1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sarri really doesn't get it.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think at some point it leads to Lampard and Morris but it’s too early for them yet. Seems to fit though, know the club inside out and would use the academy as Morris was involved with them for years.

If Sarri does get sacked at some point this season I wonder if we’ll just leave it to Zola to see out the season.

Bodinki likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I wouldnt mind that to be honest.
    But I want Sarri to have 2 seasons.
    If we are still outside the top 4, getting 6-0 spankings next season, then i will want him out.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Lol deffo no to zola. His managerial track record is appalling.

4. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I was a big advocate for giving Sarri time but he's trying my patience to be honest.

It's not even being 5th or 6th, it's that every other performance is shocking, our awful and naïve away performances and inability to do anything other than his 1 system regardless of opposition or how the game is going.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

10 goals conceded in our last 2 away games. Relegation form.

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

It's his refusal or lack of ability to change things when the game isn't going well. Like for like subs and his love child plays, come what may.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Whilst i agree that he's been stubborn and i would like him to change things, how often to managers get castigated for not maintaining consistency. I hope after these tonkings he tries something different but i wouldn't want him to go all ranieiri and just changed every match trying to find that one formation.

We have had some appalling results and some great ones too. Theres no point changing manager every year as they never get to build anything. The only thing i will criticise him for is not giving more of our youths consistent gametime (although recently there's been injuries to hudson and rlc)

8. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

We were battered by the best team in Europe........Bad defending and bad mistakes by the keeper obviously made it worse
    than it needed to be.Fear we're going to lose Kante don't look happy to me.On the plus side i look the look of Higuain.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I'm all for keeping managers longer to let them bed in and improve the team. However this manager doesn't seem to know which players are best for his style, mostly because he hasn't played some of them enough to find out. Yet week after week he plays people who week after week show they are not up to it. The extraordinarily consistent selection of the wrong players in the wrong positions suggests he is not willing to try anything different, despite zero improvement in the team or individuals.
    If Sarri is to be kept, and if he's going to do the business, it's about time he selected on form and made a more realistic assessment of his plans so far. Right now he's ruining players like Georghino and Kante by force feeding them into roles they are not able to play well. Georghino obviously can't cope with the speed and aggression of the PL. In time with a slightly different set up, perhaps he will come good. With Sarris methods, we'll probably never know. That's what my beef is, pure and simple. Make the best of what you've got and improve the big picture slowly.

Bristol Blue and BobbyD like this.
  10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

With the players we have, he has to revert to a 4231. It's a simple as that. It would allow Jorginho to still help dictate play but would give him and the Defence much needed protection from Kante. Or at least play this away from home against the better opposition. It's basically the system Spurs use and they are doing alright.

Play Hazard, Willian and CHO in the 3 with Pedro, Barkley, RLC in rotation, Higuain up front. Back 4 as is I guess but we need to invest in a proper leader/organiser in the summer as we can't keep having Luiz's 1/10 or 10/10 erratic form and performances. The guy at Napoli looks very good, albeit very expensive.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Rather not buy a centre back. Has luiz really been that bad? If we want a new cb we should let christensen grow into that position.

Agreed we should go 4 2 3 1

12. The Ginger Marks

Luiz has been ok for my money, yes he can put in a mare but not very often. For me the problem was Alonso, he tucked in too far and allowed Bernardino too much room.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I agree BobbyD. Christensen has improved out of sight since Sarri has played him. Not just played, but played with the 1st team. That's what CHO, RLC and Ampadu need. They are all capable of being better than the people they usually, but rarely sub for. All they need is more game time.
    Start building for the future ,with the future now. Get rid of the Barkleys, Zappacostas, Drinkwaters, Pedros, Willians at seasons end, by which time the kids, if Sarri plays them, will be as good and able to be better. Hazard is a goner for sure, Luiz maybe as well, Azpi looks shakey, Alonso needs to re find his form, so loads of changes probable.
    Luiz hasn't been that bad, he's the only player with vision that we have and should be tried in midfield in my opinion. He and Rudiger are being overloaded because Sarris' midfield set up is totally hopeless at defence so the 2 centre back have to do far too much work. Jorghino needs a week or two off to watch and learn. He will never be the key man in the PL for mine, but could well be a great pairing with Kante in a mid 2, if only Sarri gets his brain working.
    Never going to happen of course, so expect more of the same old same old next 3 games with the same results. One good one ,one ****e one, and one with..........

14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

It's not just whether Luiz has been that bad or not on an individual basis, it's that the back line lacks a leader. The difference VDV has made at Liverpool is a notable comparison. It's not just how good he is as a player but it's that he has raised the rest of the Defence as well. We've lost JT and Cahill has been frozen out (and obviously dipped in quality as well).

Luiz is the senior player in that defence now and is not organising them at all. On top of that his performances are up and down far too much and there is a bit of a contract issue with him at the moment as well. Christenson or Rudiger for me rather than both together. If anyone could come in and be that leader it is Ampadu but it's a big risk given his age. We also have a very young keeper and therefore even more reason to get a proper leader in that defence.

15. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

After the elation of getting a couple of League Cup final tickets in my earlier replies, now comes the realisation that you and Stan are totally right. To continually play probably the best central defensive midfielder in the world out of position is completely stupid. Like for like substitutions against Man Ure when 0-2 down at home was also moronic. Sarri Is now a joke of a manager !!!!!!

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Kante is not a just a CDM though. He is best as a box to box player in a midfield 2 playing alongside a DM such as Matic or Drinkwater in a counter attacking 343 or 4231 formation.

17. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I’ll do a StanDMan and write ‘Sarri Out’. I want to see Kante back in his World Cup winning and Premiership winning position with us and Leicester. The team should be built around Kante not Jorginho - SARRI OUT!!!!

18. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Conte was a quality manager why the hell did you guys fire him?..

Sarri though. I dont think he's a bad manager per say but the guy has'nt won a trophy in his career and looking at the state of him from a health perspective I dont think he's got many years left in him. Seems a weird choice but one of these days your board needs to actually give someone a chance to build a team from the ground up.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

If CHO and a few more don't start 2nite i hope he gets the boot 2moro.

20. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Played quite well tonight, got better as the game went on.

Nice to finish the game with loftus Cheek, Ampadu, Hudson Odoi and Christensen all on the pitch.

Kante MOM though, he was everywhere.