1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Will have a look before the match if chilly and buy the bairn one probably get one too to match so he will be buzzing.

He wanted me to buy a strip when I bought him his to wear to the match but not a fan of wearing one unless playing football,

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  2. Boldon boy

Boldon boy Active Member

This is just the start of a steady long term investment and eventual full takeover of the club if we move up the leagues.

It doesnt make any sense that these billionaires would put money in if they weren't interested in an eventual full ownership of the club.

They've seen the potential of the club for themselves and have decided to get on board this won't be a loan it will be money invested for now with the reward of shares in the club if we go up. Then I'm sure they will take on more shares if we are in the championship.

It's great news we should all embrace it

3. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Thanks mate and thanks to everyone else who's commented.

My pleasure isn't for me, it's for all the great Sunderland supporters who deserve this ....

... let's hope this is the start of a great new era for the club.

I've decided to celebrate by walking down to the village, with Mrs Smug, and drink Guinness.

I don't usually drink Guinness but it was at the home of Louisa Guinness, the wife of Ben Brown, where I saw first hand evidence of what I still believe is the takeover.

I was shown a WhatsApp message from Glen Fuhrman confirming he was buying the club.

So I've been sitting back and laughing in the face of all those people who've said it wouldn't happen ...

... now I'm sitting back with my Guinness hoping everyone is having their own party in their own way <party>

4. janey

janey Well-Known Member

I don’t think the club get anything but I’m not sure if the club sell ones like them. I suppose that’s why they can charge what they charge

Sheep Farmer likes this.
  5. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Ecstatic with this news and a big thanks to @Smug in Boots for the way he’s kept us all going and ignored the idiots that have tried to belittle him. :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer: Cheers mate.

mrs em and Smug in Boots like this.
  6. BigPete

Exactly mate I'm buzzing good job I get the metro to work rather than use car!

Been double good news day for me as well as been offered new position with more money too, what the hell is going on?

I may go buy a scratch card! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

7. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

enjoy it bonny lad, you've earned it.

8. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Don’t be spending any of that extra money on bets on Sunderland :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Whittylad, Chunksafc and BigPete like this.
  9. Repswick

Repswick Member

Just a general negativity mate. Ppl Trying their level best to paint an 8 figure investment by 4 billionaires in a negative light.
    They’re not like any Sunderland fans I know. I think it’s fantastic news. Over the moon. Been following this since it broke in august.

mrs em and BigPete like this.
  10. JohnKay

JohnKay Member

Great news and nice work @Smug in Boots. Had a look over on the other side and it's still the same people trying to put a downer on it.

Sent a mod a pm asking for a 6 month ban, that place is really bad for me, I end up pi**ed off every time I read a thread on PF, I'll stick to this more calm place for the next few months at the minimum.

Quick edit, I'm JohnKay over on RTG btw, those with a sharp eye will have clocked my signature.

11. BigPete

I'm buzzing mate didn't doubt you since you said that as had no reason to do so, when are you unbanned from RTG?

I haven't been over there but there will be a lot of posters with egg on their faces!

Saying that probably just say he's wrong it's just an investment not a takeover... I think they are putting in money in now we go up they put more in and take over!

Said it in many posts tonight but I'm absolutely buzzing!

Owe you a pint or two next time at SOL <cheers>

dred and Smug in Boots like this.
  12. BlooPop

BlooPop Member

Yeah dunno.

Not enough details to make sense of good or bad (beyond the positive PR announcement spin.) Comes down to how the loan is structured I suppose... I would also venture a guess there are some provisos that would offer stake/share options to fpp if/when the club gets promoted... I highly doubt they'd spend all this time to do a simple loan.

Cotton directing the structure and implementation of a new scouting network doesn't exactly fill me with confidence tho... Hopefully he'll succeed tho, of course.

13. BigPete

Never again mate

Comfy likes this.
  14. BigPete

**** them this board is better for football chat now anyway as most good posters moved over.

The SMB section on RTG is still good though have some laughs in there,

Repswick likes this.
  15. safcyellowbelly

safcyellowbelly Well-Known Member

How can it be anything other than positive?

Seems to me that SD/CM have persuaded a business which is globally successful and which has resources which are virtually limitless (the Forbes list rank Michael Dell as the 39th richest man on the planet - down from 12th in 2006!) to invest c.£10m in a third tier English football club which has won nothing for decades and suffered 2 relegations in the last 3 years...

I can`t pretend that I know anything more than is available on open sources about Dell, Fuhrman, Phelan (or the other one) but they are serious players in the world of finance - have a look at the MSD Capital web-site. These are people who stake their reputation on (and make their money from) long-term capital appreciation [they must do as it says so on the web-site!].

To get a return on the £10m they`ll need to stick around and that will require future investment. I guess they`ll have figured that out for themselves...

They will, I guess, want to sell at some point (who wouldn`t) but to get "long term capital appreciation" the club will need to have grown in value...you don`t get that sticking around in League1...

SD/CM need to be warmly congratulated on getting these guys on board.

But let`s not get too carried away...

In the grand scheme of things Dell is worth c.$31 billion... £10m is worth c. $13m that is 0.04% of his overall wealth...

ONS data has the average UK salary as £36,611 per annum...0.04% of that is less than £1500 - quite a chunk of change for most normal people BUT not enough to mean you`re committed to throwing your life savings at to retain...

So "Team Dell" has invested £10m - they`re clearly committed to the project but in my view are just as likely to walk away from the club if the investment looks like it will tank rather than throwing more cash in to turn the corner...

Anyway - on a more important note - anyone know how to change a user name on here (I feel like being safcyellowDELLy for a while at least).

KTF FTM

16. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

fair play Riv lad :emoticon-0150-hands

17. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more. Good post mate

Whittylad, Boldon boy and BigPete like this.
  18. The Dude

The Dude Active Member

They are refusing to acknowledge they were wrong. Still trying to say that Donald and the rest have stolen money from the club and they'll waste this. ****ing idiots!

Chunksafc and BigPete like this.
  19. BigPete

Everybody should be pulling together and happy now man!

Looking forward to the match at weekend hopefully its a big crowd and good atmosphere!

Need a chant for the yanks!

The Dude and Chunksafc like this.
  20. BigPete

Ohhhhh the Yanks have came,
    We are now back in the game,
    The premier leagues our aim,
    Thank the Yanks the Yanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.