1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on Arsenal??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 21, 2018.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

The irony is, if we perform badly against Newcastle, Stan will have about a dozen posts on here slagging off various players and the manager, despite wanting to lose the game!!

Utter madness.

BobbyD and Bodinki like this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would tell said Arsenal fans that there is no guarantee that the board would sack Wenger in any event, they missed out on CL football and he got a ****ing contract extension, so I wouldn't be so sure that finishing midtable would give them the desired result.

I would also remind them that their board are definitely a HUGE part of the problem, and that sacking Wenger would only alleviate half of their problems, and I would not be confident in that board hiring the right replacement.

afcftw likes this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

Various? Just Alonso, Fabregas & Cahill.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Or they could switch allegience to Chelsea and their Manager would get fired every year or so !!!
    Not sure which is worse, sacking good managers far too often despite winning things, or not sacking managers at all despite not winning things !!
    Surely there is a middle ground for both Clubs to try and find?

5. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Indeed, the FA Cup is one of the most prestigious trophies in world sport. We’ve now won it 7 times and that since our late start to winning it in 1970. I’m hoping for us to win it for the 8th time this season. A victory against The Barcodes on Sunday will brighten our bleak mid winter here in Blighty. :1980_boogie_down:

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Well I certainly hope so. As always, it's up to Conte to put the right players on the pitch. I don't want to see loads of changes nor loads of youngsters, but a couple of new faces are needed. Luiz should play, and maybe even Cahill, who is not my favourite. I'd like to see Pedro and MIchy restored and a place found for either Ampadu or Musonda.
    What I don't want is Hazard being used as a striker.
    Last thing we need is another draw and the same old faces playing the same old predictable touchline moves.

BobbyD likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Two great goals from Michy, and a fantastic free kick goal from Alonso. I’m now dreaming of us beating Manchester City in the final. :1980_boogie_down:

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Michy looks like a proper striker when the team sets up correctly. Contes' obsession with a "Target Man" when we don't have one makes the team unbalanced far too often. Pedro showed why he needs more game time as well, and Stans mate Alonso why he is one of the first selected. Also got to see Ampadu in midfield so quite a day.
    Still far from convinced that Christensen should play every game, especially with Cahill, together they are as dull as dishwater with their sideways and backwards passing. I get that his defence is bloody good, but some games we need Luiz for his better vision and attacking passes, which help the front runners who get pretty ordinary service from the midfield without Fabregas.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

In fairness CP. Luiz was injured today so he may well have played him with either of those two.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

I didn't realise that. I should stress that I'm not knocking Christensen, he's gold, but so is Luiz who needs game time.
    What I have noticed though is that when Dave, Cahill and Christensen play together, Daves' creative play and forward runs all but dissapear. I think it's because he keeps an eye on Christensen and so stays back a bit more. When Rudiger replaces Cahill, both Dave and Alonso seem able to give more. Just wish Conte would spread the load more and choose players relative to the opposition. All of them have plenty to offer and need to be played.

Diego likes this.

11. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

*replying to thread title* I fancy a bowl of tea and maybe a packet of biscuits.

12. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

"Bowl of tea"! you heathen tea has to be taken in a cup. What is the world coming to, goodness me.

Diego likes this.
  13. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

can't get me paw into a tea cup handle