1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

All my twitter feed is full of is wags taking pops at Rebekah Vardy ffs no one cares. Especially when its coming from money grabbing fame whores like Danielle Lloyd. But even Emile Heskey’s wife has had a pop now

Im pretty sure Heskey is employed by the club in some sort or ambassador role so depending on how far this goes it could get messy between him and Vardy if Heskey is close to the players

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Madders must have got the ****s from slabhead <laugh>

3. Proud Fox

Wow. Some ridiculous saves from Kasper

nzfoxfan likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Maddison in a bit of bother .... tried bluffing with a straight against a full house <whistle>

5. LeicesterWizard

People seem to think he had left the squad with injury <doh>

Hes probably better but in no condition to fly at the time.

Should have kept his head down though, chalk it up to inexperience.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Sums it up really. He’s done nothing wrong as being fit to play an international match and travelling is completely different to playing a game of cards. However knowing what the media are like he could have stayed in

7. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Sounds like a non starter and did nothing wrong but, like stated above, he’ll learn not to put himself in that position.

8. Proud Fox

Maddison was stupid to do it but did nothing wrong.

9. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

10. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Heskey has a biography out, if anyone has read it would they mind telling us if its any good. I would have to get it via ebay or online some other way so would like to know if its a good read first. Thanks.

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He will be coming to the fan store on Tuesday so keep an eye out on the official website as there might be signed copies on there https://www.lcfc.com/news/1453928/heskey-book-signing-get-your-copy-signed-on-filbert-way

12. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

13. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Is anyone else getting really pissed off with the darling of the press, Mr Klopp? The press love his smile and his laugh and completely turn a blind eye to what an utter ****er he really is. Singling out Hamza the way he did, and now spouting off about VAR when his best player handled the ball. Yesterday was the first time in my whole life that I have wanted Man U to win a football match. Is it just me feeling this way?

stevefox likes this.
  14. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agree with the above other than wanting Man Utd to win. I can’t see us really troubling Liverpool and Man City so couldn’t give a damn which wins it as Pep is a moaning ****er as well. The other day he made a point of saying he won’t complain about their fixtures being closer at Xmas than Liverpool’s. Don’t even say anything then snide twat!
    For me, we have a real opportunity to finish above some of the others including Man Utd so any points they drop to either Liverpool and Man City or clubs we really shouldn’t be worrying about at the other end (their defeat to Newcastle) are welcome to me

15. Proud Fox

The Childrens intensive care unit at the LRI is being renamed to “The Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Children’s Intensive Care Unit”

Great tribute

People outside of Leicester wont every understand just how much he was truely loved by all and how much he is a loss to the City of Leicester as a whole

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  16. Proud Fox

Statement from Claude Puel

AA13A103-FBDD-49B4-B588-387F044C555B.png

Class from Claude

17. Proud Fox

VAR is a complete joke

Man City’s 2nd. Sterling was offside but VAR incorrectly gave the goal to De Bruyne which meant Sterling was onside

Brighton penalty never a foul in a million years. Nothing more then a coming together that seen Keane stand on Connolly’s foot

Arsenal’s winner is a goal all day long. Cahill pushed Chambers into Miliojevic who had pushed Chambers aswell but VAR finds a foul which no one else can

Man U get 2 shambolic penalties. First James banged into Godfrey and fell over and 2nd didnt even hit his hand IMO

VAR is ruining football with these pathetic decisions. From not doing anything they basically have a child doing it now. Mike Riley needs to step down as head of PGMOL as he has well and truely ****ed over the Premier League with the complete piss poor use of VAR

18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I totally agree with Proud's assessment of those ridiculous decisions above, and the referees have to shoulder much of the blame. VAR is, as it's name tells us, an assistant referee; it is not the actual referee. The referee should rely on it for offside decisions as that is a black and white situation that technology is perfect for, just as with goalline technology. But for other incidents he should be going over to the pitchside screen and deciding if he agrees with the VAR decision. He does not have to blindly accept it.

We used to have on-pitch referees trying to become the centre of attention by interfering too much in a game. That has now shifted off pitch to the VAR official. Many of the VAR decisions are obviously not clear and obvious things missed by the referee or they wouldn't take so long to come to a decision. It's time for the referees to take back control.

19. LeicesterWizard

We have probably gained the most points from VAR decisions. Fine when they are judging offside, but need to be more clear in other aspects.

20. Proud Fox

Open letter from Top

I want to say thank you to the Leicester City family – our supporters and our community – for your love and support this weekend. You have once again shown me how much love and care is in our Football Club. It means so much to me and to my family.
    I watched the game at Southampton from Thailand at 2am and it was perfect. Not just the win and not just the score, but the whole night. Before, during and after the game, our fans were singing. Our fans behind the goal and our players on the pitch – we kept going, we did not stop. My father always taught me to fight for what is important, to keep going and he always wanted Leicester to do the same. It was the only thing he ever asked for – that we fight together and give our best until the very last minute. I was watching with so much pride in my heart.

On Sunday, my family and I paid our respects to my father and all those we lost a year ago. After, I received photographs and videos from the memorial garden in Leicester and read so many messages and tributes. It is a garden my father would have loved and I am looking forward to seeing it when I come for the Arsenal match next month. My father meant so much to so many people and I hope the garden can be a place where everyone can find some peace. Thank you so much for your respect, kindness and dignity during the anniversary weekend.

The anniversary was an important time for everyone, but our work to build on my father’s legacy will continue for a long time. He always wanted to do everything he could to make his Leicester City family better and better, and I want to follow his example. I want to share my love and care for everyone, like he always did, to make the Leicester family stronger and to bring success. Nothing comes easy, but we will keep going, continue to fight.

Our season has only just started and we have a long way to go, so we will fight together until the very last minute. I am sure he is still watching us, so let’s make him proud together.