1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Thought we played really well for the most part yesterday. Absolutely robbed by the officials. With VAR it can’t even be put down to incompetence, that was clear and utter big club bias/corruption. How we don’t get pens for the handball or assault on Iheanacho I’ll never know! There’s people serving prison sentences for lesser acts of violence! GL’s get away with anything, he also went straight through Barnes in the away game to no punishment too!! I’m sure had their goal been Vardy at the other end they’d have managed to rule it for offside too.
    It was much improved but we’re such a bad run of form and seemingly every decision against us I’m just worried where the next win is coming from. I still remember when we went from top of the championship in Jan/Feb to outside the playoffs until the win at Forest on the last day and the second half of that season under Puel I think where we barely picked up any points. Would be very Leicester to **** in CL now...

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

No need to panic, still think we’ll do it. Maddison seems to have gone right off though.

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Well folks, had my day at the KP and what a fabulous experience result aside. Very privaleged to visit the memorial garden, very solemn. Pre game I met up with the Birch who was fabulous. Had previously had my photo taken with him 45 years ago and so we had a catch-up. Very humbled to receive from him a squad signed ball. The match itself was an amazing experience. We were ground level second row in and it gives a new perspective of the speed of thought and vision these players have. Understood the booing of Mahrez but thought he was the best player on the pitch. Out of my seat when thought Vardy had scored but again when Kasper saved the pen. A great day and it won't be 10 years until I am back again

4. leicester_ed

Watching the football with someone whose good friends with Harvey Barnes. Apparently atmosphere at the club is really good but apparently Maddison and Chilwell are both utter bellends and their ‘behaviour’ around the club - however your interpret that - is absolutely diabolical.

If true, both of their performances have dipped so need to get a grip and look at themselves.

5. leicester_ed

And Choudhury too apparently

6. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

How Fuchs doesn't start ahead of Chilwell is beyond me!

7. JohnTheFox

Appalling. I really don’t think it’d be good for us to finish top 4, we aren’t good enough.

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Just shows how much we rely on Ndidi to push the team forwards. While he hasn't been playing, Maddison has played so deep that there's no support for the striker.

The Barnes/Chilwell partnership was totally ineffective last night. Far too inconsistent. And all the energy we saw against Man City just wasn't there.

No goals in 3 games now, and it looks like we need a proper replacement for Vardy in the summer window. Time and injuries are catching up with him.

9. JohnTheFox

The attitude of the team is just ****. I’ve seen much less talented teams in blue year in year out (title side aside) and for the most part, they have played with much more desire and put the work in. These players are talented but coasting. In some ways Rodgers is a good fit but in many others he’s the worst. He’s full of himself and his own ego. This is the last thing these players need right now...

10. JohnTheFox

So on the one hand, at this stage in the cup and about progression to the next round so job done and decent enough draw considering the other options. These are the kind of games that can be tough and need grinding out and as a stand alone game no concerns.
    However on the back of weeks/months of lacklustre performances, it’d have been good to see a more positive approach. We definitely looked better in the second half but still created very little. We are so boring and predictable right now, sidesways and backwards like crabs constantly. Rodgers needs to sort it as for nearly half the season now we’ve looked no different or better to the style that Puel was hounded out for. We are still where we are obviously from an accrual of points over that winning streak but more so now the inconsistency of others and there’s still plenty of time in the season for that to change if we don’t get our own house in order. Hopefully revenge against Villa can be the catalyst.

LeicesterWizard likes this.

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Concerning that we played practically a full strength side and scraped through.

I want to believe that they were playing at half speed, the only person that looked tired at the end was Ricardo.

Unless Vardy and Ndidi can do 90 minutes vs Villa, i don't see us picking up 3 points against them.

12. JohnTheFox

I know it’s considered a negative outlook but I agree re Villa. Everything just seems to have gone against us recently with VAR shouts (Chelsea/Villa 2nd leg and Man City) and great chances missed against Chelsea and Villa (in form GK). It just seems to have destroyed the confidence of the team as they’ve had a break recently to be fit physically so it’s got to be the mental side. We just need to end the season with some form as it can often set the tone for the following season..

13. BucksFox

It's at times like now that we need an on-field leader to keep urging the team on. Liverpool have it in Jordan Henderson and it's no coincidence that they have had a lapse since he has been out injured.

14. JohnTheFox

Bad results for us today, Chelsea and Man Utd close the gap to 2 and 5 points respectively. How does a lead like we had go like that, unbelievable...

15. BucksFox

Unbelievable? Have you not been watching us? The Villa match is now crucial.

16. JohnTheFox

Watched every game, that’s what I mean, performances, results, the whole last few months, unbelievable that we could just turn like we have. Need to show some bottle tomorrow

17. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Forget the performance tomorrow night. 3 POINTS ARE A MUST!!!

18. BucksFox

We very much need 3 points. Effort and desire will do for me. Hopefully Maddison won't be playing the holding midfield role again! Need him further up the field.

19. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Keep the faith boys. If Vardy and Ndidi are back we will rip them apart. I hope

20. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

I need a 2-1 if only to keep touch with Barwell in the prediction league, following a couple of weeks of piss-poor results. <laugh>
    If we lose, I can almost hear their fans singing 'Down with the Villa, you're going...' :emoticon-0159-music
    And we can't even sing it as it makes no sense tonight! <laugh>