1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rwanda

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

So we're going to send migrants coming across the channel to Rwanda.
    It will be interesting to see if this policy succeeds.

2. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It would be nice to think so
    But I'm sure there is an army of worthy lawyers to ensure these people's human rights aren't violated, despite their illegal entry to our country, and the majority of them deliberately destroying their passports and other ID documents.

It will be interesting to see if Marine Le Pen beats Macron in France and she's for Frexit and anti immigration.

Islamic radicalised people, with very different values to us in the west, and no matter where they were born, have no place in British society, as even when they are caught/cornered, life imprisonment and death means absolutely nothing to them.

Personally I'd ship them all out to Rwanda, charge the French for the privilege given they've done jack to discourage the journeys being made across the channel and have taken tens of millions of public money, and then I'd conveniently forget they were there.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2022
    Red Robin likes this.
  3. Redprintt

Our 'impartial' left wing BBC & ITV have gone nuts this morning finding any worthy migrant telling how marvellous to be here in the UK and that we should let all migrants in.

Not for 1 minute do I think this policy will be enshrined in law although I do think something radical needs to happen. Gangs are making millions risking thousands of migrants lives coming across, from a safe country, to another safe country - the UK.

Red Robin and Angelicnumber16 like this.
  4. Angelicnumber16

The same BBC who have told parents of toddlers on their own Website to be aware of their White Privilege if their kids don't mix with kids of colour, but of course that only applies one way.

Never mind the areas of the country like East London, and Leicester etc where kids of colour don't or can't easily mix with white children !

The BBC are now a national disgrace and I haven't watched anything they provide in terms of TV for months, and nor will I going forward.

The sooner they are shut down or reformed the better. Apart from the fact that my Missus will be out of work as she works with them on behalf of a 3rd party !

Redprintt likes this.
  5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, if you’ve not watched them for months, how can you know they’re a disgrace? , surely to make a judgment you need to watch them.

6. Redprintt

Hindsight Starmer has been on the box about the Rwanda policy - he says 'it's extortionate and we deserve better'.
    No solutions, just sniping as usual.

Yep we 'deserve better' politicians of all persuasion.

Should this policy ever happen it will be interesting how many of the single male 20/30year old migrants decide to cross the channel.

7. Angelicnumber16

Because the latest woke BS was reported on both Sky News and GB News

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Yep, this is a deterrent for anyone thinking about making the crossing. About bloody time!!

Redprintt likes this.
  9. Redprintt

Starmer and Liberal luvvies snipe but have no solution.
    I'm OK with giving this 'Rwanda policy' a chance and agree with Supcon - 'About bloody time'.

10. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Rwanda will receive £120m a year.

This will cover how many refugees a year?

Does the cost base analysis stack up?

11. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

itv report showed the hostel 50 rooms = 100 residents [ for approx 3weeks ] they then should be well on way to being processed and leave that place with options? so say
    we are not in the forseeable going to put up in hotels ... we have no money 500 rooms B&B = ABOUT £15,000,000 pa Probably need 2000 rooms +

12. Redprintt

According to Home Office figures it costs over £4million a day to 'house' refugees.

The Rwanda policy seems a good deal and stacks up.

And let's see how many 20/30 year single male migrants take the Rwanda option.

13. AshtonRed

The £120m is not the total, it’s just a sweetener, it’ll cost much more than that.

14. AshtonRed

I don’t think it’ll happen, it’ll be found to be illegal

15. realred1952

unfortunately what is illegal is the immigrants! This new action can be put into law and then it is guarded.
    Dont think the 97% is correct more than is published get removed and at least +2% of either not caught or caught and await decision abscond

16. AshtonRed

Even the government expect a legal challenge, immigration isn’t illegal , just the method, the difficulty the Ukrainians have found trying to come into the country just highlight’s how slow and ponderous our system is. If we had a more efficient system that allowed genuine refugees in I’d have sympathy for this approach, as it is we don’t, that is a fact, therefore I don’t approve of this approach as many that are genuine will be caught in it. That is just plain wrong.

17. realred1952

sort of correct a bit of a hypocrity [ not you !] An individual making a effort to "migrate" into a country without following procedure is doing so illegally!
    probably costing us in the uk over £100 a year in costs and losses .. black market /sweat houses etc

18. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Perhaps a deserted island up in the Canadian Arctic would be a good idea and give them an ice auger and a pole to catch food. Having watched the refugee crisis building in England over the last 10 years has made me want to ask why wasn't action taken many years ago because now it is beyond redemption no matter what you do. You are too lenient in most things you do and still claiming that doing anything that would upset the refugees is just not cricket is beyond laughable. How many more times do I have to hear that their human rights are being abused while they complain that their mobile phone needs updating or they need a bigger house because they are living in squalid conditions before they are just kicked out. The human rights lawyers are making a fortune working on behalf of people who should not be allowed within a 1000 miles of the U.K. and yet the insanity of government continues.

19. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Get em gone they are here for one thing free homes-free money-free food at the cost to us taxpayers.
    This government needs to sort it with law and order and it will romp in next time.

20. AshtonRed

I really don’t believe most brits are as mean minded as you appear to be.