1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sarri really doesn't get it.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Pretty ordinary 1st half I thought, very hesitant and fearful of going forward.Sarri ball at its' worst, pointless sideways and backwards with no attempt at attack.
    Second half got a lot better and CHO showed Sarri that you can actually run , not just walk, through a game. Kante took the hint and made a great run leading to Giroud' goal. From then on, running infested the team like a plague. CHO was non stop and showed Sarri up for the clueless ****er that he is. Willian was very lively, Kovacic discovered he could pass to players in front of him, not just those behind him. RLC came on and in 10 minutes showed why Barkley needs to be sold, loverly free kick not withstanding. RLC adds go- forward, power, pace and draws defenders out of position, something Barkley can only do in his dreams. Even Ampadu got a run on.
    The difference in the team when they forgot Sarri ball and actually ran at their opponents was chalk and cheese.
    Over to you Sarri. Man City next, the team Newcastle almost beat because they used good tactics. If Sarri learned nothing from this display then hope he enjoys the pleasures of the Amalfi Coast as soon as possible.

2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I still don’t want us to sack him tbh. We’ll be back to square one if we go for Zidane or Blanc and need more players that fit their style.

I’ve been so bored watching us in recent years under Conte and Jose we need to play more expansive stuff. I feel Sarri will bring that in time. Didn’t have a pre season either so was already behind and we have seen earlier in the season that we can be good to watch.

His issue is that he’s too stubborn and won’t adapt if it’s not going our way. We’re about 5 players short from playing how we want to play so it’ll take a while to get there but I’m hoping we’re more patient than usual.

3. Chelsea Pensioner

Yeah, guess you're right, but the bloke does himself no favours. Zinadan apparently doesn't speak a word of English, that might create a problem or two, and Blanc hasn't set any teams on fire, just 2 more "names" without the right credentials.
    Unless Sarri gets someone to pour a bucket of brains into his thick skull, and tweaks his positions and selections, he is dead man walking and needs to go ASAP for the sake of the Team. IF, and boy it's a biggie, he uses said brains and revises his thinking, then indeed he might have a future.
    Either way, the owner and Maria need to have a long hard look at their record on Managers and player movements, it's looking pretty dodgy for both. A good start would be Ballack as Emenalo' replacement.

4. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

The lot that finished should of started IMO,game time needed.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Unless Sarri gets someone to pour a bucket of brains into his thick skull, and tweaks his positions and selections, he is dead man walking and needs
    CP, how good was Kante last night. Assists, interceptions, box to box. Incredible. What a player

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This. Ignore the 'pundits' who say he can't play in a midfield 3 on the right

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  7. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Decent result but it was never really in doubt that we'd win this tie.

Next 2 game present a much bigger challenge obviously and with such tactical inflexibility and considering recent results against these types of sides, I can't imagine we'll come out of them well.

There is certainly a case for giving Sarri time but his lack of flexibility, predictable substitutions and relying to the same players in 90% of our games is a worry. CHO could have scored 5 last night and he'll still be dropped at the weekend for Pedro.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

On another note, I think it was bang out of order the booing of Jorginho when he came on. What's that going to achieve?

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, I think it is more booing Sarri's subs though

10. CFC: Champs £launderx17

If Sarri could make the players understand the system better, they would move more and give Jorghino options for vertical passes when he is under pressure.

Sad thing is, so far Sarri can't

11. chelsea - over 100 years of history

interesting stat that Sarri's win % is better than pep's at this stage of his City tenure.

Can't see him getting the time or resources to turn this around though.

12. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Probably better than Klopp's first Season also. (same with Emery at Arsenal)

People just want instant results now - but that's just not realistic. If a young Alex Ferguson was at Chelsea over the last few years chances are he would have been fired. (took him a couple of Seasons to get going at United) Managers need time.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I agree. The problem is though, the nature of the defeats coupled with Sarri inability to change things that aren't working.

The United game was an obvious case in point. We never looked like scoring for most of the second half and he just made like for like subs and the system remained the same. Any manager that can't make adjustments is going to get found out.

I think if he stays, we'll probably look better next year but I doubt he'll have us challenging for the major honours if he cant be more flexible when the need arises.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

He's exceptional. He was all over the pitch and looked at times like the "real " Kante. His long run that led to Girouds' goal seemed to kick start more players into running at the opposition , not just the "pass and stop", give it to Hazard, that Sarri seems to like.
    I am as sure as I can be that if Sarri put Kante alongside Jorghino, with RLC just in front in a 4 2 3 1, the Team ,including Jorghino, would improve out of sight. We need more running ,less mindless passing, and more aggression. It's frustrating seeing the tepid, Sarri ball play and getting a glimpse of the play when RLC and CHO combine with Kante to push forward.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, I agree

Kante Jorghino in midfield two behind CHO RLC Hazard would be interesting.

Won’t happen under Sarri

16. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Jorginho is Sarri’s golden boy so the booing was inevitable. What I’d like this to achieve is for Jorginho to be on the bench in tomorrow’s final with Kante in his natural World Cup winning and Premiership winning position.