1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RTG

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Maraaadonna, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quayside Mackem

Quayside Mackem Active Member

Well, having been accused of bullying because I challenged a negative poster on there, I've closed my account. No point bothering if that's the attitude they're going to take over there. Shame as I have some good memories from meeting people off there.

Prehab26 and Smug in Boots like this.
  2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

It's like some kind of Bizarro World over there mate ...

... decent people are banned, weirdos are protected and encouraged.

please log in to view this image

3. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

That's the bit I don't get. I love the forum and there's loads of decent people there. Hell I've never even had any bother with any mods. But some on there seem to be genuine weirdos with personality issues, but they seem to be the ones who never just get kicked the **** out, it's really odd. Any other walk of life you find who the weird ****ers are and you ignore them, but sometimes they seem to find a home on the smb,can't understand it

4. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

That's me away again :1980_boogie_down:

A few posts deleted, pointed out post that hadn't been deleted for the same 'petty bickering', my post then got deleted, so reported the post and got a ban for it.

Good old Pancho. He'll be the death of that place.

Prehab26 and Smug in Boots like this.
  5. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

I had a post deleted for reply to a **** comment made by bumblebee yet his comment is still left on.
    If Pancho and his cronies would ban the wums and bellends that start the **** and the abuse rather than having your favourites who can say what they want and when someone reacts to their comments they get banned.
    The mods on there are just as bad as the wums

6. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

Just had a look over there to see what the atmosphere was like, a few of them wanting LJ gone that he is taking the team backwards, god knows how because we’ve risen up the table since he’s been here and having just secured good new players to come in (time will tell on that one) still players with speed and players that have played in the premier and Europe, that’s a hell of a coup. Anyway I’ll not look again as the idiots have taking over the asylum and being instigated by “ Northumberland rocks”

7. Jarca

Jarca Well-Known Member

It's the same mate after any defeat. The club's got to see the big picture because you don't get anywhere by chopping and changing the manager. We seem to now have a plan but it's early and it will take a little while for it to bare fruit.

8. Davyred

Davyred Well-Known Member

I stay away from it after a bad result as the lunatics come out and I'm too long in the tooth to be arsed to 'debate' with them.

9. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito Well-Known Member

I really think that it's decline is accelerating, it just seems to be getting worse and more extreme. I haven't been on for weeks now, and was going on less and less, but each time it just seemed much more worse than last time. Its almost a parody of what it was a few years ago.

Jarca and Smug in Boots like this.
  10. Smug in Boots

You can see the decent lads wilting as the loons shout louder and longer.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    G Force Ghost and Guy Incognito like this.

11. Danny Foctor

Danny Foctor Active Member

RTG would probably decline quicker if all the posters from here didn’t keep popping in *just for a look*.

12. Smug in Boots

I don't want it to decline tbh.

If the dross were kept of RTG it could easily recover and be what it once was.

Besides the tedious trolls would soon be on here, despite claiming it's shyte, which would be terrible.

There's been loads of good posters, on here and there, explaining why the board is being spoiled by the likes of Rat, Bumblebee, Fletch, etc but they ignore that and keep up with their relentlessly off-topic drivel.

They claim to love RTG but refuse to believe they're destroying it.

Iain, Guy Incognito and Danny Foctor like this.
  13. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

I’m a big fan of RTG and have been a member under a number of names, for years. Tbh I’ve never been one for particularly taking notice of who says what until recently.
    I’m sorry to say after many years of not using the ignore button recently I’ve started using it. It’s working for me and I will continue to use it, it just makes things a lot more pleasant. Unfortunately you do have posters over there who will start an argument or jump into one and report you at the first opportunity.I find all of the mods decent except maybe one who I used to have problems with but who I have t noticed recently.
    It’s great to be able to read and post on two forums.

TopCat_ likes this.
  14. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

It's a world away from the place it was in the early 2000s when it was re-created in it's present form. I think the naturally shift in demographics, together with the troll-like society that exists online thanks to social media has added to the decline

SAFC2403 and Guy Incognito like this.
  15. Smug in Boots

If you're into relentless arguments, cliques and in jokes I'd imagine it's great fun.

I can see how, to some, calmly and politely discussing the football might be boring for them.

There are posters who literally salivate at any sign of 'a meltdown' and actively try to push people into one. I can see why those with low attention spans love the rows and personal insults tbh, it's like watching Big Brother or Love Island for them.

I used to love the forum, years ago, but the people who defend it most aggressively seem to be those who are spoiling it imo.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  16. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

17. Zig81

Zig81 Well-Known Member

I’ve just been on there and it appears the usual clowns are one toss of a coin from throwing themselves off the town bridge, it’s cringeworthy the way a few are going on.

18. Smug in Boots

Openly ridiculing anyone who puts up quotes or statements saying there's no problem ...

... and countering it with 'there's a rabbit away here' and 'it's blatantly obvious there's a problem'.

They're so desperate for it to fall through I'm sure they believe their 'gut feelings' actually contradict a statement from the club, another from Louis-Dreyfus and the local media saying it's done.

When it goes through they'll go quiet for a few days then start insane stories that Donald has been seen conspiring with Methven.

19. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

Don’t you post on there anymore ? You were a canny mag basher.

Culinary likes this.
  20. Zig81

Zig81 Well-Known Member

Very rarely now mate, got ****ed off with getting warnings and subsequent bans when the fannies went crying to the mods.

It’s more the poster and not the post on there, it’s a bag of **** now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.