1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Top 4 run ins

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by moreinjuredthanowen, Apr 18, 2021.

?

Who will get top four...

1. Leicester

2. West Ham

3. Spurs

4. Liverpool

5. Everton

6. Chelsea

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not all teams just park the bus, you're asking for a hiding if you do that, you've get to have out ball and give yourself a chance of scoring.

Most teams we face though defend the box; drop back, get at least ten behind the ball to defend their own penalty area and let us pass it amongst our defensive players. They only interact once we try something.

As I said, they're entitled to do it and it works.

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, just very good at getting back to shape. Fulham, newcastle, Southampton, west brom, Burnley.
    They are in effect so deep they cant even get out until we get sloppy or impatient and give it away.

I think west brom can certainly hit on the break.

Sauerkraut Inia and Zanjinho like this.
  3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

West Brom of late haven’t really parked the bus at all though. Their issue has been finding the net, and conceding soft goals at the other end. Pereira is top quality though, and defo won’t be there next season, as he has the ability to create something out of nothing.

4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

We haven’t put a run of games together like we need to all season, so I’m still not holding my breath for top four. Incredible how one good result against a poor Utd team puts us back in the favourites seat! Reality is we have done anything this season to suggest that we can win 5 games in a row.

Zanjinho likes this.
  5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

6. moreinjuredthanowen

No but they have finally played Robinson who has a small bit of pace to break on us. You are right though, they had to win games and it was all or nothing.

Imo however now they dont need to win so is fat Sam feels like it he can go for 11.men back effort.

The pressure is off but theres no fans so really it can go one of two ways. Heads down or chests out.

I have no clue what they will turn up like, fat sam will not be there next year. He has no interest in the 46 game slog in the championship. It's hard to know what those players will be thinking.

Our should be all business. They have "suffered" to what extent a top 6 side understands that and have improved over the last few games in results if not performance. They should know now theres something there for them but whether that raises enough games I'm not sure.

7. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

These scenarios were predicted here last week ;) People saying we had no or very little chance don’t do much math <whistle>. We had a chance even with a draw against MU but a win (together with the Chelsea defeat v Arsenal) turned the odds completely in our favour.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Hard to call, I remember Bournemouth turning up at Goodison last game of last season after being relegated and doing us 3-1. The removal of pressure can work in different ways, they can lose that extra couple of % of effort, but they can also relax, especially in front of goal. If you score early they’ll likely fold like a cheap suit. It’s the Burnley game that offers the greatest risk to you imo, as they’re in decent form and they’ll have some fans back in.

organic red likes this.
  9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Obviously but a visual makes it easier to understand.

Odds are in our favour? <laugh> We've got to all three against styles we've struggled against all season. The odds are not with us at all

Sauerkraut Inia and Tobes like this.
  10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You’re still 3rd favourites to finish top 4 though.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.

11. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

how many times this season have we won 5 in a row? The odds have improved dramatically for sure but completely in our favour?? You have not been watching the same team as me this year <whistle>

Appreciate some are naturally more optimistic and I truly hope the team delivers for them.

12. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

this is the reality I’m afraid. Could change tomorrow or Monday mind

13. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, it is a hard one. You are right though an early goal should drop their heads. Any encouragement puffs out their chests, especially if being on tv still matters

14. Darwinism

Hardly anything in it. Depends on which bookies. But it is now completely in our hands. The roles are now reversed. Chelsea and Leicester have to pray that we drop a couple of points along the way. To me the key result was that Chelsea defeat against Arsenal. If the chavs had won it I could see the two sorting out a draw which would have put both in the driving seats but losing forces both to now seek a win :)

15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Yep, it’s been such a weird season, that you’d be barmy to try and second guess all the results of the remaining games based on the usual parameters. The difference between last week and this, is you’re back in with a chance, as you looked buried.

16. Darwinism

If I was a betting man I would wager a good wad on Chelsea missing a CL place completely. Good odds on them coming 5th and beaten in the CL final by City.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah I think people need to see that gd when not if chelsea bigger squad helps them beat leicester. It will come down to gd and its roo right.

If ever there was a time to score 4 or 5 its tomorrow.

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Probably good that you’re not a betting man then mate, as they’re still favourites to clinch a spot via the league but if that fails they have a 50/50 of getting one via the CL.

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

I dunno mate. They are very hard to score against and really they have the squad with options to have the fresh legs v Leicester in the league match that seriously disadvantages leicester. It's actually a disgrace they have to play so soon after an fa cup final.

Anything could happen in the cl. City have now lost twice to chelsea but not putting everything in so it's about first goal wins imo.

Overall leicester v spurs on the final day tells me that its leicester to miss out twice in total heartbreak if I were a betting man. However I dearly hope they win the fa cup.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

I think you.are right about burnely. We will struggle in that one but personally having a crowd in might actually help us as well.