1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jsdftm04

Jsdftm04 Member

That's what we all hope for.

Whittylad and Smug in Boots like this.
  2. Boldon boy

Boldon boy Active Member

Its fantastic for our club that we have people like this investing in us. Stewart donald has said from day one that he is more than capable of financing us in league 1 but he was always looking for big money men to jump on board at some point if we wanted to get back to were we should be back in the Premier league.

The opportunity has come along maybe quicker than he was expecting with FPP but I remember donald saying that if he said no now there was a chance that these blokes might walk away and you don't get many chances like this in football with the clout of FPP so he's took that opportunity

It's obvious to me that this is just the start of a long term steady takeover if we move up the leagues, there's no way that people like this would take months going through the club with a fine tooth comb if they weren't in it for the long haul

3. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

What it shows is, for an owner,
    football brains are the most important quality.
    Short showed that money plus good intentions is not enough.
    Hopefully the new lads are clever, time will tell.

Whittylad likes this.
  4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

It's not just a few idiots mate, it's a relentless tirade of hateful abuse based on wild guesses and misinformed speculation. From the moment Donald arrived he's been subject to endless moaning about everything from the SOL music to the replacement of the pink seats.

I was at Peterborough when a series of people were coming up to him and screaming about Ross. Fair enough, the supporters are entitled to an opinion, but the bloke had his kids with him. Eventually me and my son stood in front to block people off when it became uncomfortable.

This isn't Owen Oyston ffs, he's far from perfect but there wasn't a big queue of buyers tbh.

Why should he do public events, does Ashley or any other owners out of interest?

Sid, Darius, Sandy Camel and 12 others like this.
  5. Whittylad

Whittylad Well-Known Member

That’s just disgusting even more so when his children are present no need for it at all.

6. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

Wasting your time mate, he is one of the worst offenders.

7. Jsdftm04

Jsdftm04 Member

I agree with you, that is out of order. My comment was just about the abuse on Twitter tbh. I wouldnt even bother going up to donald or methven in person mind, just leave them be with their families as you probably would too. I just dont think its them instances that took him off Twitter but maybe I'm wrong.

8. Jsdftm04

Jsdftm04 Member

When have I 'abused' the owners? I'm all ears mate.

Or do you class saying winning 15 in 36 under ross isnt good enough is abuse?

9. Smug in Boots

He's entitled to his opinion providing he's prepared for a response.

There's a tendency on forums to polarise absolutely everything which people believe enhances their argument. I think it diminishes it because it looks exaggerated and unreasonable. It's obviously not just 'a few idiots' no more than it's the majority. Players aren't 'shyte' because they're struggling with a new system, or suffering from a lack of confidence, and aren't Kings because they score against Tranmere.

The internet makes people behave very strangely at times.

10. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

Mate there are threads over the road complaining about the comment CM made last night about SD not going to games or to talk ins.

Read some of the posts again with an open mind on here and rtg and ask yourself if you would want or need the hassle? Remember when you read then your not a sunderland fan or have any affinity too the region.

There is a lad on here who has spent a seriously long time analysing every podcast and statement to counter reference the accounts and wants to stay anonymous as it may lead to hassle to his family and his business. SD doesn't have that luxury

11. Smug in Boots

Donald doesn't have to ever do another podcast, talk in or announcement ever again ....

... do the owners of other clubs do this?

I don't even know the owners of most clubs in this country tbh

Chunksafc likes this.
  12. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

No he doesn't, he tried to be open and engage and it left him wide open to hassle.

All those that giving him trouble or analysing everything he has said should be happy, we are back to radio silence, like every other club

13. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

If this has been asked elsewhere please point me to it, did CM have anything further to say about this investment at the talk in last night? I don't mean in a negative way but did anyone ask the question.

Ronnie

14. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

I live in Gateshead, most mags aren't as vicious about Safc compared to many on RTG.

15. dred

dred Well-Known Member

Who wants a pristine sanitised stadium any way :)

16. Smug in Boots

It's so rampant it's become 'normal' to instantly criticise Sunderland, SAFC, players, etc.

Other posters join in which encourages people to continue their attacks.

Eventually the whole point of being a 'supporter' is totally obscured.

Sad, but it doesn't bother me ....

... I'm currently texting a lad, and his son, who I've known for 40 years. I stood on the Fulwell with him for years and he's travelled up from Devon for today's game. They're the kind of people I listen to, not the screaming whingers relentlessly putting us all down.

17. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Love this indefinable quality of football brains that is attributed to successful club owners/ceo's.
    Quinn is one of the very very few owners/ceo's to have ever played at a high level. Yet he watched while keane wasted 70m on utter 5hite. He never once tried to put the brakes on keane when he signed the likes of prica, halfords, tainio, chimbonda and legion of others that were absolute wastes of money.
    Daniel levy was/is a businessman that joe Louis ( spurs owner ) picked because of finance nous nothing whatsoever to do with football.
    Tbf donald has done some good cost cutting but made some gaffes that have let him down. Nothing to do with football, nothing to do with ' he gets us ' ( vomit ). All to do with business.
    Long may that be the case.

18. Nathan Brazil

Nathan Brazil Well-Known Member

I agree about Quinn, have never made any claims about his ability.

Levy however, has proved he has 'football brains', and has shown the value of an astute appointment by the man in charge.
    Must be nice.

19. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Or something along them lines anyway.

Nig likes this.
  20. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Exactly mate, I'm pretty confident they will have some clause in for them doing a full takeover further down the line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.