1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Thoughts on Arsenal??

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 21, 2018.

1. The Ginger Marks

The trouble with commenting on here is that some people just come out with mindless crap. As most of the sensible posters have highlighted the problems aptly without sledging players as crap defenders and using only 10 players.

The loss of Willian was very damning as without his contributions we were too slow and toothless. The goals were terribly cruel as deflections cannot be avoided at times and getting two in one game was the difference. Bakayoko did much better and showed he is returning to form again after 4 poor games. Barkley for the injured Willian was a mystery as Musonda or Drinkwater were the obvious choices.

We started brightly but conceded that advantage to a fluke goal but we stopped attacking them with the same intensity. The second half was dire as we conceded midfield the rest they say is history. Willy made a great save and is far better than people think he is. Batshuyi yet again proved to be sub standard a although service to him was almost non existent his off the ball play is unintelligent at best.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Spot on.

Certainly think we've been unlucky to have such a lousy record against Arsenal of late.

We were the better side for 3/4 of this cup tie but didn't make our superiority count over the 2 legs. Moratas poor finishing alone cost us a win at their place a few weeks back and they've certainly got the benefit of some luck (last night's goals) and ref decisions as well (Sanchez cup final goal was ridiculous).

I would say that largely we are cancelling each other out though and it's just a case of who takes the most of the 3-4 chances created each game.

I agree with the comments above that we should impose ourselves on them more and tactically this has to be laid at Conte's door I guess.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Sensible post. Missed both first half goals as late for game having dinner at Piebury Corner. £17 for hipster pie and mash. Was on expenses but was still hungry afters anyway

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Arrived at the ground as Willian was being subbed. Groaned when the Scouse Bastard came on.

3-4-3 with WillHazPed we had a good chance.

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now Will is the Saviour??

How many games I have begged Tony to Start Will in the league.

Shame

6. The Ginger Marks

Trouble is Stan you drop so few pearls of wisdom amongst the bollocks of sledging certain players and the stupid 10 man faux pas no-one listens mate. <ok>

Gareth1808 likes this.
  7. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

36.000 Chelsea fans paying to watch our team on Sunday some travelling a long way for an early kick off. And our own so called fan (Not supporter ) wants us to lose . This is someone who probably has no idea what it has felt like when you meet all your MATES on cup final day and head to Wembley or felt bitter disappointment at not getting a ticket .
    I assume when football becomes a video game you this is how insignificant it all becomes . And I for 1 don't want to hear 6.000 Geordie singing that stupid Benitez song.
    I still don't know if Stan is a wum or has some sort of obsessive personality disorders with certain players but I think most people would agree it's getting boring now and has run it's course .
    Other contributers bemoan our lack of activaty on this site and I don't join in often enough but I think I have explained why
    COYB

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

<ok>

Anyone who remember the 97 cup final and how long we had to wait for that bit of success would surely never want us to lose an fa cup game...at home as well!

These new age fans are depressing!

9. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Boy o Boy. We are not like spuds anymore to wait for multiple decades for something tangible.

Lack of ability is never an issue, lack of attitude and application is!!

Our team has lots of ability, so criticism is well deserved for both Tony & team.

10. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Stilled pissed of with last nights result am sure Willian going off was key to this.I would of brought on
    Zappa for Willian and put Moses in the front 3.Got to blame Conte i'm afraid.

StanDMan likes this.

11. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I can hardly believe you’ve referred to the FA Cup as a ‘mickey mouse cup’. My grandfather served this country in the Royal Engineers and his boast as a Chelsea supporter was that the Royal Engineers have won the FA Cup. He was 60 when Chelsea finally won the FA Cup for the first time in 1970 - and for anyone around then it was an awesome achievement to have beaten the then mighty Leeds to win that cup.

12. The Ginger Marks

Forget him mate he’s a glory hunter, my first game was in 1957 with my father. Seen it all, done it all, highs & lows, forever Chelsea.

KTBFFH

13. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Chelsea - still the only club in West London to have won the FA Cup and I can’t imagine Fulham, QPR or Brentford referring to the FA Cup as a Mickey Mouse Cup should they ever win it. A long time ago now but I vaguely remember watching Fulham on TV play West Ham in the final, was it 1975?

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

The FA Cup has to be one of the most prestigious Trophies in WORLD football, let alone UK. Here in Oz, even non football fans sit up all night to watch the final because of its' historic pull and atmosphere.
    Even so, I have advocated for us to prioritise PL and CL above the FA and certainly the "League" Cup while we have such a thin squad. This was no disrespect to the FA, though it sure looks like it in light of the posts. I would however ,never want to lose as Stan has done, I hope this was just another of his crazy outbursts and not his true feelings.
    Incidently, now we have Alonso and Rudiger added to the list, and Kante described as looking knackered. That's because he is.So is Alonso and Hazard, they all play too much.
    I am in no doubt now that Conte is not playing certain players in order to keep up his feud with the Board. Season can't end soon enough and this bloke head off to his personal nirvana Club.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  15. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

What about filling Wembley for the full members cup that's when we really showed true support . But every other team knew what we took all over the country In those days. Where were we when we were **** YOUR town you're pub your end to quote some good and regular chaps

Bristol Blue likes this.
  16. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Stan you need to retract that statement. "Mickey mouse cup". I am saying this as a Chelsea fan, winning the FA Cup has brought so much pleasure, not just to us, but to supporters of all clubs that have won it. It's massive and steeped in history. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to all the other clubs that work very hard just to get to the level to compete in it, if you have a bone of decency you will apologise, if you don't well, you'll get a big fat no from me.

The Ginger Marks and shedend59 like this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Where to begin....

Ya know what, **** it....I legit sat there for a few minutes after writing the first line wondering what it is I could say to try drum in to your brain how absolutely ****ing retarded you sound when you make comments like this and I came to the conclusion that I really couldn't give a ****, you are a waste of effort.

All I will say is the 1997 FA Cup final is one of my fondest memories as a youngster and one of the best days of my childhood.

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Think you boys need to chill. Stans 1 of a kind. Pretty sure he isnt a wum a ccount just has special tendencies.

If thats how he feels about the FA cup then thats his own opinion. For the record i think most PL managers and chairman have this opinion of it too seeing everyone puts their B side out. Even the players look half arsed half the time.

Most fans (especially the older and maych going ones) would prefer to lift trophies but you have to accept not everyone prioritises what sky dont hype up

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Saying you dont think the manager should prioritise the FA Cup is one thing, and I would probably agree with that.
    Saying you flat out hope Chelsea lose because its a "Mickey Mouse Cup" is something else.
    I never want my team to lose.

Surely you can see the difference?

BobbyD likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yeah. Different people have different ideas whats best for the team. Obviously he hasnt phrased it very well.

Obviously it being our club it strikes home a bit more but how do you feel about arsenal fans who would want arsenal to finish mid table for 1 season just so wenger goes than have him consistently scraping 4th/5th but staying forever?