1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Birmingham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

I’m a more disturbing note, there is a picture going around on social media showing what the Birmingham fans did to the away end refreshment kiosk. Trashed it, tried to steal the tills and attacked the staff, who are only young kids, with bottles.
    Horrible ****s......I’m so hoping they go down.

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Bloody hell the beat up a kiosk! They must go back thinking "we took the kiosk today" <doh> silly little muppets

3. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

****ers. Really hope they go down now!

4. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Up there with Cardiff, Millwall, Leeds and West Ham in my opinion mate. I don't know why they dislike Freeman, maybe he shunned them or scored an important winner against them.

5. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Disgusting. Frightening to think that such mindless yobs exist.

6. stick

stick Bumper King

To be fair, if you have ever eaten anything from one of our kiosks you can easily forgive someone for wanting to trash it!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Kids shine as Onuoha and Mackie bid farewell - Report

Sunday, 29th Apr 2018 19:55 by Clive Whittingham

QPR won at home for the twelfth and final time this season on Saturday, comfortably seeing off relegation-haunted Birmingham with an exciting display from a youthful side.

End of term at the school of science, seniors bidding tearful farewells, a class of 2018/19 starting to take shape. On such occasions performances and results can often be hard to come by, particularly when the opposition still have skin in the game, but QPR comfortably polished off a woeful, relegation-haunted Birmingham City side on Saturday with something to spare despite having nothing riding on the fixture.

A team selection that looked like the latest fantastical farce from the darkest recesses of Ian Holloway’s mind actually proved shrewd. Giving boy wonder goalkeeper Joe Lumley a long-awaited first senior appearance for the R’s since Blackburn away in January 2016 behind a back four that included novice right back Osman Kakay, two full backs pressed into centre half service (Darnell Furlong and Jake Bidwell), and central midfielder Ryan Manning at left back looked unfair prior to kick off. But by only selecting players who will definitely be at Rangers next season, including several youngsters who’ve been keenly waiting for a first team opportunity, Holloway safeguarded against any sort of ‘going through the motions’ and was rewarded with an exciting performance and good win.

Continues here ... https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footb...ine-as-onuoha-and-mackie-bid-farewell--report

QPRski, rangercol and Steelmonkey like this.
  8. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

One Birmingham fan's view on yesterday ...

please log in to view this image

9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

kiwiqpr and Uber_Hoop like this.
  10. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

From what I’ve heard they have accused him of spitting at them.....though I really can’t see how he could of reached them on the top tier.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Saw that too. Doesn’t really add up why a kid from London having scored his first goal against Birmingham would choose to mark it by aiming a spit 20 feet up towards the opposition’s fans. Going to assume bollocks until further notice.

12. qprted

qprted Poet Laureate

i wished i had comer but unfortunately i was frightened if ellers was with me i would have made the trip but its too late now but at least ollie has built the rangers up a bit

13. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Don't know what he's on about regarding the Lumley incident. He spilled the ball, but then pushed it onto the attacker and out for a goal kick. Not even a hint of a penalty.

14. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I can never condone spitting in any way, but that would've been some shot.

mapleranger, qprbeth and Staines R's like this.
  15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

That's what I thought, but CW does like to try and address the balance for both sides regarding refereeing decisions for some reason. I thought yesterday's ref ( Steve Martin ) had a good game and is one of the better refs, if not the best, at this level.

16. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

TEd, when they give you a crayon and you have to write your name do you print or can you do real writing yet?

17. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Think we might look back on this season in years to come as being of significant importance. Plenty of reasons to be happy but we need to make sure our burgeoning improvement doesn't lead to unrestrained expectation. The best is clearly yet to come from this team but lows are as much part of development as highs are and we will experience both. It will be fascinating to see what happens over the summer, losing the experience of Onouha worries me and much as our young squad excites me I can't help feel we do need an older head in there as well. All in all though it feels much better being an R now than it has done in years.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    QPRski, Hoop-Leif and Stroller like this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

That is atrocious.
    Surely there must be some come back on the club for that?

mapleranger and QPR999 like this.
  19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Good point. This is far more serious than fans running on the pitch for which we were threatened with a fine and a capacity reduction.

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Wasn't 'Zulu Dawn" as you predicted tEd. Still I am sure many will salivate over the destruction of a kiosk. Pwapa football factory stuff.