1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Last time I went to Stamford Bridge we conceded 6 goals. I will stay at home with the fire on.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I also thought Coady looked absolutely immense in that game. With the mini (2 game) wobble and getting to the business end of the season, I wonder if it is time to give him a run in the team with Vestergaard over Faes

3. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Maresca's post match interview yesterday seemed a tad worrying... I know its all soundbites etc. but saying they are not in a good moment although true seemed really negative. Its been all too easy so far so now hopefully we will see the mettle of the man!

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully Ndidi will be starting again soon ... we've definitely missed him ...

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

As I don't get to live games I wondered what, in your opinion, is the main reason for our current inability to win matches. I'm thinking more in terms of offence rather than defence, although we are shipping too many goals lately and winning would be easier if we didn't concede. Is it :

a) the finishing that is poor
    b) the wide players not providing good chances
    c) not enough players in good positions in the box
    d) bad decision making whether to pass or shoot
    e) build up too slow
    f) anything else

6. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I think teams have worked us out. They sit deep with 10 men behind the ball and counter attack.

Taking Daka off and replacing him with Vardy was a waste of time IMO as it is just the same. Why not play them both and change the formation? Why not stick Souttar up front when we are chasing the game and chuck some high balls in? Just something different please. There is more than 1 way to win a football match.

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Points deduction on the horizon or just scare mongering? We do seem to have been very careful in the transfer market the last couple of windows.

leicesterlove likes this.
  8. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

We didn’t sign Sensi who was only going to cost £500k apparently. It seems we are treating carefully around how much we spend, I’d imagine the football league would give all teams a figure they’re allowed to spend before the spend too much.

9. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

Well a win is a win (and oh boy did we need it after 3 straight defeats), It may have been a bit dirty and scrappy but hey, who cares 3 points is all that matters!

10. BucksFox

It would be nice to get Wilf in action again. Maybe keep him back for the last 15 or 20 minutes when we usually need some fresh legs.

Lcfcfox1 and HarboroughFox like this.

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Pressure on after that result last night ... time to step up and show what we've got ...

12. BucksFox

What we've got is more wastefulness in front of goal and a defence leaking goals for fun.

jambawamba and FosseFilberto like this.
  13. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Really not looking forward today. I can't see beyond a Chelsea win and a Leeds win. So, although out of the FA Cup may not be a disaster, we'll no longer be top of the table. And from having a commanding lead, it's all a bit too tight for comfort now.

Lcfcfox1 and FosseFilberto like this.
  14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Wouldn't be Leicester City if it was ever going to be easy ...<laugh>

15. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Oh, you're not wrong! Looking at the table a couple of months ago, I thought it appeared we were comfortable for promotion. Just for once, I thought we might do it the easy way. I am an idiot <doh><laugh>

16. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Would anybody swap Mavididi for Sterling?!

17. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

From the way he played today, he may have already signed a pre-contract with you guys <laugh>

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Gave it a go and looked good going forward... but defence remains a problem and will get torn to shreds if we do make it up ...

BucksFox likes this.
  19. BucksFox

Spot on, Fosse. On the positive side KDH gave a great account of himself and Mavididi scored a wonderful goal. And we actually showed some spirit when going behind. But, as you say, the defence was a shambles. Who in their right mind could come up with a defensive formation like that? Choudhury seemed to have a roving role across midfield trying to fill the gap left by KDH playing so high. Was it any great surprise that there was a gaping great hole down our right side that Chelsea were only too pleased to exploit?

Personally I don't like KDH playing so high up the pitch. He is basically playing in the area where Mavididi wants to get one on one with his defender. He can get bypassed too easily when the opposition break which means our best midfielder is the wrong side of the ball. Wind the clock back to the first half of the season when we weren't shipping goals, and he played much deeper alongside Winks and Wilf. Between them they would break up play and then move forward as a unit to support the forwards. With our strikers struggling to put chances away we need to start concentrating on not conceding. We used to have the highest goals for and the lowest goals against, which was worth another point over the chasing pack. Now we have neither. Somehow I feel like we are going backwards instead of forwards the further we go into the season.

20. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Glass half full chaps. We are not a premier league side, we are a very good championship side. I thought some of our play was awesome. Cut through their middle several times and if we could just get that last pass away could be very dangerous. I hope we haven't found Fatawu's level as he was poor. The defence wasn't at its best but also didn't have a lot of protection from those in front and the red card was the killer. Still, we now can concentrate on the league and a top two finish.