1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfers Mega-Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DHCanary, May 13, 2013.

1. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

@YellowLittle

You are probably right about Arsenal not being interested. They are rumoured to be maybe bringing in Julio Cesar from QPR, which makes sense given that currently they only realistically have Fabianski as backup to Szczesny. Szczesny is still prone to silly mistakes, but Wenger doesn't usually discard talented youngsters in whom he has already placed a lot of faith. Since Szczesny would definitely not be prepared to drop down to No.2 below John Ruddy, it would only happen if Szczesny is on some other big club's shopping list and wants to go. <ok>

2. tipsycanary

tipsycanary Well-Known Member

Ruddy is the one player I really dont want to see leave. I can't think of anyone, even for 10 million who would be better

3. NCFC Dorset Branch

NCFC Dorset Branch Active Member

I think the truth is that if a player wants to leave, they generally do. Even the very top clubs struggle to keep players who have decided they want to move, and I suppose the bottom line is, do you really want a player who wants to be elsewhere. We have to be realistic and accept that some of our players might want to move on, and ensure we get the best possible price for them.
    I agree that if you ranked our players in terms of saleability, Ruddy would probably be top. I don't think that means that we might not see a surprise sale or two though.

4. paul ncfc

paul ncfc New Member

10 players to be released, Jackson, Smith, Tierney, Adeyemi, Camp, Martin,c, Francomb, Ward, Sheriff and Durojaiye who has agreed to join Falkirk, good luck to them all in the future.
    That list is going to be a long one,DH.

5. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ok, I think I've got all the departures updated...<yikes>
    I've included the destinations for Tierney and Durojaiye, haven't seen any others yet, other than twitter rumours. [Do people want a twitter rumours section or stick to paper talk?]

On the topic of Benteke and Michu, I can't see Michu going anywhere: He's got a long contract, at a club that love him and have Europa league football next year. Realistically, unless he moves for money that's probably the best he could hope for, I don't see him as Champions League standard really.
    Benteke is more interesting. He was involved in 49% of Villa's goals this season (scoring or assists), they're more of a one man team than Spurs. Whilst they could progress next season, it's going to take at least two seasons before he'll get the chance of European football, and I could see a club on the continent offering him that. Dortmund are apparently interested, and he's young which is attractive too. I can't see Lambert letting him go for less than £15-20m though, and that'd go a long way to bolstering their current squad.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

7. I_Clean_holtys_boots

I_Clean_holtys_boots Active Member

Wardy is going to forest I think DH.

8. Northamptonncfc

Northamptonncfc Well-Known Member

Begovic is the keeper a lot of clubs are being linked too.

9. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, and they would appear to have already moved for Butland should that happen. I think the only big club looking for a keeper are going to potentially be Liverpool. The Reina to Barcelona rumours don't seem to be going away. I think this summer Ruddy's injury will work in our favour, he's not had the chances to impress, and I can't see many big clubs fans taking well to signing a keeper from "little old Norwich" who's been injured for half a season.

We know how good the big man is, and that's the way I'd like things to stay.

10. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

Clint Dempsey anyone?

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

no !

12. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Is Daniel Ayala still our player ?

13. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

Ruddy is class and is more than capable for playing for any club. I think as others have said we are in a sense lucky that he has been injured and out of the shop window. I genuinely believe that fully fit and playing games he is as good as any other goalkeepers in the premier league.

14. canary_max

canary_max Well-Known Member

wages would be massive!

15. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

16. danary

danary Active Member

17. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

I think you might be right there dan. Not the most inspiring rumour, but quite possibly could happen.

18. marknemo

marknemo Active Member

Surely we have to be aiming higher than players like Chris Mccann?!?!?

19. YellowLittle

YellowLittle Well-Known Member

I don't know what he's like myself. But having success already looking at players below us it's an approach I would continue with as well as looking abroad.

20. Superman wears Grant Holt pyjamas in bed

chris mccann is a cracking player and on a free would be a no-brainer. i know we tried to buy him last summer so that might be why the article thinks we are interested but i wouldn't be at all surprised if we are still tracking him. similar in many ways to bridcutt, but about £4m cheaper