1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SMC groundsmen gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ...., Apr 21, 2017.

1. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

I never wanted Adam Pearson to come back and still don't. I like some of the things that the Allams have done and tried to do but not everything. I was opposed to Duffen and well Bartlett was simply beyond words.

I have never hated any owner and probably never will.

The fact is that Hull City has a history of supporters turning on its owners.

Heaven forbid that supporters buy the club, we could end up with a real messy thread or two.

Tickton Tiger. and Happy Tiger like this.
  2. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I agree
    I just had a feeling that something, no matter how small, had probably happened so simply dismissing it as a complete impossibility was a bit naive that's all
    If OLM is correct then it probably refers to something online which makes more sense in hindsight
    One mans light hearted piss taking is easy to publicise as another mans abuse

3. dennisboothstash

I can't believe anyone has an axe to grind either
    I just thought it wasn't impossible that someone might have said something to them, even in pissed jest (which from experience people often don't properly understand the nuances of!) and it appears they did albeit online

4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I doubt it's in pissed jest on line. Be nice if we could see the tweets and clear it up.

5. dennisboothstash

Are you seriously suggesting people post online when they're not pissed?! :emoticon-0181-fubar

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  6. Chazz Rheinhold

Does anyone really believe he used to set the kit out the night before a game?? Really? Interesting he is saying all the senior managers knew he never did any work for Fc on a match day. How would they be able to know this.
    And surely as a part time kit man he would be wanted after a game to sort the kit out.

As described above the Second Claimant had worked for Hull FC at The Boulevard since
    1991. In 1997 one of the part time kit men left the Club. The Second Claimant was
    asked if he would like to take on the role for an extra £40 each time he did the work. It
    involved him setting out Hull FC’s kit in the changing room the night before a game. He
    had never done anything on a match day for Hull FC in the twenty years he had been
    performing this role and this was well known not only to Karen Clark but to every single
    senior manager or director of Hull FC and the Respondent throughout that time.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Ye but we're easy going piss heads. The type who use twitter, I assume you don't, seem to use it just to abuse people.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

FC like their kit well hung apparently.

9. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I'm biased. The Allams are uber ****s, they have gone to great efforts to earn that opinion of them and nothing they do will change that. My biased and honest opinion. <ok>

PLT likes this.
  10. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I think this whole kitman fiasco has been over- analysed, mainly for the purpose of personal squabbling.

It seems to me that a long-term verbal arrangement (always a problem waiting to happen) has, over time, evolved and become an arrangement of convenience and added-benefit. There was an employee and a manager involved and at least one of them is poor of judgement.

The fact there were no records kept could simply emphasise their joint impression of innocence, but it could also indicate sharp practice. The whole thing just seems daft in an organisation not famed for good employee relations. It should have been no more than a pause for thought on procedures.

The divot teams are a really major issue...

...or not. Maybe just further embarrassment to the management team.
    I could finish by saying 'you couldn't make it up', but I've been reading posts on here for a while now <whistle>

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't they have put them on gardening leave until it was clarified, instead of it being continually raked over?

Fez, Amin Yapusi and Obadiah like this.
  12. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Gentlemen's agreements only work when dealing with gentlemen.

PLT and HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) like this.
  13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

From what I see this case is that Ehab, for whatever reason, trying to find a reason to get rid of these guys. Seems to me this guy has been doing this kit job for a long time, so why now are they jumping on it, for the reason I mention above.

Most employers would have said to him, look I know you have done this for a long time, but we want you to stop as we feel this could be effecting your job with us.

But as I said, they were just looking to find a reason to sack them, which frankly is a underhand and despicable way to act.

14. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

The gentlemen's agreement ended when the groundsman signed a new contract of employment last year He agreed he needed the written consent of the SMC to work for Hull FC and should have applied for it in writing.

The Tribunal will look at his contract of employment, whether he had obtained the consent of the SMC and was it a serious breach of contract warranting dismissal. From the SMC's defence the signs are not looking good for him unfortunately. Especially if he was working for the SMC and Hull FC at the same time.

The lessons to be drawn from this are, read and keep a copy of your contract of employment and join a trade union.

MingofHarlem likes this.
  15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Or don't work for a ****.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Bang on.

17. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Some people don't have a choice. Which is why being a member of a trade union and keeping your contract of employment is essential if you want some protection from unfair dismissal.

18. HCAFC (Airlie Tiger)

HCAFC (Airlie Tiger) Well-Known Member

He wasn't working for them it was voluntary. AP has done nothing wrong, has nothing to be worried about and won't get involved in this at all, the fact you've mentioned suing him is actually laughable.

19. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Could the report on the state of the pitch the PL asked for have anything to do with it I wonder ?

20. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

That just goes to show further that they jumped on an isolated opportunity, whereby there had been a rugby game the day before a EPL game, which affected the pitch and didn't give it time to recover.