1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

THE TRANSFER WINDOW

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by kunye, Dec 8, 2017.

1. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

It is rumored in various sports papers that in the next window Newcastle will be making a bid for TC
    suggested 10/15m + Dwight Gayle, and Tom says he is flattered by the bid," on the cards could be".?
    Fredericks is another name in the gossip mix.
    I feel that if we are still in the bottom half at the start of the year, sad to say, several moves could be
    under way.

2. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

You could be right. I have long suspected that the way we got several of our top men to stay was the promise of a Premiership push and if we didn’t make it they were free to go next summer. As it turns out I could see a few thinking the season is more or less a dead rubber so why not move a bit earlier and leaving us during January.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

I see us having some new players in and moving on some of the player picked for SJ. Our key guys staying put, and resurgence toward the end of the season.
    I hope.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  4. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

The gossip columns are saying that of those on the Jan wanted list, the most likely being
    RS anyone heard anything to confirm.

5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Sun stuff and nonsense. They keep resurrecting the story that Sessegnon is going to Spurs to replace Rose.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  6. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

For me this is a tricky transfer window.
    I think the club has to realistically look to think if they still have a chance of automatic promotion or even top six.
    Then they have one of two ways.
    1. Bring in Marquee signings at Center backs, Keeper, Striker positions and go for it.
    2. Start to bring the young players such as Edun, O'Riley, Humphrys, S,Sessegnon, Djalo etc and integrate them for next season.

It may also be an indicator if Jokanovic is going to stay on next season.

7. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Like your train if thought sounds a good idea apart from djalo

8. Cottager58

Notice SuperBri didn't mention any goalkeepers among the list of young'uns who could be brought in rosc. So thought I'd just mention that your favourite Jesse Joronen is having such a blast with AC Horsens that Danish Superliga side FC Copenhagen are going for him in January.

9. Cottager58

Done deal from summer 2018 rosc. And apparently for 6.5m euros.

upload_2017-12-15_13-1-27.jpeg

Source: https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/superliga/fck-enige-med-horsens-joronen-mangler-kun-laegetjek

10. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Who sanctioned that move,one of many lost talents over the past couple of seasons
    .Rumour ?, Cardiff are interested in Buton.:emoticon-0102-bigsm.

11. Cottager58

Really? Would be surprising when they've got another Fulham free transfer, Neil Etheridge, playing rather well.

12. Cottager58

As others have said, we'll probably have to move on a few brought in during the summer who currently aren't on the Gaffer's radar before bring any of SuperBri's 'marquee' signings can come in. Although at the FST meeting with the Club last week, Ali Mac went on record saying, "there will be significant funds to support the head coach during the January transfer window". He did add however that the Club’s recruitment policy would remain the same as before.

January as we know is a notoriously difficult window not only to get in quality but to get it in early. One potential route is through players out of contract in the summer. Here's a link to a list of Championship players in that situation. Nobody obvious pops out for me me but anyone else spot a hidden gem?

https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/championship-players-out-of-contract-summer-2018/

Simply to put it to the fore, here are the Fulham players out of contract in the summer:

Michael Madl, Ryan Fredericks, Ragnar Sigurdsson, Magnus Norman, Aron Davies, Sean Kavanagh, Foday Nabay, George Williams, Marek Rodak, Jaydn Mundle-Smith, Jayden Harris

PS Believe discussions are underway with Ryan Fredericks and Aron Davies has been offered a new contract.

13. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

C58 of the above list my retainees would be
    Fredericks
    Davis
    Norman
    Rodak
    Either it be in tis window or the summer I would have a mass clear out of the remainder above named
    +Fonte, Kabano,Kamara, Button, Soares, Djalo, Cisse.
    and if we finish in the bottom half a manager with tactics above the on dimensional ones we are currently playing under

14. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Fonte, Kebano & Kamara can all be good players for us. I would be inclined to sell Button or Bettinelli and promote Rodak to the bench. Soares is still coming back from injury and Djalo/Cisse look limited.

We need to buy a left back & a right winger to rebalance the team (although Ojo has been good since coming back) and a centre back to replace Kalas. It's a tough ask.

15. Super Brian McBride

Aston Villa – Gabby Agbonlahor, Preston - Jordan Hugill, Norwich – Wes Hoolahan (not outstanding but potential)

Some players I'd try for in the January window.
    out of contract in Summer 2018 Tottenham – Michel Vorm
    Ulloa - Leicester City

Rumor Saman Ghoddos Östersund Centre-Forward on Fulham's radar

16. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Warburton of NF says he will be bidding for Betts this coming window ?

17. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

SB Mc B I like your call , i would like to add Gayle of Newcastle to that list

18. Super Brian McBride

It's possible we might get Gayle if rumours of the first transfer Benitez's wants from any new owners would be Sturridge from Liverpool, but I'd guess we'd have to stump near £10m.or make the deal with Tom Cairney they want, to get Gayle

19. Cottager58

The local paper is saying that the Gaffer has Lewis Grabban in his sights, but plenty of other sports pages say Eddie Howe fancies taking him back sooner rather than later.

please log in to view this image

20. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Peter Crouch could be a short term answer to our immediate scoring problems