1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Why do you care about what nige thinks

Leave

Remain

Worry about the Irish

What was on the ballot paper

Of course the Irish will be allowed unfettered access to the uk
    As far as I can tell from here the only people making Ireland a problem are the Europeans and the Irish

Unless the Europeans don't trust the Irish then check all Irish trucks at the French border
    They will have to be checked there anyway as they have travelled across the British bandit country

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  3. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Gosh Kiwi, what an ignorant post. I know you are of Irish stock but I thought you were more up to date with what's happening here than most.

What Ireland and the EU are concerned with is how Brexit will affect the island of Ireland in terms of peace and economics. Remember, there is no mandate for Brexit on the island North or South.

In terms of checking trucks, the EU are trying to maintain the integrity of the single market. Everything coming into the EU has to be checked to maintain standards. British trucks entering the EU at any point, will have to be checked. There is not a trust issue between the Irish and the EU. They trust us and we trust them. I am sure you have an idea what the EU has done for this island since 1973?? Back in 1973, we were an inward looking, relatively poor by European standards country with GDP 70% of the EU average. Now, we are an outward looking exporting country with huge foreign direct investment and GDP of 150% of the EU average.

Your previous post outlined what a no deal would do for the Irish economy. Tell us all what it would do for the British economy. Multiply the affect on us by 10 or 15 and you might be somewhere close. Our economy here is booming at the moment, last year it grew by 8% and was the fastest growing economy in the EU for the 4th or 5th year in a row. We are at full employment and a huge trade deficit of something like 60 billion euros per year. We can absorb the loss of 100K jobs over the next 10 years and have our economic growth reduce from 8% to 2% of whatever the figures suggest. How long will a no deal take the British economy to recover? I would suggest it will take something like 20 years and I see the Bank of England is suggesting the UK economy is on the brink of entering recession. That is before Brexit has even begun. At the end of the day, Boris is bluffing. The UK needs a deal more than the EU. Brexiteers will never accept that but that is the way it is. A no deal is not good for anybody but the UK will be by far the most affected.

Please post articles showing how a no deal might affect the UK economy and what a no deal might do for the union. Thanks.

bobmid, kiwiqpr, QPR Oslo and 2 others like this.
  4. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Kiwi's post was so ignorant, I didn't think it was worth responding to. It got some 'likes' though, remarkably.

QPR Oslo, DT’s Socks and finglasqpr like this.
  5. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Understood but why? Plus are you prepared to face all the consequences?
    What are the post Brexit plans to rebuild the U.K.?

Oh and half the population wants to simply remain
    Could they perhaps remain in the EU ? Simple enough as we believe the EU is doing a great job and our country is better off staying with

Always two sides to an argument our beliefs are just as simple ... we would prefer to stay in the EU based on the performance and faith of it

Not having faith in the U.K. government or the problems after we leave looks today to be correct way imo

bobmid likes this.
  6. DT’s Socks

If I was Scottish I certainly would trust the EU a lot more than I would the British
    Just look where we are today ? The old blame game is the only substance left to a Brexiteer imo

Again I say let the Brexiteers pay for of this at least. Solely responsible for killing off the U.K. for what? No one can give us a plan of any action post Brexit

7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

The whole thing since Cameron announced he’d hold a referendum has been an exercise in protecting the Tory party.

What’s the majority now? 1? Let’s bung the DUP another few quid to prop the Tories up for a few more months because that money couldn’t be spent better elsewhere.

8. DT’s Socks

All this spending announced today
    All of a sudden 2bn is found however as it was pointed out the money was being spent anyway

Still the sheep will feel a lot safer in the blue field

6,000 more police in a year is daft as daft
    9,000 will leave naturally or take security based jobs anyway. Where are the police stations to cope with any expansion? Oh we sold them off?

29,000 police force workers cut in the last few years and with more leaving the police force than every before in history!

But the message is clear the post Brexit U.K. will be safer ... good grief

9. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

So, if a Comrade Corbyn Labour government wins the next General Election, can we say that all that voted for that clown have to pay all the new taxes his administration introduce whilst the rest of us get a waiver?

Making Brexiteers responsible for paying for this is one thing, but who’s going to take responsibility for making 52% of those that voted feel that way? Who’s going to pay for turning an attractive free trade area (that we voted for) into an unelected superstate boys’ club (that we didn’t)?

10. Uber_Hoop

Let’s never bother with elections and referendums ever again. This democracy malarkey is only what it’s cracked up to be if the result is what you want.

We never complain anywhere near as loudly when political parties win GEs by a ‘landslide’ of less that 40% of the turnout.

Staines R's, rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.

11. Bwood_Ranger

We have a parliamentary democracy. Most MPs think Brexit is a stupid idea.

QPR Oslo, kiwiqpr and Stroller like this.
  12. Uber_Hoop

Most of the electorate didn’t.

13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Ah shuks What did they know

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  14. Bwood_Ranger

Impossible to say when 37% voted for it with what’s proven to be highly imperfect info. We’d vote to blow our own bollocks off if we’d been drip fed for decades that we’d be better off without them.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I just have done on the strength of that

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. Bwood_Ranger

You’ll love Stoke-on-Trent.

17. Uber_Hoop

Frankly, if I was Johnson I’d be tempted to reverse Brexit and out-French the French by being such a monumental pain in the arse at the heart of the EU that the U.K. is eventually asked to leave.

I’d end this British sense fair play and refuse to give up our waters to Spanish fishermen, return all our weights and measures to Imperial, burn French produce at Dover, return to our passports, have a British citizen queue at ports of entry, refuse to pay all the inevitable fines and more.

Blair and Cameron both said we should reform the EU from within, so let’s start by acting like spoiled, belligerent children.

bobmid and kiwiqpr like this.
  18. Uber_Hoop

Elections and referendums don’t have to take into account the IQ of the voter, otherwise I might not have had the opportunity to piss you off. :)

rangercol and kiwiqpr like this.
  19. Uber_Hoop

It doesn’t matter what they knew. Blair extended the licensing laws to keep us all happily sloshed. It’s his fault our judgement was impaired.

bobmid and kiwiqpr like this.
  20. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

...and we should tell Macron his wife is past it, and if he want to come on a state visit with someone as old as his mother, he should bring his mother

bobmid, kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.