1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Oh deary me. Please read thoroughly Ellers. You may have a degree but lack any form of ability to debate, answer genuine questions, question motives, question sources and just like a politician, you answer questions with another question on a totally different topic. Oh why would I knock your education, I also have a degree. I questioned whether you really had gone to university as sarcasm to your lack of reading, understanding and most importantly answering posts.

2. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

I guess you ran out of things to blind us with your education!

3. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

I can't be arsed to rejoin this debate. You can't debate with children, trolls or believers. But I'm curious about which university awards an A in History. Every uni in the UK that I'm aware of awards degrees as Firsts, 2:1s, 2:2s or Thirds. Not that I can claim to know about every uni in the land and certainly not about those based abroad.

Deleted....... likes this.
  4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You talk about my bizarre mentality? You may be correct! After trying to debate with people like you it does seem to become childish because you take the logic out of the argument. It becomes very absurd. I make a point or post something and you automatically do not accept it or when the evidence is there 'do not accept it'. You reply to my post when you don't really understand the content. As I have said there are 2-3 of you who just stick together and will always go against the facts that are right in front of you. or misinterpret my post due to lack of knowledge or understanding.

Here is a good example:
    Today I posted
    https://news.sky.com/story/pound-climbs-to-highest-level-since-brexit-vote-11334489
    Stick that up your Umunna
    Referring to Chuka Umunna's comments on Brexit and the economy.

You reply with:
    Firstly You obviously didn't understand my post. Secondly, why did you respond with that answer?

I then thought I would clarify:
    That's the point. Where is that wall!
    and
    It was only the project fear mongers and some stupid people that made that made the pound drop anyway. We were told that the economy would go into a recession. We were told the pound would take years to recover (if it ever did). Just goes to show that this country is more resilient than given credit for.
    Funnily all the '
    remoaners' never seem to welcome this good news, I wonder why?

So my posts were aimed at the 'Remoaners' like Chuka and co who said the economy would go into recession straight after the vote to leave.
    Are you still following?

You replied with:
    and
    Once again I was not talking about leaving in 2019. It was comments he made before the referendum i was talking about. I then answered what I thought you were trying to say.

Thanks okay then because I thought all the financial services were going to Frankfurt and Paris? <laugh> they better hurry up less than a year to move every thing. I may be getting mixed up because I was told there would be an instant recession after the vote, mass unemployment, companies leaving or going bust? No growth in exports? Markets crashing....you get the point. I guess then in 2019 doomsday will happen according to you. I will save your post and bring up at a later date.

Then you did your usual and started a post knocking me
    This is the reason I become childish and the reason why posters like you and Durbar fail.

5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<doh> You see! undergrads are normally marked with Firsts 2.1 blah blah (and yes I received a First) post grads normally get marked A B C and guess what? :1980_boogie_down:
    Some use Merit/Pass as well

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. durbar2003

Dont bring me into this because I passed my 11plus <cheers>

kiwiqpr and ELLERS like this.
  7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It was never me who brought education into this debate. Until recently I had never mentioned a degree. It was only started by some muppet who started knocking my education. I did not like the remarks and stood up to him. Sadly they seem to be avoiding the political debating and discussing my education.

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

9. durbar2003

I think they're discussing your education because you sound like your didn't pass the11plus

ELLERS likes this.
  10. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

What's 11plus? I don't mind, people can think what they want. On here, my grammar is not perfect and I use terms that I would not normally use. I adapt well. Half the time I use my small screen and have trouble seeing sometimes. (I will probably get knocked for my eyes next). However, in my work life, I have high standards and work with people who trust me implicitly to do a good job at high level. So being abused by a couple of cyber bullies goes over my head, until they get personal. I come on here to relax normally.

11. Woodyhoopleson

Woodyhoopleson Well-Known Member

Come on you pair of university muppets, we were having some really good debate on here last week, we didn't agree with each other, but it wouldn't have been debate if we did. Accept your differences.

Durbar, what feeling do you get over the pond about Trump in terms of his internal battles? Witchunt?

ELLERS likes this.
  12. Woodyhoopleson

Sometimes you need to listen to Jimi, then things just improve.

Sooperhoop and Steelmonkey like this.
  13. durbar2003

Witchhunt, absolutely, however the guy is a complete loon and I would be surprised if he sees out his 4 year term.

14. Woodyhoopleson

Bumped off?

15. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

We had a vote and the clueless voted for clueless ... no way any Brexiteer knew what they were voting for plus they will all need to accept what they get ... Since then all the comments on here are guesswork and factoids are made up on the spot .

In the end we are all mice not men and historical facts are being airbrushed out so what you end up with will be what it is already betting you will accept that as if it was a victory

Make no mistake there are millions of people in this country still very upset at this
    If you take the only figures we have at 48% it isn’t any wonder why these rallies are sparking up. The Brexiteer answer is to shout we won we won ... expect a backlash if this continues to go ****e

The 52% should be ****ting themselves imo afterall it their fault ... still heard nothing from anyone to change my mind

If the final deal is ****e then any fool can see that in the event of a any vote it will swing back to a position when it won’t be as close

The vote is accepted by me but if it costs me money and time then any Brexiteer will held accountable and should be made to pay for the short fall

It has been a total disaster by the British government who are eager currently to take the spotlight off the Brexit issue by inventing fake news about Talcum powder being toxic

We need a civil war

bobmid likes this.
  16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree Woody. However, for some time I have found this thread going off on a tangent. It has not been the same since we hear less balanced debate from Goldie and Sb. It has become like the wild west of threads. I am as guilty as others. I say things which I have later apologized for and I get annoyed if I feel people get too personal. I come on Not606 to talk Rangers (although under Hollow these threads have kept the board active). Like others have said before, I think it is time to take a break from the Politics thread and continue with the football ones. :emoticon-0148-yes:

bobmid likes this.
  17. Woodyhoopleson

This has been my go-to thread. I didn't even look at the Preston match thread. If I only pay attention to rangers when we win, I feel pretty good.

I think our talk about the Skripal case, Syria and Russia has been great. I apologise for the couple of times I've had a dig at you, but I reckon you can take it.

I admit, I am news obsessed of late, so much going on and of such potential magnitude. I've been making plans about what to do with family, should it all kick of, and I don't think that's an over reaction. I am continually and increasingly baffled by the world around us.

It's why I asked Durbar about Trump. The heat seems to be turning hotter on him and I wonder where that's leading.

Interesting times.

ELLERS and bobmid like this.
  18. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Another post of consummate bollox...

Staines R's, rangercol and ELLERS like this.
  19. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Fail at getting an answer to any questions posed yes. Listen everyone has different opinions, that's life, you obviously feel a tad annoyed that in your opinion your words are taken out of context and then you feel attacked. Remind you of anything? Quite ironic in my opinion.

20. durbar2003

I was thinking impeached but bumped off, maybe.