need - more cowboys!

13. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

And they suck :p

14. matealotblue

matealotblue New Member

You been watching THAT video again then?

15. Gasheadseamge79

Forum Moderator

Maybe :bandit:

16. optogas

optogas New Member

I'm hoping that Dc has a list of players who want to better themselves rather than players who have been cast aside from their old club. JJ, Riordan, Kenneth, Gill, Pethick, Thomson, and even Carayol to name just a few who have either come to us as a way of getting into the shop window with little to no commitment or have been vastly over-rated and it has been assumed as they have come from a higher level means they our good players. For nigh on fifteen years we have bought or given contracts to mercenaries and over-hyped S**te. Apart from one lucky promotion based on one quality league two striker and another world class striker looking to prove himself. If it had been Walker and say Harrold up front we would have been mid table at best in that season. I don't care who we sign as long as they sign for the right reasons! Oh and before someone points it out, Yes i know Lambert played a more midfield role that season but his vision and intelligence plus his outstanding free kicks won us many a point and game.

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

spot on opto. near the end of the season while at the mem before kick off i overheard a few talking in front of me about how poor its been and we got lucky in our promotion season. the more i think about it the more i agreed. yes we had a great run from struggling to reaching the play offs in the last few months. there was some good performances but even that season we were not consistant enough.

clarke sounds like he wants the players you are talking about. players here to fight for the club and want to play for rovers. i can see a fair few non league players being signed which wont fill us with confidence but those will fight for us as they may see us as their chance to get into the football league. with the stadium that could be ready the following season, there should be good times ahead. if we dont get top 5 this coming season then i think we will be down in the conference for some time.

18. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was in Devon today and the local paper was full of Torquay already strengthening their squad.
    Cureton and Midson were mentioned as interesting them.

19. A Matter Of Time

A Matter Of Time Well-Known Member

Sorry opto but I think you're far from spot on. Yes we weren't consistent enough in parts, but I saw that Rovers side play some great football - much better than under Buckle, McGhee and Ward anyway - and no-one in that team lacked passion and commitment. The likes of Anthony, Green, Haldane, Carruthers and Jacobson were all young and keen to impress, while few other players got through as much work in midfield as Campbell and Disley.

I also disagree with you on the strikers. Only 12 of Walker's 23 goals that season came in regular league matches, and we had the fifth lowest number of goals in the division. Much of it was actually based on a very good defence, which conceded about 25 less goals than in 2005-06.

And one more thing. Lambert scored a grand total of 0 free-kicks that season.

Please don't take it the wrong way - it's just my personal opinion and you are entitled to have yours. After all, we both want what's best for this club.

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Latest additions to the transfer rumour site.....

* Bristol Rovers talking with Ryan Bowman.

* Tom Parkes talking with Brentford.