1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sarri really doesn't get it.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Better performance after the dross, but apart from a couple of serious players in Hazard and Kante showing why they are class, bugger else changed.
    Sarri is talking Kovacic up as Jorghino "replacement" and continues to consider playing Kante in his best position.
    Now Kovacic couldn't be worse than Jorghino, but has not exactly shown great attacking skills, assist passes, nor anything to assume he is capable of being the mid field general we are desperate for. Kante has been discarded , Ampadu got 40 mins, yet Sarri has seen enough to make his decision.
    This bloke is a serious dunce, and as much as I hate to say it, Stan got it right. He's crucifying our best players in order to to impose a style of football even his main man Jorghino can't play in the PL.
    Sarri is one dimensional, uncreative, unimaginative, unable to adapt and out of his depth.
    Someone else will be our manager next season, but there are bugger all people left to choose from.
    Such is the shambles RA has made of CFC.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. The Ginger Marks

Are you auditioning for the new Stan role mate?

BobbyD likes this.
  3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

We’re in the League Cup final - that says it all about Sarri. I can now engage in some more glory hunting - having bought a couple of £56 tickets for the final. :1980_boogie_down:

I was born in Bristol - although I have not lived there for over 3 decades - and neither of the Bristol football clubs have even reached a League Cup Final. We beat Huddersfield 5-0 on Saturday. My Paternal Grandad was a staunch Chelsea supporter and in his lifetime Chelsea had no where near the success we’ve had in the past 22 years. Quite honestly, I don’t understand what your problem is.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

5. The Ginger Marks

The lack of consistency is not Sarri's but the personnel. Of course, there is no such thing as "Sarri ball'. All he did at Napoli was get them playing expansive football as Ancelotti did here in 2010.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am inclined to agree with Ginge to be honest.
    Sarri hasn't been perfect, and he has made a couple of incorrect calls when it comes to team selections in my opinion, but the fact of the matter is he just doesn't have the team to play the style of football he wants......yet.....

For all of CP's experience, you'd think he would have learnt to be a tad more patient.
    What did Guardiola achieve in his first season at City? **** all
    What did Klopp win in his first season at Liverpool? **** all

But they are where they are now because the club gave the manager a chance to build a team and mould it to suit his style.
    Thats when you start seeing dividends.

remembercolinlee and BobbyD like this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Would like to see some more expansive football here too !!
    Maybe if he selected some players who can play expansively we might do so. I think there's a few who rarely get selected and just can't work out why, when some regulars are regularly so ordinary.
    Anyway, will try and ease off and see what the next couple of months brings.

8. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yup just give the manager time. If hes still doing this **** by next year thats when you probably want to get angry

remembercolinlee and Bodinki like this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yup, if this **** is still going on next season, I will be the first to call him out on it.
    I am ready to write this season off as rebuilding.
    Hopefully we can stay in the top four and get CL footie back. If we do that, AND win a cup alongside, then I will have deemed this season a huge success.

10. The Ginger Marks

Forget the Stan edicts, youth has to be blended in. You just can’t drop five players to fulfil your whims mate, think about it!

11. Chelsea Pensioner

I get what you are saying, and don't think we have 5 players that need dropping. But certainly one of Willian / Pedro could be left out of matches more often to allow CHO
    more opportunities, and RLC when fit, might start more often before Barkley. Both of them have looked as good as, if not better than the regulars, and both have the flair and drive we desperately need.
    Anyway, as suggested, I'll pull my head in and continue to watch and hope.

12. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This. Get a grip And stop whining

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yeah, time was we would have killed to be regular top 6 and regular cup finalists.
    Remember the dark days of the late 80's?

please log in to view this image

14. The Ginger Marks

I remember Alan Mayes trying his best . That’s what we are and will a
    Ways be, trying our best!

15. Bristol Blue

........we also beat the Spuds to get to the final. We’re in as under dogs against Manchester City but I know we can match them all over the pitch and I’m looking forward to a great final and a great day out.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. Bristol Blue

Nothing to do with Sarri but the worst thing that can happen this season is for Liverpool to win the Premiership for the first time - we’ll never hear the bloody last of it !!!

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

True but not sure i could stand the crowing of pep being the best manager ever

18. Bristol Blue

Not many probably realise, but our opposition from last Saturday probably had the best manager ever - Huddersfield had Herbert Chapman. I don’t want to seem like a complete geek but what he did for unfashionable Huddersfield and the then unfashionable Arsenal was unbelievable.

19. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I think Sarri May be getting after today’s performance, and not in the good way. I think his life span was shortened by about 6 months and I doubt we will be seeing him at the bridge again after the summer, even if he does win a cup.
    At this rate we definitely won’t be making top 4, not do we deserve it. I truly believe our short terms success has come to and end and we now need to be looking to build for the future.
    Wholesale changes will be made however, I fear in the wrong direction.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Tbh we want a rebuild but we want to sack the manager. That doesnt work. Give him 2 years to implement and if hes still ****ing up then thats on him. You cant give a manager 1 year after 1 year.

However he needs to start playing the younger players