1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Relegation rival watch

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Isn't there a rule that Saturday's team has got to include at least ten players that were involved at Fleetwood Town ?

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I have just rung the EFL and the lady I spoke to referred me to EFL Governance section 24 which lays out the rules for matches.

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I think Plymouth may well beat Scunthorpe, which would probably send Southend down.

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Basically, for Barnsley to win the league IF Luton also win their game, Barnsley need to win by 5 goals more than what Luton manage. So depending if Barnsley can be bothered to fight for the title, if they do, we could see a goal fest at the Mem later. In our net anyway!

6. old timer

One of the best performances I have seen from the Rovers this season, thought Barnsley were a good side and I wish them well for next season.
    Plymouth, Walsall, and Scunthorpe depart along with Bradford

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wow! Didnt expect Southend to beat Sunderland and stay up. Relegation was a given for me!

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

All the best next season. Im sure you will make a quick return. Who do you want as your new manager?

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not sure I care that much Captain Jack. Just somebody with a personality would be nice. I've never been an avid follower of who's who in management so it will probably be somebody most of us have hardly heard of. I am not a fan of the manager merry-go-round where they get sacked for failure in one place and move to another because they are a "name.

It's going to be lonely on the league two page of not606 next season so don't forget to pop over now and again to keep us company. Hopefully we will be back soon. Thank you for your wishes.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think there should be a time period for managers where they are able to move around, Similar to the transfer market. I feel clubs should only be able to sack a manager or the manager resign from 1st June to the 1st July. So no club can take your manager part way through the season, which protects the parent club and no manager can be sacked part way through a season to protect the manager. This gives the club and manager time. Time for the club to find a new manager ready for 1st June and time for the manager to prove to the club that he's good enough. Just an idea I have.

old timer likes this.

11. old timer

A few disappointed people where I stood on Saturday when we heard about Plymouth departing league 1 as we all enjoyed the local derby type rivalry, hopefully we will meet again season after next unless we get promoted and then it will be the season after when you join us. I wish you well for the next season and hope you quickly turn things around at Plymouth, anyway sensiblegreeny you know where we are so don't forget to visit us on the forum

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Thank you for the sentiments. I've never been a shy type and can be counted on for an opinion on something whether the recipient wanted one or not so you can count on it next season. I just think it could have been worse this season. We could have been replaced by Exeter but now we can look forward to the usual 6 points next time..............

old timer likes this.
  13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't worry Captain Jack I don't think Graham will be coming our way anytime soon. Why would he anyway.

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I don't want to rub it in but L2 will be better for you, travel wise. Exeter, Swindon, Cheltenham and maybe Forest Green and Newport if they fail in the play offs. You could have had Yeovil too but they got relegated. I know a few of these are not exactly close to you but they are closer than what you would have been playing had you survived in L1.

Also you were 3 leagues above Torquay. Now you are just 1 above. Thats got to hurt a bit.

As for managers, I reckon you should go for our old manager Darrell Clarke. I still wish we had him tbh. He will do a great job for you, no doubt about it.

old timer likes this.
  15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Carlisle anyone?

16. old timer

No thanks

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Of course you got the odd long journey but you have closer journeys now though <ok>

18. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

We finished 9th in the form table, which is a pretty good way to end the season.

Hopefully the likes of Bolton won't be allowed to splash cash they haven't got and are docked points as well next season.

I'd like to see Forest Green or Newport get through the playoffs because at least that would be another local Derby, but I wouldn't mind seeing Tranmere back in League One. Not so keen on Mansfield.

19. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

We need to rebuild this squad now. How much interest does wael have in the squad? I doubt he will give much in the way of cash to buy players... so much for a millionaire to finance our push for championship footy eh?

Ah well, loans and free transfers is how we have always done it so let’s crack on and hope for the best!

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes, rebuild asap. None of this last minute crap that we are use to seeing. The players already know who is to leave. So now we need replacements and try and hold on to key players. Losing Lines and Lockyer is bad enough but we need to hold on to Ollie who is another one of our own, Rovers through and through. I hope GC already knows who he wants and already got the club to sort out the finances.