1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Summer Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

We have now also been linked with Maitland-Niles who has been put up for sale by Arsenal..... very unlikelY as they are apparently after £30 mill but once again the kind of player I want to be after young quality

2. Cookie-6262

A lot of links with Chelsea youngster Ethan Ampadu coming to us on loan... a highly rated young defensive midfielder who can also play centre back!

Also reports of a possible return on loan of Kongolo which is a signing I would like personally.

A lot of names being thrown around but I will say again personally I only want 5 signings two of which are already at the club Reed and Anguissa... I then think we need a RB... CB (Kongolo) and a back up to Mitro!!

3. Cookie-6262

Reports of Callum Chambers for £12 Million, although our player of the season last time out that was at centre mid and I would rather a centre half come in especially with the return of Seri, Anguissa and hopefully Reed.

Reports of taking Kongolo on loan

Tony Khan spoke to Fulham TV and said we don’t need to do a lot... confirmed there is a £8 million clause in Reeds contract and he’s working on signing him. Also said he likes Seri and Anguissa, and we have no interest in signing Ryan Sessegnon on loan.

2whitestripes likes this.
  4. Cookie-6262

According to reports in Germany we have bid for attacking midfielder Jean-Paul Boetius from Mainz.

looking at the numerous links many of which won’t be true but we do appear to be after a Centre Back, Right Back, Attacking Centre Mid plus Harrisson Reed which sounds about right to me!

On top of that we are apparently one of a number of clubs who have tried to sign young Left Back Antonee Robinson from Wigan, this makes sense as he is highly rated USA international and has a £1.8 mill release clause... and Fulham always needs an American

5. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Someone put up this list of players we've Rumoured to be looking at on twitter
    There's only a few I'd be interested in, which one's stand out for you ?

Ryan Babel - ST
    Harrison Reed - Southampton - DMF/MF
    Matt Cash - Nottingham Forest - DF(RB)
    Antonee Robinson - Wigan - DF(LB)
    Ethan Ampadu - Chelsea - MF
    Jean-Paul Boëtius - Mainz - W
    Ivan Toney Peterborough - ST
    Calum Chambers Arsenal -DF/MF
    Rob Dickie - Oxford - DF
    Marco Bizot - AZ Alkmaar - GK
    Terence Kongolo - Huddersfield - DF(CB)
    Harry Arter - Bournemouth - DMF/MF
    Youssouf Sabaly - Bordeaux -DF(RB)
    Ryan Fraser - Bournemouth - W
    Chris Smalling - Manchester United -DF(CB)
    DeAndre Yedlin - Newcastle Utd - DF(RB)/MF
    Conor Gallagher - Chelsea - MF
    Mallik Wilks - Hull City - ST/MF
    Ainsley Maitland-Niles - Arsenal - DF(RB)/WB
    Christian Koffi - ACF Fiornetina - W
    Jovane Cabral - Sporting CP - ST
    Branislav Ivanovic - Zenit - RB
    Alfie Doughty Charlton - MF
    Oliver Skipp - Tottenham - DF(CB)/MF
    Ryan Sessegnon - Tottenham - DF(LB)/W

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  6. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Reed, Chambers and Fraser are the ones that stand out to me, ones that would come in and instantly improve the team. Theres a couple of maybes in there too for me, the likes of Maitland-Niles and Kongolo but prefer the others first mentioned. Chambers is very versatile as well, can cover a few different positions, and having been one of our stand outs last time in the Premier League I'd say he's a priority.

7. Super Brian McBride

For me Chambers did well but not great for us, got POTY for us in a relegation side, but is injury prone so wouldn't chance it unless fully fit.
    Let's hope we get Reed, but why it's taking so long even when Tony Khan admits there is a £8m buy out clause in his contract ( must be agents stalling and wages ).
    Kongolo is a mystery, injured for us on loan, Huddersfield fans think he is good and want him, unless he has shown he can partner Hector there might be better out there.
    Maitland-Niles I'm not convinced that we don't have better already.
    Fraser didn't impress me with his attitude on leaving Bournemouth in relegation trouble (in it for the Money?).

8. Cookie-6262

Obviously a lot will depend on out goings but I think centre back and right back are the major priorities ... I would be happy with Kongolo and take a chance in Rob Dickie of Oxford both at centre back and Matty Cash at right back!

Kongolo has pedigree, highly rated and successful youngster at Feynord, Huddersfield record signing at £17 million and was very good for Huddersfield when they stayed up, he has played at all levels for Holland and I believe he even has a few full caps... it all went wrong when Huddersfield went down and he wanted to leave but got priced out of a move, I believe £10 mill would get him and would be worth the risk!

9. Cookie-6262

A new name linked today centre midfielder Florentino Luis on loan from Benfica.

The football world seem shocked Fulham are apparently offering Antonee Robinson £50k a week to best of competition, although a lot it’s not eye watering for a premier league footballer and it’s a player thanks to Wigan’s situation and relegation that you are getting for a £1.8 Million release clause who almost went to AC Milan for £10 mill only 6 months ago

10. Cookie-6262

So looking at the rumours it appears we are after a RB, CB and AM plus Reed and if we can get Antonee Robinson for £1.8 mill that’s a bonus... so given that I’m going to review my hopes to the following....

