1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The rumour mill

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by C19RK73, May 13, 2015.

1. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

I like Fer but fear there may be something going on with his attitude as he is undoubtedly talented but has never played for a team which matches his ability. He also seems to have a knack of being relegated which is never a good thing. He is Dutch though so maybe a link with Advocaat and he may be the manager to sort him out.

A couple of players who I've thought about are Kalou and Nani. Not sure what either are doing at the moment but would surely add quality with premiership experience if there was any chance of either.

We need that man who can make something out of nothing and get the fans on the edge of there seats. Johnson has that but who knows what is happening there and he doesn't do it as often as he should (no pun intended)

I'm excited at what Dick may be able to bring from Holland as they always have a knack of producing technically gifted flair players something we haven't seen since sess left. Even though he hasn't exactly set the world alight since he left.

I would imagine we will be able to guess a couple of our summer transfers but there will also be a couple of surprises.

2. RedNWhite4Life

RedNWhite4Life Well-Known Member

One guy I've totally forgotten about in all this is Giaccherini. We've seen glimpses but need to see a solid 10 - 15 games from him to make a proper judgement.

3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Giacc is the best player we have. Shame about his injuries. A real classy player.

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh class player hope gets it back after injuries <bubbly>

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

SUNDERLAND DRAW UP TRANSFER LIST INCLUDING CELTIC ACE VAN DIJK, CHELSEA YOUNG GUN BAMFORD
    Submitted by Andrew Slevison a day ago
    Share on emailShare on print

please log in to view this image

Sunderland have prepared a summer wish-list as they look to rebuild under Dick Advocaat.

The Dutchman performed a U-turn on his initial decision to walk away from the Stadium of Light when he signed a one-year deal to return as manager on Thursday.

According to the Daily Mirror, the Black Cats have given Advocaat £25million to spend this off-season while identifying the players they want on Wearside.

Celtic defender Virgil van Dijk is at the top of the list along with Chelseastriker Patrick Bamford who was the Championship Player of the Year last season while on loan at Middlesbrough.

Also on the Mackem’s hit-list is talented Manchester City midfielder Seko Fofana who is available on loan, Leeds United right-back Sam Byram andLiverpool defender Sebastian Coates who spent last term on loan with the Black Cats.

6. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

It has been mentioned today on both Radio 5 & Talkshite that we are after Huntelaar.
    Interesting.

7. Brian Storm

It would be a no from me. Doesn't fit criteria. We have one ageing striker on the books already. Hopefully it's just lazy journos putting an obvious link together.

8. Sam_Fring

Sam_Fring Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense in a 433 BUT...
    great player and we couldn't possibly be disappointed if he came!

9. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

SOUTHAMPTON, SUNDERLAND EYEING SOUTH KOREA DEFENDER KIM YOUNG-GWON
    Submitted by Tribal Football Staff 11 hours ago

Share on emailShare on print

South Korea defender Kim Young-gwon is being linked with a move to the Premier League.

The Daily Star Sunday says the centre-back, who Marcello Lippi once recommended to Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, is out of contract in December with Chinese Super League champions GuangzhouEvergrande.

And Kim, 25, is available for around £750,000 which has alertedSouthampton, Sunderland, Swansea and Celtic.

Former Italy coach Lippi was in charge of Guangzhou when he told ex-United boss Fergie about Kim. In an interview, Lippi later revealed: "I spoke with Ferguson about him. He could definitely play forManchester United."

10. Tickler

Tickler Well-Known Member

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/08/report-sunderland-want-bayer-leverkusens-giulio-donati/?
    (One of the worst sources available but taken from an Italian website TuttoMercarto which is a bit more trustworthy imo)

Sunderland are interested in signing Giulio Donati from Bayer Leverkusen in the summer transfer window, according to Tutto Mercato Web.

It has been reported by the Italian news outlet that the Premier League outfit are among a host of clubs looking to secure the services of the 25-year-old Italian defender.

Italian trio of Fiorentina, Genoa and Napoli are claimed to be keen on Donati, whose contract with Bundesliga side Bayer runs until June 2017, according to Transfermarkt.co.uk.

The right-back joined the German club in the summer of 2013, but he has struggled to play regularly and could be on his way out in the coming weeks.

The former Inter Milan prospect featured in 24 Bundesliga games in the 2013-14 season and played just eight times in the league in the recently concluded 2014-15 campaign.

Sunderland are looking for defensively reinforcements this summer in order to have a better campaign in the Premier League next season.

The Black Cats narrowly avoided relegation to the Championship, and they will be keen on faring better in the 2015-16 campaign.

