1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

2. kirkyboy

kirkyboy Well-Known Member

I think if we could get Maddison from Peterborough that would be massive. He should be a priority signing IMO

MKmackem likes this.
  3. janey

janey Well-Known Member

Nacho and Gatesy like this.
  4. Gatesy

Gatesy Well-Known Member

Nice that and the shirt is one of my all time fav's. Unfortunately the wife hasn't taken the hint just yet... :emoticon-0140-rofl:

janey likes this.
  5. West stander

West stander Well-Known Member

Some canny gear in there and just received an email where if you put ONEHOUR in at the checkout before 21:30 tonight you get 15% off.

6. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Nah, I am not about to go slagging the place off, been a member over there since 2002 and still go on daily.

janey likes this.
  7. janey

janey Well-Known Member

I love me white shirt, took it to Malia on a girly holiday in 91 (I think) a large boys, no adults left to buy

Gatesy likes this.
  8. one gary owers

one gary owers Well-Known Member

I re-framed from altering your reply it would have been good

janey likes this.
  9. Wor Giacchi

Wor Giacchi Well-Known Member

I think he has all the makings of a flop... purely based on the amount of hype I've heard and past experience with over-hyped players.

A lot of people are almost pinning the success of our season on signing him. He definitely has good attributes and could come good, I'm not saying he won't - but let's not expect too much otherwise we'l just be disappointed.

Sheep Farmer and Nathan Brazil like this.
  10. MackemX

MackemX Well-Known Member

janey likes this.

11. Gazj2k

Gazj2k Well-Known Member

So did we all get excited about nothing again?

JHmackem likes this.
  12. Sin Semilla

Sin Semilla Well-Known Member

Never head anyone bring Byrne's sex into it... Her turd of a reign aye, but her gender, not once?

I get he pumped in a hell of a lot of money, at once point we spent on par with the likes of Everton and Villa under Keane and Bruce. But to hire and sack so many who were total inept crooks speaks for itself. I can tell he wanted to succeed here, hit his hands off approach to the club in general ended as expected.

Saf likes this.
  13. murray out

murray out Well-Known Member

Never stop getting excited marra. It's the hope that keeps us going

Saf, CoolerKing33, Ozzymac and 2 others like this.
  14. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Surprises me that while maddison has his admirers he hasnt made a move to the c'ship as yet. I just dont see us making what ( by this league's standards) would be a large outlay for a player that possibly may not cut it in a higher league.
    Grigg ( as he showed last Tuesday) has the skill but the temperament and application seem to be his undoing. His goals dried up at wigan in the c'ship.
    If a manager has a good eye and the right system I reckon judicious use of the loan system is better than comparatively big outlays on late 20's players who are big fish in small pools.
    Bowyer has apparently unearthed some 18/19 yo wunderkid from liverpool.
    I realise loans arent popular with many but ( excluding ross's abysmal record with everything ) loans have worked well at safc.
    Evans, rose and Alonso and even bendtner were all fantastic for us. The first 2 especially being young players coming through.
    I see the attraction short term for maddison. Local lad, goalscorer etc etc

Pure River Slut likes this.
  15. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

So do you want to name these crooks.
    Bain was inept but not a crook as for who the others are I'm intrigued.
    Moyes was inept but not a crook.
    When he was hired there was a groundswell of support for him. Short, in a show ( last gasp?) of support let him waste 34m in his disastrous season.That season was a big spend compared to many. Had short visibly interfered etc there would have been hell on. But he trusted moyes ( as most fans wanted and expected) and it backfired spectacularly. Same applies to advocaat, o'neill, bruce, keane. Bruce at least balanced the books but he bought some 5hite.
    Short is an easy person to blame, but to me it is just lazy thinking.
    As for byrne it was very clear during her tenure that her gender was like a target on her back. For the up and coming chauvinist a woman in a very senior role in a football club is kryptonite and so it proved. God only knows how much worse it could have been were she a person of colour as well.
    Strange that even though so many on here disparaged her for her supposed lack of football understanding ( there's irony personified ) she has forged a very good reputation as a players agent since she left. People with real knowledge of the game (not social media misogynists) clearly respect and trust her

16. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

What a complete helmet you really are. You are clueless. You live 12000 miles away and have no idea what goes on in matchday and what people say.
    Byrne was the one responsible for the Nonceson fiasco. That's why every matchday we get reminded of it, but you dream up sexism instead.
    I wish you would lose the internet as it is clear you are not well in the head and just embarrass yourself.

17. Gillythedilf

Gillythedilf Well-Known Member

You absolute ****ing wally.

If gender was the issue, why did Gary The Hair receive so much stick aswell .Ill tell you why because we put people in positions that they knew nowt about .A bar man and a lass who sold tickets ,overnight they are running the club ffs and made a right mess of it as history has shown .

BigPete, Sid, Owld Feller and 3 others like this.
  18. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Was Gary's return not muted at recently?

19. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

Your dislike of Desfarte (under whatever name) is quite clear.

However, the constant bile that you aim at him (every time he posts), only reinforces the accuracy of your description as a 'Well-Known Member'

If you don't want to read his posts just stick him on ignore or report any that you find objectionable.

Simple!

Just give it a rest man - This isn't RTG, where people can, quite clearly, pursue personal agendas.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  20. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I think people are excited because, amongst other things, Donald said things would become clearer 'within two weeks' a fortnight ago.

Then Methven, a few days ago, said the announcement was imminent.

Having some of the world's richest men involved with your club is quite exciting for many people.

Or it might just be a clever way of keeping people off the streets.

ab65 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.