1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I say Rodak starts, as I think there is still a 14 day quarantine for people arriving from France (although I've seen pictures of AA on the training ground !!!) and AA should be allowed to get settled in London and then needs time to bed into the defence during training. If by then Rodak has kept his performance up, then it will be down to Parker and the coaching staff to decide stick with Marek or put Areola into the Team.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

With the testing carried out there isn't a quarantine period for professional footballers, in fact on the FFC site AA was training with the team today. AA bought a house in London last year and is settled which is a real bonus as this can be very unsettling for new players especially from abroad.
    He will need time you would think to bond and get thing right tactically before starting games, but he does have a good background, speaks pretty good English etc.
    I wouldn't be too surprised if he started against Arsenal.
    Come what may, he is a good signing, 27 yo and we have the option to buy. It could be a lot worse.............

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  3. Super Brian McBride

2whitestripes likes this.
  4. 2whitestripes

Brilliant signing, young, experienced Dutch international, I don't think we could ask or expect more.

5. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

With the arrival of Aina, we currently have 26 players in our first team squad. So we should expect some departures, especially if we can bring in a striker and centre back as the whole fanbase is calling for (most likely candidates being Seri, Fabri, Johansen & Christie).

6. 2whitestripes

Another very good signing with Aina joining us. London born and learnt with the dark side.
    He will settle in well as already friends with Hec and Onomah.

7. 2whitestripes

Dennis Odoi and Joe Bryan have both signed contract extensions, good news and well done FFC.

8. 2whitestripes

And to add to the joy, Josh Onomah has also signed an extended contract, <applause>.

9. Super Brian McBride

Jonathan Tah - Bayer Leverkusen - CB (Interesting Arsenal, Leicester City)
    Martin Hinteregger - Eintracht Frankfurt - CB
    Harry Wilson - Liverpool - MF/ST
    Omar Alderete - FC Basel - DF/CB
    Gleison Bremer - Torino - CB
    Both the top 2 CB would do me. watched them over the years and have been impressed with what I've seen in the German League.
    Hinteregger is a no nonsense player, left footer, good tackler, scores goals and defending corners. Tah is a solid CB reminds me of Hangerland, good passing and tackler, at 6'5 he is dominant in the air, duel footed so can play either central position. Can't see us getting either for less then £15m.

10. 2whitestripes

There has been talk of Kongolo again, but how he has recovered and got back to fitness is an unknown.
    I really like the top 2 SBM, perhaps our Robert Huth we have been missing.
    £15M for a top CB is about right too.

11. Super Brian McBride

Sassuolo director Giovanni Carnevali confirms Marlon Santos is in negotiations in a move to Fulham. “We had an offer from Fulham, an important one, so we are evaluating it and the negotiations are in progress."
    Marlon Santos
    age 25
    1.82m CB
    You have to scratch your head a bit after a week where we have gone from rumours of these CB's Hinteregger, Tah & Smalling
    to
    Kongolo, Craig Dawson, Foyth, Bremer, and now Santos - all a gamble.
    it's a rollercoaster.

12. Super Brian McBride

Fulham are trying to lure Leicester City midfielder Daniel Amartey to Craven Cottage according to a report.
    Football Insider claim the Cottagers have approached the Foxes about the availability of the Ghanaian who, it is claimed, could leave the King Power for £5m.
    Amartey has struggled to feature in Brendan Rodgers' first-team plans, a problem not helped by injuries.

Why we'd want another defensive midfielder is beyond me.

13. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I believe Amartey has also played CB earlier in his career.

But honestly? We want him because our stats team like him (hence us being linked with him for over 12 months at this point).

14. 2whitestripes

He's a good player and hindered by injury last season.
    Not our solution as a CB IMO, but could cover if needed.

It looks like Marlon is or has had his medical and now awaiting a work permit, this is a good acquisition for sure, assuming it happens.

15. 2whitestripes

Reports a plenty that we are progressing with Ademola Lookman on a season-long loan deal from RB Leipzi. Medical imminent..........

16. Super Brian McBride

Tony Khan Talks Transfers Video

Tony Khan sits down with FFCtv to discuss the Club's recent business in the transfer market, and comments on potential new arrivals.

He feels great at where we're at, even though it's been difficult.
    Pleased with the 6 players bought in so far, got targets they wanted, but has had a lot of problems too.
    Looking to getting a couple more over the line soon.
    Parker talking to him more than any other coach about players. Onomah was a Scott player.
    Still talking up his Data Analysis as to getting players in.
    CB is important but have had medical issues and 1 player had Covid (Todibo ? twitter reports)
    Last minute buys are possible as players become available like eg Mitrovic.
    Competition for places is great.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  17. Super Brian McBride

Reports coming in Marlon Santos failed Medical test, but could there have been work permit issues for the UK as before when Newcastle tried to sign him. It does seem to be taking along time to process. Quotes 'FFC now considering other options to strengthen before deadline - including Gleison Bremer, Juan Foyth, Craig Dawson'. Italian media are saying it's a dispute over transfer price & payment.

With the closing of the transfer window getting closure, Fulham and TK have to be wary about signing recovering or injured players at the last minute, as we have a history of this in the past.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  18. 2whitestripes

19. 2whitestripes

It's the final day of the window today.
    Lots of rumors for CB's in the UK and EU, hopefully we will get one or two over the line by 11pm.
    We looked better drilled in defence against Wolves, I'd like to see a signing of a back line general to take command, here's hoping.

20. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Looks like there could be as many as 4 coming, if the rumours are true of course.

3 centre backs Timo Baumgartl, Joachim Andersen and Tosin Adarabioyo all having medicals, apparently. The links to Adarabioyo came earlier today and was said to be a loan, the most surprising thing is it seems to be a transfer, fee reported as £8m. That then frees up our last domestic loan for Ruben Loftus Cheek! Could be a big signing if it happens.

If we do end up signing all 3 centre backs today then surely someone has to leave? We would have 6 centre backs, plus Odoi who is also right back cover. We'll see what happens I suppose.

2whitestripes likes this.