1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. The Bonstar Wandit

The Bonstar Wandit Well-Known Member

Ha!! In January. Just shifting it one window at a time Piskie. Soon it'll be "I guess there wasn't anyone available, Wenger MUST sign someone in summer." Even before Giroud got injured Arsenal SHOULD have been in for a striker. It's poor execution, it's poor planning, it's poor management. Wenger out.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Do you or do you not agree that signing a CB is a priority in January ?

3. The Bonstar Wandit

Keep twisting. A CB was a priority in the window just gone. Another failing of the Arsenal management. When Vermaelen was sold Wenger stated that he was an important player and would be replaced. I guess he meant in 6 months time. Do you or do you not agree that a centre back and a defensive midfielder should have been signed in this window and that Wenger has failed by not doing so?

4. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

OK, at least now it is clear what we are competing for this season - the 4th place. So we can relax and allow an occasional draw, and we can lose to all top three teams away, no problemo.

5. EmirAleks

I guess Wenger had some money for a decent CB when he was talking about Verm. But it all gone for a striker. So Giroud injury has cost us 16 ml.

6. gent

gent Well-Known Member

He should have at least not loaned out Jenkinson, so that when Debuchy is out we still have someone in the bench should he be needed, and Chambers would shift to CB.

Monreal has been **** defensively in LB recently, why would anyone think he can be a decent backup for CB.

7. EmirAleks

Montreal is playing well this season.

8. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Not really. According to the AST, we had another £50 odd Mil to spend before the Welbeck signing.

9. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Maybe last season. But this season when he's been given a run of games he's been quite solid.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I'm not twisting, so no need for the faux drama. I agree that a DM and a CB should have been signed this window, you would have known that if you'd read my comments.

What I'm saying is that a CB is definitely a priority in January. Do you or do you not agree with that ? It's a fairly simple question.

11. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

A striker became our highest priority and rightly so. We play an attacking system and our need for an outlet had to be a priority. (Still no excuse to not strengthen defensively)

About a month ago I wrote a list of Strikers who I thought could take Arsenal to the next level. Wellbeck was on that list because I honestly think he's a potentiallyWorld Class player.

Much like Sturridge he's been played out on the wing - because he has pace but his true position is as a centre forward and this is where he can excel. Pace, power and solid technique Wellbeck seems like a classic Wenger signing and I'm confident he is going to be a success at Arsenal.

12. The Bonstar Wandit

It's an idiotic question. You'd make a great politician. Arsenal needed a centre back in summer, they didn't sign one, and your question is "do Arsenal need a centre back in January?" Did I miss the part where the problem magically vanished?

13. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I must admit to being disappointed with this window. It started off so well but but I think the club have ****ed up by not addressing the obvious weakness in central defence & central midfield.There's nothing that can be done now though unless someone can think of a couple of free agents.

14. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Welbeck could turn out to be a revelation for us,if he gets the winner against Spurs at the end of the month he'll have hero status.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Yeah definitely most impressive. Well, actually, Debuchy has impressed more. Actually so has Sanchez. So yeah, he's impressed more than Ospina and Welbeck who've made 0 appearances so far.

Hype machine is in overdrive for Chambers already.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Who cares if AW wasn't in for a striker initially... it's patently obvious we needed one whether Giroud is fit or not. Obvious to anyone but AW it would appear.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Who cares how well a Canadian team is playing?

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Lassana Diarra on a free would have done a short term job

19. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Debuchy has been bang average. Sanchez has picked up in the last two games but was pretty awful before that (subbed at half-time against Everton) Chambers without the most impressive so far, when you consider that he has played in a position that he was not even playing before coming here.

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

We need another CB thats for sure. I got pretty furious at times during this transfer window but I have to say...

Debauchy - Quality replacement for Sagna. Not as good positionally but better going forward and covers more ground.
    Chambers - Absolute beast. When you consider his age and how many times he's played at CB its clear he is going to be a World Beater.
    Ospina - Experinced International keeper. Good enough to give Sczezney some real competition.
    Sanchez - Simply World Class.
    Wellbeck - Still only 23. Tall, quick, skillfull and has a lot more to come.

I would like someone to tell me the last time we had a better transfer window??