1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The rumour mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2015.

1. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

<monster>. Found any more spiders yet?

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Mmmm, keeping your cards close to your chest, not betraying your sources.
    I like that, very trustworthy. <ok>

3. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I am being cautious in case it winds up being rubbish. He would be a good signing though.

4. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

**** off. Im in the snooker club. Trying to forget about them....i have to venture back soon. But have been informed that i may not die from a bite. Thats ok then

QWOP and Billy Death like this.
  5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

He certainly would, just what we need imo.
    Any whispers of Norman Stanley heading the other way?

6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

move for Arsenal's Carl Jenkinson is a statement of intent
    Not in my opinion
    This is the type of player we should be looking at.
    Never mind statement of intent. <bubbly>

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Telegrapth claiming Coates will cost us 4 million. much better than the 6m that has been bandied. If true looks like Coates will be in soon as Pool are moving for his replacement, Some young lad from Carlton called Gomez.

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Liverpool are expected to move for Charlton defender Joe Gomez, which could hasten Sebastian Coates’ switch to Sunderland.

As the Echo revealed last month, Sunderland are keen to sign Coates on a permanent deal after the successful conclusion to the Uruguayan’s loan stint at the end of last season.

There seems to be little prospect of Coates remaining at Anfield after he has made just six Premier League starts since joining Liverpool in a £7m deal four years ago.
    Coates’ performances during the final six games were a key factor behind Sunderland beating the drop and persuaded the Black Cats to push ahead with a move to keep the 24-year-old at the Stadium of Light.

Liverpool are prepared to offload Coates with only 12 months remaining on his contract at Anfield, with suggestions today that a deal could be struck with Sunderland around the £4million mark.

And Liverpool’s readiness to part company with Coates will only be increased if they make a move for Gomez, with a formal bid expected to be submitted this week.

Highly-rated Gomez, 18, is expected to leave Championship Charlton this summer and Liverpool are reported to be preparing a £3.5m offer.

But there seems to be little prospect of Coates remaining at Anfield after he has made just six Premier League starts since joining Liverpool in a £7m deal four years ago.

Coates, currently with the Uruguay squad at the Copa America, would need to accept a wage cut to return to Sunderland after Liverpool continued to pay a proportion of his salary during last season’s loan.

But the centre-half is open to returning to Wearside after the stark turnaround in his contribution during the run-in.

“Yes, it’s something I’d consider if it became a possibility,” he told the Echo last month.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

http://www.givemesport.com/587725-s...senal-star-carl-jenkinson-roundup?autoplay=on

Re jenkinson

So we'd have Lee Cattermole - booked for what is deemed a two footed tackle when he simply stands on the pitch - and Carl Jenkinson - who reached 10 yellows quicker than Catts last season? Guess Discipline isn't what we need!

FWIW Jenkinson is OK - not bad not great - and a £2m loan fee is a lot for a season IMO - when you think that we're looking at Coates for £4m permanent! We'll see eh?

10. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Hey mate hope your eye is recovering well, regarding the above is it just me that feels we are the only club in the BPL that plays bingo blind and deaf? Ffs pull a leg out fellas...

11. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Just thought I would post this cause I like it
    <bubbly>

12. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Apparently there's talk of him extending his contract within the next couple of weeks, not sure but there's been a lot of talk about him joining southampton too.

13. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Everton poised to sign Deulefeu from Barca for £2.2m - bargain. If they sign him unopposed for that fee, that is crazy.

I know it has nowt to do with you lot, but my point is, value for money is out there.

14. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Perhaps our first signings should be the Everton scouts.

I don`t reckon a great lot to ours tbh.

15. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Story today saying they've accepted a bid from us worth up to £6m for him

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/16/could...the-perfect-transfer-for-sunderland-5245779/?

Only the Metro and I know smoke doesn't always = fire!

There is news that us, Arsenal, West Ham and Newcastle are interested - pointless him going to Arsenal as he won't get a game for 2 seasons and will be farmed out (at least in footballing terms) he should get match time here although this may limit Duncan Watmore's progress?

Who knows!!

16. Josh-LUFC

I would say you'd get him for around 6m, can't imagine we'd be looking for much more

17. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Know very little about him TBH mate - only what I've read in the papers so your views would be more value to me! Someone who has actually seen the lad play regularly! If it's £6m I very much doubt it'll be the up-front fee - that rely on a number of clauses I would think (england international, goals/assists etc.) but as he's only 21 he obviously has potential

18. Josh-LUFC

To be honest he had a wonderful breakthrough season where he just looked perfect in every way and kept Bale in his pocket in the cup that season but then had an injury at the start of his second season and struggled to get over it. This last season is his third in the first team, did well originally but teams started to target him defensively, couple that with his decent ability going forward and thats the main reason he was pushed up the pitch. Still been one of our better players in last couple years regardless of where he's been playing but just not sure how he'd manage defensively in the PL and not quite quick enough to be used as an RM/RW at a higher level either I would imagine.

Don't get me wrong though has a lot of potential and every close season there is talk of a us turning down offers for him.

grandpops likes this.
  19. grandpops

grandpops Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Much more useful. <ok>

20. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

"but as he's only 21 he obviously has potential" :emoticon-0112-wonde

I forgot, for a minute, about the potential that young Connor (who was 21 for most of last season) 'obviously' has <whistle>

:emoticon-0142-happy