RB ..... Matty Cash (Forest) £12 mill
    CB ...... Kongolo (Hudds) £10 mill
    DM........ Reed (South) £8mill
    AM ........ Eze (QPR). £15 mill
    LB ........ Robinson (Wigan) £1.8 mill

out
    Le Marchand
    Seri
    Johansson
    Odoi or Christie
    Bettinelli

Net Spend £35 Mill

11. Cookie-6262

A Fulham fan tweeted about reports that we turned down a £22.5 million bid for Zambo saying he hoped we kept him and Tony Khan replied personally in agreement! I know it splits fans but I really hope he stays and plays!

Babel has a year left on his contract at Galatasaray but they have reportedly told us we can have him for free as long as we loan them Seri again!

12. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Probably very unlikely to happen but would love us to get Callum Wilson from Bournemouth. When we came up last time he was one I mentioned that I'd love us to sign, before we knew Mitro was staying, I thought he'd have been a great replacement. I know we only play with one striker so difficult to get both in the team but need a strong squad with depth. I think Spurs and a few others are interested as well, so we may be a bit further down the pecking order for him, but you never know.

13. Super Brian McBride

Speculation from newspapers
    Bournemouth have put all their players up for sale. So there will be an auction to the highest bidder. Expect Wilson & King might be top price and priced out or our budget.
    On Eze, Fulham have bid, but QPR want McDonald and Johansen (I presume loan) plus a huge fee. Eze is a gamble, but we do need someone to give competition to Cairney ( for me is not fully recovered and is below his best in most games ). I also think we need a Danny Murphy type of Captain.
    Dacoure looks like he is going to be priced out. Everton & Tottenham want him.
    Kongolo seems to be out the running as Huddersfield fans say his injury is long term for this season.
    Reed situation is dragging on and you have to wonder why. Is he waiting for a better offer from another club or are Fulham waiting on another player to agree a transfer, then drop their interest in him.

14. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

Having heard that Tony Khan say we will not have many changes we will be selective and bring in only a few. Exits will be those who haven't featured for some time is my view. This leads me to what I hear of our bid for Eze, that Mawson is part of the offer which looks to follow TK's approach. It may be this deal and the possibility of Zambo coming back into the side that is holding up Reed deal. I'd like Reed back in our team, a workhorse with a brain.
    We do need another CB and if Kongolo is not an option, this needs sorting quickly.
    Lastly we need a CF as back up and to challenge Mitro, Wilson fits the bill well. An alternative to challenge Mitro needs pace to keep up with AK and our new acquisition Robinson.

15. Cookie-6262

Palace have agreed a fee for Eze £19.5 mill

We are apparently in for Ollie Watkins

Southampton named there squad numbers today on there official site and Harrison Reed is missing

Captain Morgan and 2whitestripes like this.
  16. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

As I said elsewhere, Watkins would possibly be my number 1 target for this window (apart from Harrison Reed, who I wish we'd just hurry up and sign!), Watkins would be better cover for Mitro than anyone else currently at the club and he could play out wide when Mitro isn't injured or suspended (VAR might not be Mitro's friend in that regard next season!). According to Bournmeouth fans, Callum Wilson hasn't looked good when called to play out wide, and I don't see him moving to us (as opposed to, say, Spurs or West Ham) if he doesn't expect that he's going to be a regular starter. Also, Watkins is young enough to improve whereas I suspect Wilson has hit his peak already. That's not to say that he wouldn't do a good job for us, but I think Watkins is better on all fronts (apart from not having Premier League experience already.)

17. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think Ollie Watkins would be a great signing, for exactly the reasons you've set out Captain. He could cover for Mitro when he is injured/suspended, but could also play alongside him or out in the winger slot when Mitro is available.

I also think Matty Cash would be a good signing, much as I appreciate what Odoi/Christie have done. We've struggled for consistency from our fullbacks since Fredericks/Targett left, but Cash & Robinson/Bryan would offer us great creativity and pace.

18. Cookie-6262

Reports now flowing that only have we agreed personal terms with Reed who will be announced in the next few days we have also agreed a loan with an option to buy for Mario Lemina also of Southampton.

Seri is apparently in Turkey trying to sort out a move to Galatasaray... they want to keep him but want him loan as they have no money... we want him to go but would rather sell him permanently than another loan... one way or another I think he will end up there and Babel has been mentioned as being involved.

We have been linked to Bogle of Derby for £10 million, England U20 right back who already has 200 first team appearances! Think I would rather have Cash but a decent back up option.

19. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

At least we're being linked with some decent young right backs this time, not the likes of Fosu-Mensah.

I think we can say with some certainty that 1) we want a right back, 2) we don't want Seri, 3) we do want Anguissa and 4) we want some kind of striker (Watkins, Wilson, Toney etc.)

20. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I wonder if this spells the end for StefJo? Lemina is a box-to-box type of midfielder with some attacking flair, which is essentially StefJo.

And entirely speculation, but maybe this would free up StefJo to be the makeweight in the Matty Cash deal? I love StefJo (him doubled over laughing at KMac's response to the chants at the beginning of last season was a highlight of the season), but I suspect Cash/Lemina offer more than StefJo/£10m.