Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. West WindsR

West WindsR Well-Known Member

What does “this week’s orange” mean? Google suggested nothing.

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

3. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

4. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

When did I say it was BLM ? I’m yet to understand why people have such objections to a British born sportsman who has achieved more than any other in his field a knighthood when others don’t meet such anger. I’ve shown and you confirmed the living abroad and not paying U.K tax on all their earnings is an attempt to mislead, I’ve demonstrated that it can’t be that others have been active in social issues, so it can’t be that unless you consider anti racism, which I can’t believe, is a bad thing so what is it and why all this deception. It seems very odd.

Time will tell on Farage if he was a force for good or not, just because you think so doesn’t make it so. there have been a lot of influential politicians over the years who you’d never consider for honours, and remember this man was successfully sued for defamation against a group called hope not hate!!

5. Willhoops

According to Ellers. Anyone who shows any interest in social and societal issues doesn’t really care and just jumps on the latest bandwagon, a good example of this would be Major Tom and the NHS. As helping and appreciating the NHS was the new orange.

6. West WindsR

Oh. Weird phrase still.

The government could try not doing **** things to create bandwagons to jump onto.

7. West WindsR

The fish king has spoken.

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Oh my god our resident activist is on a yoghurt knitting exercise. Stop talking utter tosh.
    Many people have been knighted for doing nothing, in fact I noticed you avoided the failures of Oliver Robbins and his collusion’s with EU officials? Funny that? You are also against Nigel Farage receiving one. Who by the way is probably the most influential political figure in this country in the last 20 years. You say they are many influential figures over the years that haven’t received one... name one that has been more influential than him?
    You are also trying to turn this debate in to something to do with race which it nothing to do with. Throw in two white names and if they are hypocritical has Hamilton then I will say the same.
    Silly lefty.

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I did mention this yesterday. Tory MP’s are getting P’d with The EU behaviour. Don’t worry Watford this little island will be okay.

10. West WindsR

Cameron seems like the obvious one. Corbyn too. Neither positive influences in the end but influences nonetheless. Probably Blair too within that arbitrary timeframe.

Don’t go full UKIP moron ffs.

11. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Brexit is done Ellers, get over it, we have a divorce...stop worrying about what the ex-wife is doing and get on with your/our own life.

Today is a bright new Brexitty day, you are right our little sovereign island will be OK. Just ignore the noisy neighbour and do get on with it, just like we were told too, and we were told everything is back in our power...so lets just move on

peter1954qpr and bobmid like this.
  12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Corbyn! That anti-Semitic muppet who calls terrorists ‘Brothers’? I don’t think so.
    Blair! That war criminal who stitched up our troops by sending them into an unnecessary war ill equipped. Then lied about it after? I don’t think so.
    Cameron is the best of the 3 but what did he do? Went over to the EU for a simple request, came back cap in hand, ( I bet they are kicking themselves now). called a referendum supported the losing side then quit? Not yet but maybe in the future.
    Like him or not you won’t find a more influential political figure in the last 20 years.
    They did this on LBC where many well known political bods discussed this. They all said it was Farage.

13. West WindsR

Oh well if they discussed it on LBC I take it all back and defer to the gammonati.

bobmid and Willhoops like this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sorry Beth I am replying to a post on the politics thread. Is it now a crime to discuss Brexit on here?

15. West WindsR

You’ve spent most of this year telling people who dare point out the negative consequences to “move on”.

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It was actually an interesting show. They mentioned some of your suggestions but they seemed a bit toxic with the public. Farage is like Marmite. He does have a few good points. I doubt I would ever vote for a party of his though.

17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I did. Move on from the old arguments of leave/remain. I think you will find that my posts have been of recent events (border tw2ts). Besides I was replying to a post of yours which was also current I don’t see why Beth needed to post what she did? Strange.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

19. Willhoops

personal insults tut tut, please explain where I have made it about race? I just wonder what the objections are to Hamilton you’ve already admitted that the tax thing is a deliberate attempt to mislead, ive then demonstrated that it can’t be his activism, as others are activists, unless you are against anti racism which I can’t believe so what is it? And why are people lying about their reasons unless their reasons are unsavoury?

Ive said with Farage time will tell, as to whether he is a force for good or not, he has some controversial moments as I’ve demonstrated with being successfully sued for telling porkies about an anti hate group. Maybe hold back till the dust has settled? Not jump in image if they’d given one to Blair and then found out about certain war crimes.

20. Willhoops

lbc accepted source well as long as it’s in certain presenters shows

bobmid likes this.