1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

At least both Puel and MP have proven the saying"If you always do, What you have always done, You will always get, What you always got" absolutely correct
    This is what concerns me most about MP that he isn't seeing what everyone else is seeing. RK was always very quick to change things if they weren't working and would always look at doing new things to get the edge and that was shown in his results.

Velcro Roy and hotbovril like this.
  2. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

If that stat is true and it's a big IF,it's just about the best evidence that stats can be made to claim anything.Mind you who says whether it's a chance or not I bet I wouldn't agree with most of em!

Libby likes this.
  3. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

I've said it before under Puel and maybe Pellegrino is the same. With the squad we have maybe the best way to get results is to set up defensively as that is where our strengths lie. I mean if Forster had been even average this year we would probably have at least 6 more points. No point going attacking when our attackers aren't great when you can try and grind out 1-0s based on the strength of our defence. We would've had a couple of them and a couple of 0-0s if Forster hadn't ****ed up.

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

On the flip side if we hadn't of tried to defend a lead for 85 minutes at Brighton we may have won comfortably which in turn may have bred more confidence in our forward players.

Sacrificing the attack for defence is a poor more when you always look like conceding in a game.

5. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Maybe or we could've left ourselves more open to being hit on the counter and conceding. All ifs and buts, it was only 6 (?) minutes into the game when Davis scored so kind of hard to say we would've been massively on top for the whole game after such a short space of time.

As Fran said the manager's head is on the block based on results, he is going to set us up the best way he feels we can get results, and with our defence and defensive midfield options I can see why he (and Puel) may have chosen to set up defensively.

6. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

You could truss up the opposition, stick the ball on the opposition's goal line and then I'm confident Long and Redmond could tuck it away. Well 25% of the time anyway :1980_boogie_down:

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Don't claim to know what constitutes a chance in the analysis, which is why I added the fact that using the same system put Spurs only just ahead of us in 4th place....and they've definitely done better than us in converting these chances.

8. fran-MLs little camera

9. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Well seeing as we often have 20-30 shots ourselves. so same could be said of us. Yet amazingly we can't score. And the same can go for Liverpool

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Quite possibly and agree you can't sat we'd be on top for the whole game but we handed them the initiative when they looked there for the taking. Didn't take advantage of our momentum at all.

I also see your point about him setting up defensively, but again my issue is you're going to get limited success with that tactic if you always look like conceding which we do.

11. Libby

Libby 9-0

Liverpool have scored much more goals than us and I don't think there's too many games we have had 20/30 shots from this season. We also aren't creating many good chances.

12. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Well we were. Certainly not now.

13. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Are our media team trying to wind us up?

14. fran-MLs little camera

15. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

As the likelihood of us winning is diminishingly small, and any amount of deliberations will not improve things, I've decided to change tack, ignore footballing issues, and expand on the butter/cat proposition. If you put butter on a cat's feet, both Laws of Physics invoked will be true - The cat will land on its feet, and the butter side of the cat will be downwards. HOWEVER, if you spread butter on a cat's back, the two Laws will be mutually incompatible, as the cat will always land on its feet, but the butter side will always hit the floor, so this will result in a permanently spinning cat, unable to land on its feet, as it would not then land butter side down, and unable to land on its back, as cats always land on their feet. This will result in a perpetual motion machine, which, if harnessed to a generator, will provide infinite amounts of electricity, thus solving the world's energy crisis at a stroke.

Oh, and in this beer-fuelled fantasy land I currently inhabit, Saints win 3-0, with goals from a Fraser Forster clearance, a deflection off the ref from a corner, and an own goal from Lovren, brought on to shore up Liverpool's defence. :emoticon-0167-beer:

hotbovril likes this.
  16. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Not expecting much tomorrow, but very interested to see who performs well, and who hides away.
    Gaffer is in the trench, lets see who's with him. Time to be counted, time to be in that number.

17. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

Shroedinger's pat. That or the theory of relatikitty anyway.

18. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

What about Jimmy Melia? played for both clubs many moons ago.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  19. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

They missed Adam Lallana and Dejan Lovren too!

20. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

TBF, Dejan's head was never really here. It turns out, wasn't really anywhere! <laugh>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Saintkitagain