1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

suarez v evra

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by JeezonTorst, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

That's not racist though, is it? Technically, Evra has moved from a foreign country to work in England. Ergo, he's an immigrant.

2. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

If true I am sure they would still have you on it, however it was dismissed because they could not get their stories straight.

3. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

As I said. Evra wasnt lying, he was mistaken in the chelsea case though.

he made no claims against finnan.

The Suarez case is yet to be concluded.

Therefore evra has NEVER lied about racism.

Unless you can prove it.

4. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

It's stupid anyway. It's not as if it's an attack on your personal character, but merely on your skin colour. I personally wouldn't be offended if I was called a 'white bastard' by a black person. I don't see it as particularly personal, same as I don't see 'you brown haired bastard' as personal.
    I know the word 'nigger' has all the slavery and white oppression connotations, but I wonder just how many people know this too? Or do they just see it as a 'bad word' without understanding why?
    To me, a physical attack is certainly far worse than a verbal one, particularly when it concerns yourself and another opponent during a football match, and we see god knows how many players lashing out over the course of a season without much made of it.

5. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

He wasn't lying but he was mistaken? Would you care to make the distinction?
    Similarly, he claimed he 'never touched anyone', when photographic evidence proved otherwise. A lie, or merely a 'mistake'?

6. terrifictraore

Oh right "mistaken" OK.

7. terrifictraore

Yep, how does it make sense that if you batter somebody the sentence is is far worse (double I think) if you racially abused them as well.

I have never understood how insults or discrimination is worse because it is based on your race. But then the yogurt knitters would say that is because i have never been the victim.

8. poolmyfinger

poolmyfinger Member

Oh, so the Black French bastard Evra has decided to become a little bitch and cry racism AGAIN. What's his next move? Ask Al Sharpton to represent him?

OH and **** all you Manyoo bastards defending that frog piece of living ****. Your left back is nothing but a whiney **** who couldn't handle the fact that he was OUTPLAYED by Suarez.

I think you'll find that most blacks that cry racist are the actual racist ones.

9. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Its very much about context.

For example, i have used the N word with friends ( all white ) and we have called each other 'n****r' but in the sense we are joking about white wannabe gangsters. You know the type.

In this case while the word itself is still offensive its causing no harm or offense as its between a small group in on the joke.

I would never go up to a black man and say 'n****r'. I would lose teeth. Most people would. Its totally different and regardless of your view on it the chances are the person you are saying it to will be offended.

If someone came up to me and said, white boy, I would ask them what the ****? I wouldnt be offended as such but would wonder why the **** he called me white boy. The **** has it got to do with anything lol.

10. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Like terrif he got racism and discrimination mixed up. Thats all. Terrif isnt lying, hes mistaken. The same applies to evra.

11. poolmyfinger

poolmyfinger Member

Send a memo to Patrice asking if he has ever heard of the story "boy who cried wolf"...

12. UIR - Kagawa Powa

2006 Steve Finnan - Evra made no accusations. It was 2 deaf fans who could lip read. They made the accusations.

Chelsea groundsman - Groundmans found to of used offensive and discriminatory language. Evra was wrong to say racism but abuse did happen. A case of evra getting the 2 mixed up. Not really lying is it.

Evras visit to him homeland aged 10 - the ****?

13. terrifictraore

What's this, still refusing to accept new things. Why is it that the others have accepted that racism is not purely about perceived racial groups but you continue to live in your own little world and not accept the change. Does autism run in your family or are you the only one?

14. terrifictraore

Yeah mixed up- the independant reported it as

"United were effectively accused by the FA of making up the allegation that Bethell said to Evra "you're just a ****ing immigrant"

so mixed up OR making it up, you decide.

15. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Mixed up.

16. terrifictraore

So what did he "mix up" ?

17. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

Was Ferguson mixed up, or just lying, when he said Skrtel was basically 'strangling' Hernandez during his goal?
    It might sound stupid, but he's accusing Skrtel of a criminal offence there, when the evidence, which he must have seen, suggests otherwise. He should be fined for defamation by the letter of the law.

18. UIR - Kagawa Powa

I think there is a difference between saying basically strangling and actually saying he was strangling.

19. terrifictraore

Are you pissed? Both still assault.

20. UIR - Kagawa Powa

Basically strangling could imply anything but strangling.

its not assault ffs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.