1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

sad news

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by It'sChicoTime, Mar 4, 2013.

1. stevejack

stevejack Active Member

Been off here for a while and then I see this. Terrible news. Here's hoping that the recovery is swift and complete, love to his family who must be going through hell.
    COYAsh!

2. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

This is very upsetting, the family have all my best wishes. Get well soon Ash!

3. Flanman

Flanman Well-Known Member

Best wishes Ash wishing you all the strength you need.

4. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

I want to thank all the QPR fans for their messages of support on here, you have proven that rivalries can be put to one side and can give support to a football fan. Cheers guys <peacedove>

5. ivoralljack

ivoralljack Well-Known Member

Echo that. Well done QPR!! And thanks also to fans of all the other clubs who have taken the time to support Ash.

6. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Been 'off' for a few days and came back this morning to find the whole SITE yelling as one massive voice in love and support for one of our very own...

Starting with QPRBeth's thread on our board, it took me a while to realise quite what was going on and WHO it is that's affected - and as the name CHICO slowly began to emerge from the mists just couldn't get my head round to accepting what was being said. I'll tell you why.

Like most of us responding, I don't know Chico personally but as mods of a couple of boards who've been 'at each other's throats' of late (as Jager puts it here), we've swapped a few PMs over the months and levels of regard on real name terms. So I 'know' Chico as Ash - and it's to Ash, as opposed to Chico, I'm addressing this open message.

Mate, your overwhelming sense of care goes before you and frankly has done us all proud.

Throughout all the recent difficulties on your board, the 'interference' by some of our lot - and your's - you never once moaned about anything or blamed anyone but simply and quietly took it on yourself and set about the long process of restoring order and respect between us all.

Whilst I questioned certain individuals on both boards, you remained magnanimous to all at every turn - when others, including myself, were more inclined to be punitive. Instead of banning a number of Rs, fresh off the back of a licking from the Swans and the consequent need to engage in ner-ner wumming, you asked only that I have a quiet word with one guy to turn the heat down in the wake of the mod situation. Out of respect for your approach, I did as you asked and our guy saw the sense and was happy to co-operate.

Of course there's more to it than that but in reflecting on what must've been going on for you at the time, it's this experience of your care for all of us that provides the best summary of who you are and what you're about.

To me, you'll be chuffed to know that you're the living personification of Swansea City FC. Poor local beginnings, massive pride, mesmerising performances and global recognition! As a lifelong R I should be well jealous. As it happens I'm simply full of admiration and hope we can follow your magnificent example.

Your impact on this site in general and so many of the club forums it comprises, highlights what a fascinating dimension the net has added to our culture as football fans. Makes a mockery of the word 'virtual' dunnit?!

Take your time recovering Ash (it'll give us a chance to catch up!) but come back do. This site just ain't the same without you around, that's for sure.

7. ashbyhoops

ashbyhoops Member

Here's wishing him, his family,friends and fellow forum contributers our very best and thoughts and prayers are with you all.

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Just tuned in and saw this. Very very sad news. Football gets put on the 'back boiler' at times like these. Really hope Ash pulls through and my thoughts are with him and his family at this time.

9. The other R in Houston

The other R in Houston Well-Known Member

Bollocks to football, Bill Shankly didn't know what he was talking about.

We all enjoy venting a little steam, or trying to stoke a few fires on each others board, but when something like this happens, it really puts it all in perspective. I really hope he pulls through, as a member of this little community of ours all does. It's so sad when you can't see an end to the tunnel that you are in, when there only seems like there is only one way out. I really hope he pulls through, so he can read these messages and know how highly regarded he is not just by his friends on the Swansea board but others around the community.

Keeping Ash, his family and friends in my thoughts.

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Stunned by this - I'm a mod from the Leicester board and have enjoyed a few humourous exchanges with 'Ash' over time - I really hope he pulls through and is able to put it all behind him, move on and find a better and fulfilling future - thoughts with him and his family.

FF

11. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

once again thanks for fans from all clubs for their best wishes, i am sure Ash and Kayleigh will appreciate them, brings a tear to my eye when i read them

12. Azmi

Azmi Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear this news and all my best wishes and support to him and his wife. So sad, God willing he will make a complete recovery and soon be able to read all these messages of love and support that happily transcend any petty rivalries :)

13. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

I've just heard that the doctors are optimistic about Ash recovering. I hope it is true.
    Can someone print this thread and give it to Ash and his wife? Hopefuly it will help both of them, though medical advice should be taken before doing it.

14. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

thoughts with ash, his family and friends. Hope for a speedy recovery, awful thing to hear and hope he beats it.

15. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

I read this upsetting story on the Bristol City site, I'm sending my thoughts Love and prayers to Ash and his family and hope you all come back stronger.

16. inkedupp

inkedupp Active Member

QPR fan in peace. Hope things improve for him. not sure i can say anything that hasn't already been said.
    regards,
    inky.

17. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Get well soon Ash !!

18. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

My very best wishes <ok>

19. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

continuing good thoughts from all of us on the Watford board...

20. THURNBY CANARY

THURNBY CANARY Active Member

Just heard about this this morning. Terrible and shocking and makes football seem unimportant. Whatever is behind this, I hope he recovers and has a fresh start.