1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by FedLadSonOfAnfield, Oct 8, 2017.

?

Do you want this takeover

1. Hell yes

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Hell no

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. Umm maybe

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Simple but maybe not so simple question really

We're being linked with a new owner and the current one has valued us at an incredible £1billion

Would you welcome Amanda Staveley and PCP Capital Partners' apparent / possible takeover of the club ??

2. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

She was invited to the game by Newcastle apparently and not FSG, Mike Ashley's looking for a buyer FSG aren't.
    According to the 'richlist' she's only worth £150m so she'd only be the 'broker' for a client in any deal.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  3. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

My problem with FSG is that they are ****ing clueless with anything related to football.

We are the only top 6 club that consistently miss out on our managers transfer targets. It's no wonder we never challenge for the big stuff because our managers always get ****ed over by them.

4. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Smart time to sell. TV deal currently is overpriced. I doubt clubs will be making as much relatively speaking in 5 years... Could be wrong but I suspect we're in a little bit of a bubble. Don't think prices will crash but think they may have plateaued.

Several other smaller leagues elsewhere in world strengthening rapidly, this will make European leagues a little less attractive over seas. FSG are good business men and might jump whilst time is right... Or they may continue.

Seen too many false sale predictions over the years to really put too much care into it. If a solid sell lead comes into focus I'll pay more attention.

A rich Arab sugar daddy who can get around FFP and pump us with money like PSG or Man City wouldn't be totally bad. Not a sexy way to win titles, but it would still be winning titles again.

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

I would say that Liverpool need a stinkly reach owner to compete in hostile environment.If FSG fits the bill is another question.We have Manchester city and united,Chelsea Arsenal and Tottenham to compete with.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

You guys know by now to simply ignore all his comments when he is on late at night and bored/drunk?

Just pretend he never wrote a thing and tslk to whoever else is on.

As for takeover..... I believe that a hack wrote this takeover bit entirely based on her picture being taknen at last Sunday's game. I think the fact that the internet buzz about it was not even a day and no daily pushed it meant that the Sunday mirror just used it as filler piece. It was a week old place holder that didn't get pushed off the slot it was in due to the internationals being dull as pish.

7. Page_Moss_Kopite

They just can't get the dynamics right, the components might be their but the people to put it all together in the right order ain't.
    No doubt John Henry and the boys were at Fenway Park yesterday cheering on the Red Sox against Houston Astros in the World Series playoffs.
    If he wants us to be in a position where they can cheer us on to victory they themselves need to make it happen.

And we wore red socks first.<grr>

jenners04 likes this.
  8. Milk not bear jizz

Actually, I think we wore white socks until sometime in the 60's.

And our first four years of existing we wore blue shirts and Everton wore red. <laugh>

Bumps likes this.
  9. saintKlopp

Fairly sure we wore red socks in the early 20thC.
    They were white when I was young.

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  10. saintKlopp

If we change our name to Liverpool RedSox we might fool him into taking an interest.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Before they were founded.:emoticon-0165-muscl

please log in to view this image

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Liverpool/Liverpool.htm

<whistle>

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

Yeah, it was Shanks that chose the all red kit, I remember the white shorts and socks.<wah>

Bumps and saintKlopp like this.
  13. Milk not bear jizz

Bumps and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  14. saintKlopp

Lash yourself with a wet sock for penance.

15. Milk not bear jizz

Depending on why the sock is wet, I may need to pass. If MattH previously owned the sock I definitely would pass.

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'm happy with FSG. Always have concerns about a takeover, could end up with another H&G!

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Another disaster:laugh:.

18. saintKlopp

Just in case my legit answer to this thread became lost: No to a sugar-daddy from me.
    I want us to win trophies, but not that way.

Zanjinho likes this.
  19. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Piece today.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spor...s/fsg-how-much-liverpools-owners-13739148.amp

Basically sums up my view....FSG have done good in stabilising and growing the club as a structure or organisation.

On the field?

As I said before. 2 choices at mo. Have owners who live in clubs budget rather than throw in serious cash and hope the staff hired can find the gems or sugar daddy it.

The PL winners seems to suggest the sugar daddies are winning the battle.

So at this point it's a matter of personal opinion. Happy to go the non daddy route but accept that literally any bad decisions made by management a year will rule out titles and even good decisions might just not be enough.

Or want a rich man to come in that makes bad choices irrelevant over a period of time bevause your team will always have enough stars to compete.

I'm not criticising either view. Obviously I'd like my cake and eat it with option A winning us trophies. I just think it's going to be tough.

I'm not sure FSG can do anymore than they are doing under their current model. They certainly aren't ever going to or even can switch to huge transfer spend approach.

I don't think they've ever lied. They say they want success but have always been clear they wouldn't throw the kitchen sink in.

Does anyone else think they could do things differently but under the same live within your means model? Serious question. Other than keep changing personnel above the players.

Nozzer and luvgonzo like this.
  20. saintKlopp

I think it can be done, but it's really difficult. It would be like doing a Leicester and then staying up there with it.
    I agree that the sugar-daddies are winning the battle.
    I would obviously continue to support my club if that happened to us, but I wouldn't like it. I know this will horrify some, but I'd rather we never won anything again than win by outspending everyone else. It would seem like a hollow victory to me.
    Anyway, it's not as if we're paupers - we spend plenty as it is, we just need to spend more wisely and get it right.

DirtyFrank likes this.