1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Dec 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

A thread for those of us who wish to put the world to rights in our own differing ways, without impinging on those who wish only to enjoy the football discussions.

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I really hate Gary Lineker <ok>

3. ForestHillBilly

Up The Revolution!

4. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i cant stand those who are still moaning about brexit. it's happened (or will), we'll never know no other way, so just get on with life.

DonCorleone likes this.
  5. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Can I talk about Sue Perks on here?

6. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I hate politicians... Ready to sell us down a river to make them a little bit more £££.

I'm just counting down the days till we invoke Article 50, the sooner we're away from the corrupt undemocratic EU, full of business lobbyists and pointless bureaucrats, the better.

DonCorleone likes this.
  7. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

I disagree with posts 4 and 6.
    Put simply until such time as there was clarity what brexit looks like and how much it will cost in terms of cash and unemployment we should not invoke atricle50, and only then if it is clear and unarguable we haven't just royally fecked up.

The problem was that there was no honesty on either side in the referendum....

8. Holden Chinaski

Do you doubt your own working ability? Or the ability of loads of talented youngsters in the United Kingdom?

I for one absolutely refute the argument that we've screwed up @chippy / glory, because there are many many many countries that are not part of the European Union and function just fine, e.g. Switzerland (and they're showing no signs of joining). What I see is the EU has made all of our politicians not worth any form of substance. They're all weak, like jelly...

The EU is infected by lobbyists, who are only fighting for "big business," and have very little regard for democracy. It's really being run by the European Roundtable of Industrialists, to make them even richer off the back of the people. In principle, I agree it's good to have free trade between nations, however in practice it's very anti-democratic.

Ever get a chance, watch a documentary. Explains how business has been and will be conducted in the EU:

9. ForestHillBilly

I've noticed that The Beeb has been giving us wall to wall coverage of the tragedy unfolding in Aleppo, yet has barely mentioned the tragedy unfolding in Yemen. You have to watch the excellent C4 news to find out about it. Can't be the BBC is too skint to put a reporter there, so why this omission? Very odd.

10. Chippy / Glory

Not a lot of point debating it with you as we both no doubt believe our own positions are correct.
    But:
    If we don't trade with the single market then we are fecked. If we do trade with the single market we will still need to accept all the things the swivel eyed loons hate but have no say on future legislation.

It's alright saying we can trade without the EU but our largest and closest markets are those you want to ignore.
    #uttermadness

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016

11. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

All this superflous nonsense gets on my wick. It was a simple question to answer. In or Out? The majority voted out, so get the fook out now.
    We are the United Kingdom, for crying out loud. We will act and the rest will follow in due course. We do not need to be in a club that boasts Bulgaria, Romania et al as members.
    We do not need such huge numbers of Euro ponces in this country, and we certainly shouldn't be paying for them to live it up. Sort the wheat from the chaff, empty our prisons of foreign dross, do away with the ghastly aid budget, and reintroduce YTS schemes.
    How many UK citizens claim the dole in Eastern Europe? Less than 50.
    The EU club is finished, the people are beginning to find their voices again, and the greedy bureacrats can go fook themselves.
    I'm off for some pie.

12. Chippy / Glory

For bulgaria and romania insert wales and scotland, not forgetting Norn ireland. Not sure this uk is going going to be able to support itself when only england is worth a light.

13. Ponders Revisited

Bulgarians and Romanians are not our problem, though. They are two bob nations that are only too happy to pass their trash on to us, and still our government continues to lavish money on the bums who wander in with their dirty hands outstretched.
    You don't know me too well, Chip, for if you did, you would know only too well that England is all important to me. The Welsh, Scottish and Irish can go it alone for all I care.

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Errrrr, what are you trying to say about Scotland?

15. Ponders Revisited

Chippy is equating Scotland to Bulgaria. <laugh>

16. Chippy / Glory

So your view is based purely on short sighted xenophobia of the worst kind then? I guessed as much.
    Forget the bigger picture been that more harm will be created by leaving than staying.

17. Chippy / Glory

On second thoughts i think i gave scotland too much credit.
    Let them go independent, rebuild the wall snd get the feckers deported.

18. Ponders Revisited

Xenophobe. Racist. Bigot. Nazi. I've had them all levelled at me, yet I prefer to think of myself as a realist.
    I say what I feel and think, for anything else would be worthless. The world is in such an awful state because people just can't be honest with each other, but I can honestly say I despise anyone who abuses the hospitality of this great nation, and I equally despise any Brit who abuses the hospitality abroad.
    I don't want to see British culture eroded any further, yet membership of the EU is doing just that on a daily basis. To suggest the EU has brought a wealth of wonder to our country is utter folly.

19. Holden Chinaski

Xenophobia does not enter into my argument. When did you last vote for any of the following:
    - Donald Tusk
    - Jean-Claude Juncker
    - Martin Schulz

Actually, when did we ever have a free democratic vote, by the people, for any leader of the European Union? Never, yet we have all these people representing us as a collective. They never have to face a vote and if you don't like them or what they stand for, there's absolutely no way in getting rid of them.

Are people willing to sell their liberty and democracy, for the benefit of a business?

I'd argue where the loyalties of these leaders lie because it's certainly not with the citizens of Europe. They've ****ed up the citizens Greece, Italy, Spain. Even Merkel, the biggest EU advocate has the lowest ratings of any German Chancellor, which includes Adolf Hitler, so that speaks volumes.

I'd also parlay and debate with you @chippy / glory, I'm not ignorant or a complete arse.

Ponders Revisited likes this.
  20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It was originally aimed at chippy. We must have commented at the same time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.