1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

suarez v evra

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by JeezonTorst, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

wishi - I understood what you meant and the responses you got proved your point. People can be very touchy regarding race!!

2. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

<laugh>

3. Foredeckdave

Foredeckdave Music Thread Manager

From a purely geographical standpoint the area known as GREATER BRITAIN consists of the collection of islands inclding what is presently designated as the United Kingdom and the island of Ireland. It has no political significance at all.

Perhaps more contentiously, on the race issue, we all have to accept that those of us who were born and live in the desinated geographical area of Greater Britian are all mongrel nations. Our peoples have been mixed since time began. We have all been visited by the Romans, Phoenecians, Vikings, Danes, French, etc. etc. Therefore to claim nationality as a distinct race is somewhat silly. What we actually have is distinct national cultures.

As far as I am aware, nobody who has posted on the last 30+ pages wants to condone racism. We should be all working together to remove its stain from all aspects of our lives. It's not easy and may never be achieved but if we are vigilant we can reduce it's use and effect.

4. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Irish people are not a race.

Just like

English
    Scottish
    Welsh
    French
    Germans
    Americans
    Australians

The majority of people in the above countries fall into the Caucasian race group. One of ONLY 3 actual race groups ( Caucasian, Asian, Black, everyone is a mix of these if not one of these ). When people call small populations races its just their interpretation and they are wrong.

Irish <<<< Thats your national identity.

5. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

That's all a bit informed for you UIR

6. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

LOL, JB, this started with your question about frogs and France, and it's turned into the Free Ireland campaign.<laugh>

But it's all inter-related. It's too easy these days to wave the Race Relations Act in someone's face, and like I said the argument goes deeper than skin colour.

OK, we've heard Evra's side of it, but how we know he didn't call Suarez a - pardon the expression - spic? I'm not saying he did, but I can't believe there wasn't some exchange of words.

And come to that would Suarez even know what those words mean, when his English is so poor? That's why I don't believe Evra.

7. wishiwasinliverpool

True; the Scots have a strong Viking influence for example. In Shetland they still use Norse words for their place names. They have as many Norwegian visitors as they do British. The distance between Shetland and Norway is almost exactly the same as it is between Shetland and mainland Scotland.

And going even further back we are all descended from the African nations where the human race began.

Somewhere down the line the white man rose as someone who considered himself to be better than his black counterparts. We saw this during WW II and in South Africa.

South Americans aren't techinically white-skinned, they're darker than we are. So why Suarez would racially abuse Evra makes no sense to me.

8. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

I know it doesnt seem right but most south americans are considered Caucasian.

9. Tyrannosuarez Rex

Aren't they considered Hispanic?

10. johnsonsbaby

My Dad hated the French with a passion. His sister traced our family tree and found that our ancestors were French!! You can imagine what my Dad said! But in way it was quite ironic - the French hate everyone :)

Race issues always provoke debate like this one. If you remain open minded it can be educational and productive, but as mito said, for those who are looking at this with hate to start with, won't learn anything.

11. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

This thread has long since ran its course,time for the mods to do their thing and close it(imo).

12. johnsonsbaby

13. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

Not quite right. Scientifically, there is only one race, and since that is identified as a species, race is redundant. We have the Genus of Homo, and the Species of Sapiens, and after that all other differences are either cultural or polymorphic (skin colour etc..) but since we all share the same genetics as the first Homo sapiens that came out of Africa, we don't have any distinct races (sub-species) in the species, nothing like Tigers and domestic cats anyway. Race was created to be able to categorise blacks as a lower form of life, to make the slave trade more palatable and acceptable, but it has no grounding in science, and maybe if we got rid of it, we would be in slightly less of a mess than we are now.

14. Foredeckdave

Now that's the most racially contentious post there's been on this thread <laugh>

15. Foredeckdave

So Lulu got it wrong when she sang " I'm a tiger, I'm a tiger"?

And there was me thinking sh'e got a wonderful voice for a tiger!!!!

16. moreinjuredthanowen

17. wishiwasinliverpool

I agree, let this close now, but I just quickly want to say this:

I want LFC to make their own internal investigation, because I don't trust the FA and I certainly don't trust Ferguson.

18. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

Yep <ok>

Amd if we somehow manage to cull world population by a third, ALL of our problems would be solved <ok>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.