1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer window

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Hudson92, Mar 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

Can't see Patterson going anywhere to "put pressure" on the number 1. He will go to play or stay here. He is young enough that he can wait for a Premier league move.

Stewart to Stoke? Again reckon his next move will be premier league or stay.

Opinion of course I have no inside knowledge etc...

2. Daz

Daz Well-Known Member

Bloke would need to have a screw loose to go to Stoke. I think he will be away mind as contract would surely have been sorted by now.

Oliver's Army and rowley like this.
  3. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

I agree. The lad currently has a busted achilles. You'd think he would have signed an extension by now.

If I was him I'd be signing what was offered. He should get back okay, but it's a bad injury and you never know. If I was his agent I'd be telling him to sign too. If he gets back next season and looks the same and keeps scoring, he'll get other offers, but waiting is pretty risky IMO.

4. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I think it would be risky by the club to give a player a new contract whilst hes deep in recovery from an achilles injury. He might not be the same player when he comes back. I think both the club and the player are happy to wait out till pre season before anyone commits.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Id love to see us sign Evan Ferguson on loan from Brighton to fill one of a few striker voids we have.
    Ive said it before and ill say it again. Sheff Utd started with Ndiaye and Jebbison against us and replaced them like for like with Sharpe and McBurnie.
    4 strikers in the same match and we had zero.
    Thats the difference from us and them and other teams that are higher than us.
    We need 4 really good strikers and so far we only have one who is sat on a physio table.

6. Jarca

Jarca Well-Known Member

But we only play 1 upfront mate. You are not going to sign 3 quality forwards who are happy to sit on the bench.

7. Teessidemackem

Thats because we have only had Simms or Stewart.
    As a team you cant just have a fixed formation, it should rotate depending on the opponent. We'll lose Diallo in the summer so that will change tactics abit, no team should have any less than 3 strikers.
    4 might be pushing it because ideally wed have 3 and a top young striker busting at the seams to get a chance so that would make 4.
    2 strikers in this league and hoping for promotion is impossible.
    The newly relegated Prem teams are just too strong. Look at the teams above us, all of them have a wide range of striker reinforcements

8. Jarca

Jarca Well-Known Member

I think we'll end up signing 2 mate

9. Teessidemackem

2 with Stewart staying would be acceptable mate

10. Scout73

Scout73 Well-Known Member

Apologies not been on for a while, been so busy with work and scouting so haven't been able to get on here for a few weeks. Appreciate the messages earlier in this thread about folk liking my reports etc. honestly means a lot to hear that as I put a lot of time into my posts/reports.

Been having a look and think about who we should be going for and @Hudson92 is spot on about Leaburn as someone we should be going for. He is very raw, his link up play isnt great and he lacks finesse at times with his passing but he has all the raw attributes you would want in a striker and his movement is getting better every time I've seen him. Jebbison would be my 1st choice though as he has huge potential, he has a bit of everything as you saw against us.

A couple names from aboard that I think we should look at:
    Mate Antunovic - Hajduk Split - has good size and works hard, seen him play in the UEFA youth league and he's a handful. They are in the semi final and he's scored in last 2 games. He scored a good goal against Man City's U19. Similar to Leaburn he needs to improve his link up play but he's a good finisher and is a nuisance.

Erik Botheim - Salernitana - shocking goal scoring record for them but I wouldn't read too much into that tho. The guy is a handful and in the right system I think he will score goals. He needs runners around him and I think he would really suit playing with Roberts and Clarke in particular.

I think we should be looking at wingers who could play upfront as well as signing 2 out of out strikers, 2 players I like:

Mateo Joseph - Leeds - this boy has so much talent. Can play upfront or on the wing, just scored a couple against our U21's. He is a England U20 international, he is quick, has lightening quick feet and works really hard. Needs to improve his hold up play when he plays through the middle but he has the ability to add this to his game. I think he would be available for a loan.

Duk - Aberdeen - I know there is a lot of interest in this lad from English clubs as well as clubs abroad. He's got good upper body strength and is a good finisher. He has the pace you would want as well, link up play isnt great and he needs to improve his movement. He wouldnt be a starter but I think he would be a great squad player as he could play several positions.

Couple other names that I have watched recently that I think we should keep an eye on:

Cher N'Dour - Benfica, big CM, good one the ball and he breaks up ball. Unsure if we will sign a CM though if Michut is made permenent but this lad is someone worth monitoring.

And final player since we love french players - Loum Tchaouna - can play upfront or on the wing. Scores for fun for the youth french teams, powerful player with big upside. Would likely be a loan though so I dont think this one is a realistic signing.

11. Dunder Mifflin

Dunder Mifflin Well-Known Member

We could do worse than looking at Langstaff from Notts County in the summer.

relatively young and has scored 39 for them this season.

12. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Love it. Get them sent off to Speakman.

Brainy Dose and Scout73 like this.
  13. Scout73

Already sent a report on the N'Dour and Tchaouna. The other names I mentioned (except for Jebbison and Leaburn) I have recommended to the team I work for so will see what they do with the information 1st lol

14. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

Ferguson has 7 goals and 3 assists in 16 games (10 starts) for Brighton this season. There is absolutely no chance they're loaning him out. He'll be their first choice striker next season if he doesn't sign for Man Utd which he's already heavily linked with.

15. Oliver's Army

I'd like to see him stay there for a season. Brighton are great to watch and if they had a 20 goal a season striker I'd be very interested to see how high they could get. It's the one area they have struggled with.

I was surprised they're weren't linked with Stewart tbf.

Flash Gordon likes this.
  16. Southern A

Southern A Well-Known Member

There is absolutely zero chance of us getting Ferguson on loan now.

He's phenomenal. Will be the next big striker in the EPL.

Scout73, Flash Gordon and Hudson92 like this.
  17. Oliver's Army

18. Hudson92

Hudson92 Well-Known Member

Not another fake in the know account :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Looks a lump for 19 like

Oliver's Army likes this.
  19. Scout73

Very good player, attacking minded fullback - he's allan johnston's son

RTB, Robertson, Jarca and 4 others like this.
  20. Oliver's Army

Class. Used to love watching Johnston when he was here. Might work in our favour.

Robertson and Scout73 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.