1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Slutsky In/Out?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Brucebones, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Slutsky In or Out?

1. In

98 vote(s)
    60.1%
  2. Out

65 vote(s)
    39.9%
  1. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Mazuch hasn't done enough this season to say he'll be any better than Hector.

He's started one game, v Bolton, the rest he's been on the bench or injured.

Hector's started every game this season but the witch-hunt only really started after his mare against Sunderland. His next game v Reading he was ok.

Tomori's not a centre half.

2. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

#****off

charon-the-ferryman likes this.
  3. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

I'm glad 71percent have voted for Slutsky, a thankless task for the fella already with just 10 games in. If we could keep him this season and stay up maybe then with the calibre of the man I reckon next season we could be unstoppable and hopefully the real problem at the club the Allams will have done one too. Too many changes and enforced signings that were needed to make up numbers like Kingsley and that international break at the wrong time killed the bit of momentum he had going. If I was going to bet though I would say a good one would be for him to be celebrating christmas back home at Moscow and who could blame him, you can see the fickle fans on here starting to spout off after 10 games in expecting miracles that aren't going to happen

4. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

I normally have an opinion on managers but I'm not arsed if he stays or goes as I don't believe anyone will do any better. Ehab needs to look up the word philosophy and write it down until he understands what it means.
    Then he needs to decide if slutsky is the right man to deliver it, if so give him the tools to do it. We just can't keep starting again!!!

5. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

He needs an assistant. Just listened to Chris Powell on Sky, not sure on his availability- but he'd make a great assistant.

Howden Tigress likes this.
  6. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Nothing personal, PLT, but this is a piss-poor post.

Why think about the 'Blackburn, Charlton, Blackpool route.'?
    You call them 'random kids', but are they? You think we should have brought in a 'Pearson/Bruce type': really - where has your sporting spirit gone?

We cut our own swathe.
    The kids need schooling, but they need a teacher - team selection alone makes me wonder.
    Pearson and Bruce had the right qualities for this kind of scrap. But no, get over them.
    Slutsky is out of his depth and is propped up by the senior player that some fools on here have attacked.
    Let's drop down, get rid of the moron owners, then get an up and coming young english manager. There's one currently unemployed, who has pedigree of working with a bunch of ****s and doing well. Give me Delilah I just can't take any more...

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  7. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

8. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Who could we get to be better?

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

That's the big question I don't know , , there are certain types of managers who can organise and get improvement out of average teams , sluts for me doesn't seem one of them , our defence gets worse and worse every week , would like to think weeks on the training pitch would show some form of improvement , not go backwards

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I think I'm repeating myself but I've never been impressed by him. If he was called Smith and was promoted from number 2 people would have turned on him ages ago, and I always thought that people being so impressed because he was this exotic appointment was a bit embarrassing. The fact he wanted to be here means he was either desperate or stupid. The fact he seemed surprised by our transfer policy made me seriously question his judgement.

He's ****e, but I'm not sure we can get any better. There's always a possibility that just any new face reinvigorates the players, or we could just be another **** club that appoints random foreigners and sacks then after 10 games each.

The only obvious answer is for the Allams to just **** the **** off and stop pretending there's no buyers.

djsowtz, balkan tiger and Kempton like this.

11. SydneyTiger14

I think most people were actually impressed because of his pedigree in Russia. If his name was Smith and we'd promoted him that would mean he hadn't won multiple titles in a competitive league, managed in the CL, and managed his national team.

12. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

I don't think he's a **** manager , he's just not the guy for this situation - like I say , not sure who is, I just can't see him turning this around - he seems to have no clue what his team should be . And seems to keep taking punts and hoping for the best that it wil work

13. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I see nothing special in Slutsky at all. Watched him closely again tonight before kick off when the team are warming up and he doesn't interact with anyone, the only person to speak to him for 45 mins was the Roary the mascot.. During the game he is a nervous wreck offering no direction or advice and his team selections are puzzling to say the least, we play with no method or style what so ever. We look like a bag of ****e. He looks seriously out of his depth, Phelan Mk 2.
    We are getting turned over by some very average teams and if it is allowed to continue this will end up in a relegation battle which we don't look in good enough shape to survive it.
    And worse still there are no buyers out there.

gtigerbackin hull likes this.
  14. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

People want to blame the manager, but who could have made us competitive with the cards he was dealt?

The same with Silva. Any manager needs support from above.

The manager picks the team, so it's the manager who is responsible for the results, yada yada yada...

I'm not going to call for the Allams to support Leo in January, because I know that isn't going to happen, but I do think Leonid Slutski deserves more respect.

There's an old saying 'A bad workman always blames his tools'

I believe Leonid has every right to blame the tools he's been given.

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

In both these home games the team has looked better on 70 minutes, so whatever he is doing at that point should be the team that starts the next game. IIRC we ended the game with two strikers, so maybe 4-4-2 is the way to go. We're trying to play 4-2-3-1, which is what Man City, Barca and a load of other top class teams play. Sadly, we don't have the depth or personnel to play it, so it would be better to go back to basics.

16. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

What support staff does slutski have to help him with day to day training and match tactics.we are run on the cheap and you gets what you pay for

17. Tickton Tiger.

He's got plenty of tools as did Silva.
    Silva had the team organised and hard to beat at home but he couldn't repeat it away and fluffed it when it came to the crunch. Slutsky doesn't know his best team or formation, he looks incapable of turning things round when we go behind and his team selections reek of panic. He is clueless. We are getting beat by very average run of the mill teams, in Silva's defence the opposition where a lot better then the clubs we are struggling with in the Championship.

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

Sluts had his chance to walk at the end of the transfer window - I said it then , if he felt he was shafted and not given the tools needed or that he was promised , he should have told the Allams to **** it and gone, and I think nobody would have slated him for it - by staying , he was accepting the situation and saying I can work with this , and was accepting all the possible problems he may encounter

balkan tiger likes this.
  19. Tickton Tiger.

There were plenty of tracksuits handing bottles of water out in the technical area tonight. Surely that isn't all they are employed for. Even the kit mans got an assistant these days.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  20. SydneyTiger14

That will tend to happen when he didn't get full control over signings.

Real ale tiger likes this.