1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Puel under pressure?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BucksFox, Aug 12, 2018.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Atm we seem to be on course for won 19 and lost 19! Which is 57 points whereas 38 points if you drew every game. I didn’t realise the extent of the difference until just now but it makes sense over two games it’s best to win and lose rather than draw both I guess

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

You can get dragged down by drawing games you should have won, thats where i don't want us to be anymore, we don't look so uncomfortable in possession as we have the last few seasons and are putting teams away (even when we don't deserve it like Wolves).

3. JohnTheFox

Just seen this snippet about Jardim. I’ve made it clear I support Puel due to the vision and people shouting for the likes of Benitez who plays negative football and is past it imo make me laugh as it would put us further back. However if we were to make a change, I would not mind this guy. He had a very similar way at Monaco brining through the likes of B Silva, Mbappe, Martial (?), Mendy, Lemar etc but was sold out by the club who did a Southampton and allowed themselves to be asset stripped. I do think he’d follow the same plan from what I know of him and his side over the last few years played really good football too winning the league ahead of PSG and the CL semis the season we were in it. Would be my preference if we replaced

Attached Files:

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Cant believe we are even considering replacements until we need one. Give the guy a break, more players playing international football than ever before and even though we have lost more than we have won the next half dozen games could all be won.

5. JohnTheFox

Oh I agree with that, I think he is building something given a chance and I’m on board. My fear is that if many of our supporters get their own way and he is sacked, we will bring in some dud off the merry go round and be in a worse state for it. I noticed that article and my point is more, if the owners don’t feel we arent making progress and feel the need to remove Puel, at least get a good manager with a similar philosophy like Jardim.

6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I would sack Puel. As ive said. I like his vision he just dont have a clue how to achieve it

I dont want Rafa either. I wouldnt mind Brendan Rodgers but £9M is alot for a manager

7. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

And who says Rodgers etc will do a better job?!

Everyone was screaming for Benitez.......mmmm, he's doing a good job!!!

It's not as if we are bottom of the league and struggling. FFS what's wrong with a bit of patience. No manager is going to please everyone, doesn't mean he has to be sacked every time something goes wrong.

We are mid table and in transition. POINTLESS sacking a manager and starting again.

Every manager makes bad decisions, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

On another page in here, we choose our starting 11 and look how different they all are. 1 manager picks the side, let him get on with it.

BigFox, Barwellfox and leicesterlove like this.
  8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Exactly right mate.

I must be older then most people here in that I remember when we were actually in the **** when Manderic was our owner so while I can't say I am completely happy, I am not unhappy.

9. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I am more frustrated than unhappy. I think Puel has assembled a squad with real potential, but he just doesn't seem able to put the right team together and stick with it. Tonight's team against West Ham was a prime example. The first 30 minutes against Arsenal was as good as we have played all season, and he makes 4 changes and plays a different formation. Players and fans will all get frustrated if the potential isn't realised and we don't get points on the board, which is the ultimate proof of whether things are working or not.

10. Proud Fox

11. Proud Fox

12. Proud Fox

John Percy has said Claude Puel could be sacked within next 3 games which could see Nigel Pearson return short term with Brendan Rodgers the long term targets

Puel has fell out with alot of the players including Vardy, King and Silva along with alot of the staff.

13. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Personally would be happy with either Brendan Rodgers or Neil Lennon <ok>

14. Proud Fox

Not Lennon. Awful manager

15. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Can see us going interim until the summer. Pearson id welcome but would it derail Leuven too much for them to justify it?

I would also take Big Sam for half a season to grind out some results...

Brendon Rodgers doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence

Dyche would be up there for me...
    Benitez I imagine will was in the summer...

As an exciting wild-card, Arteta would be a great option after being moulded under Guardiola...

16. Proud Fox

The money, prestige and exposure involved with us over OH Leuven I think Top will prioritise us over them

Pearson knows the club, alot of the squad, understands the situation with regards to Vichai, proven manager here. Basically he is a safe bet rather then going through interviews. If NP came back and we could get Shakey and Steve Walsh back aswell I would be more then happy them staying long term

17. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Fairy tale stuff that but if there is a change hopefully Pearson is in the frame. If Pearson comes back does that mean it was Vichai that's sacked him and that perhaps Top was against it. Still lets not get ahead of ourselves, that would only happen if the next three results are poor and I would never want that regardless of who was in charge

18. Proud Fox

Its all water under the bridge. NP recently gave an interview saying Vichai called him out the blue. They met up 1 to 1 and spoke about OH Leuven. No agents or anything

NP said he was extremely grateful and happy they made up before the tragedy

19. JohnTheFox

No way to Big Sam, Benitez, Dyche, Lennon etc, they are all negative managers! Why swap Puel for someone more negative!! Rodgers maybe but seems up his own ass. Pearsons time has been and gone. Hardly an inspiring list of candidates out there....
    Of those available I’d probably say Jardim but I don’t he’s come to us or that the those making the decisions even know who he is

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Nobody wants big Sam. Not even rival fans as he ruins your club.

JohnTheFox likes this.