1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

I've grown up in Tyneside and I can 100% confirm they are... been called a dirty mackem bastard, sad mackem bastard etc even when I was 7 year old wearing my strip on sports days.

RTG probably gets more vicious towards them because they constantly pop up only to take the piss and the mods let them get away with it.

2. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

As long as we dont get above our station.

rooch 3 likes this.
  3. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I don't inspector we will.

4. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

Me too, born and bred Whickham, never ever took a backward step though and never will.

5. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

I can see your train of thought

6. Wor Giacchi

Wor Giacchi Well-Known Member

FPP appear to be building a platform for success.. first of all by making the Scotsman fly. We just can't get carriage away while we don't fully know their train of thought.. they aren't in far enough for them not to be able to pull out and their interest could easily hit the buffers.

7. BigPete

Whitley Bay/Cramlington and same even got my nephew supporting Sunderland he will get **** but he won't be bothered as loves coming to watch the lads

Gordon Armstrong, Wash. FTM and wtdog like this.
  8. rowley

rowley Well-Known Member

This is very true by the way. And not just regarding football.

9. BigPete

The internet makes people behave strangely because all the people who are too scared to say anything in person have free reign online to say what they want with no repercussions.

There are posters who are themselves and others will know them and then you have the trolls and WUMs who hide behind "zaney" usernames. I bet a lot of them on RTG don't even support Sunderland they are only there because it is a popular forum with high traffic.

Probably had **** growing up so feel the need to lash out anonymously but if you think about it surely if you did and your doing it now then take a long hard look in mirror as you knew how it felt as had it done to yourself.

Then you just get the out right sociopaths who enjoy other peoples suffering which once again wouldn't revel in it in someones face as would rightly so get put on your arse.

10. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

What made you support us ?

11. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

Got taken to Roker first, 1976 and it stuck. Think I liked going on the train..

12. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

Did you get much stick ?
    Did you let them know who you supported ?

13. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

B
    But he has gained those 'football brains'while working there.
    No one could have foreseen he had an innate natural affinity for the football business. That is a ludicrous assertion.
    Byrne was and is held in utter disdain for being a woman ...ie what do lasses know about football blah blah blah. Her big mistake was Adam Johnson. She handled that badly but that was nothing to do with football brains.
    I have said before that Bain was probably the most football savvy CEO we ever had.
    He had a baptism of fire at rangers ( where you would have thought he would have learnt by his and the mistakes of others) and at maccabi ( Israel's man utd ). Compared with most an impeccable football business/brain cv ( complete with tertiary education and marketing experience ). He was undoubtedly the worst we ever had.
    Sorry but yours and the logic of many others re football brains is a crock

14. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

I don't think the fact she was a female had anything to do with the way she was regarded.

Imho, that had far more to do with her lack of relevant/suitable experience for the post - from secretary to Chief Exec in 4 years!

I think a quick glance at the contracts she authorised, in addition to the PDC & AJ fiascos give an insight into why she is held in such disdain and that's leaving aside her behaviour, as an agent, since leaving the club.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Makemstine Roger and Sin Semilla like this.
  15. Sin Semilla

Sin Semilla Well-Known Member

Mate. We've been over this before. Last week.

She's been solely judged by her performance at work.

Let's not make this a sexism issue and another way to tarnish a fan base.

Never heard anyone at the match,
    on here or RTG mention her performance as Sunderland's CEO and her gender in correlation.

Is Congerton viewed differently because of his gender? no.
    How's about Altidore? No.

You've got more chance of being on the mysterious St James Park waiting list than hear anyone slag Byrne off for being a woman. Her job wasn't to be a footballing genius but a CEO of a football club. She failed at that and is rightly judged to have been a negative effect on SAFC. Not because she bleeds out of her minge.

halfman, alan reed and Skanter like this.
  16. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Your last sentence clearly shows your views on women

17. Sin Semilla

Sin Semilla Well-Known Member

Haha. You're an idiot mate.

You could have replied with some evidence of the supposed sexist Sunderland fans, how she ultimately failed because she is a woman and was unable to perform properly because of said sexist Sunderland fans.

Stating that women bleed out of their minges isn't sexist. Trying to justify removal of a female CEO because she bleeds out of her minge is sexist. I hope that clears up the difference between an observation on a billion year old product of evolution and sexism.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  18. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

Are you on a wind up?
    The spurs owner looked at Levy, thought his ability could transfer to football, used his judgement, and was right.
    It wasnt a random guess!
    Meanwhile we had an owner who used his 'judgement' to appoint de fanti et al.

Bain, impeccable football brain!!!
    Byrne held in disdain for being a woman!!!

Fool.

19. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

What part of Margaret Byrne's gender is immaterial does he not understand? Margaret Byrne is universally despised by all Sunderland fans for her complete ineptitude after being given free reign at the club. She is 99% responsible for the complete basket case of a club that we became, which eventually ended up with succesive relegations. That despite wasting nearly a quarter of a billion pounds of Ellis Short's money on her watch. She then had the temerity to become a football agent for players that she gave their contracts while CEO thus having inside knowledge of those contracts, and boasted that Lee Cattermole "would not leave a penny behind" despite knowing the club was in real danger of going to the wall. Despicable and we would have said the same were she a man.

20. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

The drink wins again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.