Just checking but he has only played 16 times this year for Leverkusen, 5 of which being Champions League
    25 year old and played 124 games...55 of which where in Serie B
    Moved to Leverkusen two years ago for £2.6m, in 2 seasons has played 31 games for them in the league...

Would rather have Celutska back now that hes on a free

11. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Podolski any1? He wouldn't come but would love him here

ADVERTISEMENT

please log in to view this image

8 June 2015Last updated at 16:19 GMT

Lukas Podolski: Arsenal forward open to Gunners stay
    Lukas Podolski believes he still has a future at Arsenal after a disappointing loan spell at Inter Milan.

The Germany forward has fallen out of favour at Emirates Stadium and spent the second half of the season at the Serie A club, scoring one goal in 17 games.

Podolski, 30, has one year left on his Gunners deal and says he would be happy to stay at the London club next season.

"They are a great club and I think I can help them," he said.

"Things can always change, but if needs be I will remain at Arsenal next season."

Podolski joined Arsenal from Bundesliga side Cologne in 2012 and scored 11 Premier League goals in his first season in England.

However, he failed to find the net in seven league matches in 2014-15, before moving to Inter in January.

"You can take experience from everywhere you play abroad, even if it was not my best year from a sporting perspective," added Podolski.

"But I still have many years ahead of me and a burning desire to play football.

12. Tickler

Personally would love Podolski on loan for a season

Him on the left side of a front three with Defoe and someone else could be devastating

Might help bring Wickham on too

13. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

For sure mate! Would love to see it:emoticon-0148-yes: On a side note that pic of ki looks like he shat himself <laugh>

14. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

The Guardian's round-up:

Chelsea are also prepared to sell Patrick Bamford, who enjoyed a successful loan spell at Middlesbrough last season. £10m is the asking price and both Sunderland and Newcastle are reported to be interested in securing the England U-21 international’s scrawl. Sunderland are also hoping to tempt Celtic to part with centre-back Virgil van Djik and have attached striker Steven Fletcher to a big hook which they’re dangling over Celtic Park as bait. With Aston Villa and Southampton also interested in the Dutchman, Sunderland are hoping the offer of cash plus a goal-shy striker who runs around a lot will appeal to the Scottish champions.

I may have missed it but I haven't seen much discussion of Bamford on the forum. He was quality for Boro last season - that could be a good capture, whilst having the added bonus of annoying both Newcastle and Middlesbrough. If I could be bothered I'd put the slightly amusing if annacurate quote about Fletcher on the Fletcher discussion thread. Inaccurate in the sense that they missed out the word "occasionally" from "who runs around alot", but it is the Guardian so I'm taking that as a typo.

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Going back to what @Funky Dick was saying, players in Europe earn **** all by comparison. The average wage in the Bundesliga is 10,000 Euro per week, imagine if you take Bayern and Dortmund out of that equation that figure would probably drop again significantly.

Ligue 1 players are paying silly tax as well, players on £10k a week would prefer to be on £8k a week in England, they're earning nowt by comparison.

Clever scouting can land you a top side if you pluck players from abroad and it guarantees the safety of your wage bill at the same time.

Value for money-wise, shopping in this country is a waste of time.

The Relic, Nostalgic and Brian Storm like this.
  16. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

17. Tickler

Would anyone have Rosicky on loan for a season?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tomas-rosicky-declares-lack-playing-5855943

Tomas Rosicky says his lack of playing time at Arsenal towards the end of the season was "not funny".

The 34-year-old played just once for the Gunners in the final two months of the season, coming as a substitute in the 0-0 draw with Sunderland in May.

He didn't start a single Premier League match in 2015 but, despite this, Arsene Wenger decided the exercise the club's option to extend Rosicky's stay at the Emirates for another year.

Although he hailed Arsenal as a "fantastic club", the Czech midfielder admitted he has been left frustrated by the situation.

"Since the moment Arsene Wenger 'used' the option in my contract, I haven't even been on the bench," he said. "I am laughing but it's not funny.

"It's frustrating but I am a professional. Even if you lose your place, you must still be prepared because the situation can change.

"I'll start the summer preparation with Arsenal and that's the whole of my plan for the time being."

Rosicky has spent nine seasons in England after joining Arsenal from Borussia Dortmund in 2006.

Depending on who we sign and whats in the kitty, he could be that creative player for a year if needs be imo

18. Brian Storm

Yes please. Only as loan though, wouldn't want to be tied to him for 2 or 3 years but next season he would improve us massively.

19. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

Joey Barton is out of contract this month. Maybe a toxic person but still a bloody good footballer who might just be grown up enough to give a good couple of seasons.

20. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Christ no. He's a horrible little scrote, we already have Cattermole to play in his position, he'd be universally disliked, he's not all that good and to top it off he's ex Newcastle.

malagamackem likes this.