1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Puel under pressure?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BucksFox, Aug 12, 2018.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez and his assistant Thierry Henry are in the frame to replace Leicester City manager Claude Puel, who has two games to save his job. (Sunday Mirror)

Not sure why there would be speculation over Puel's job already, but that is a combination that would be a real statement of intent.

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I think if we dont have 8 or 9 points from the first 6 games he is in trouble

Wolves H
    Southampton A
    Liverpool H
    Bournemouth A
    Huddersfield H

They are all games we should take points from. Liverpool will be hard but were at home were we should be able to give anyone a game

3. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

2 games to save his job is absurd. He’s just been backed with money in the transfer window so you’ve got to give him some time to work with the players. Idle paper talk, I hope. The Man Utd game was encouraging seeing as Vardy and Evans didn’t start and I reckon they’ll both make us stronger.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  4. Proud Fox

My view is in the summer anything less then being 100% behind the manager then sack him

If we was a good performance but losing 2-1 at Old Trafford wont change that in the slightest

5. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

What drivel. One narrow loss at Old Trafford with a team that had barely played together hardly rates a crisis in which the manager needs to be replaced.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  6. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

I think we played really well. Dominating possession and quickly winning the ball back, while away at MU? We are going to cause a lot of teams a lot of trouble this year. Any other goalie than DeGea and we'd have gone home with at least a draw. Bring it on!
    Edit :- meant to put the on the MU thread..

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Really don't want Martinez and Henry, not done anything of note in the prem managerially.

8. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

These tabloids really **** me off. get off the guys back for god sake. 1 game in and the tabloid circus already begin stirring up the pot.

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

That is a relegation superteam...

10. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Bobby Martinez is a good manager, he can’t set up a team to defend mind, especially from set plays....

If you see how many England scored against his Belgium side it shows how bad he is......

11. Proud Fox

12. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Not good enough for me but wouldn’t sack him. Just so so dull and can’t see any fight.

Though you do have to have sympathy when Morgan can’t stay on the pitch without getting sent off. Though you can argue that’s his fault for playing him.

13. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

The Sun ????? FFS, not even a comic. Why the Mercury wants to rehash a story from that rag, God only knows.

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

The statement about atmosphere around the training ground is an interesting one - quite a few players have had good things to say about Puel in interviews the past few months.

As for our form, we are doing twice as good as last year where we only had 6 points from 8 games and we have 12 points now - the only time we have done better was when we won the league.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  15. Proud Fox

Players are hardly going to come out and say anything different are they?

16. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Indeed. I know they don't exactly have a reputation for being the brightest but even they know slagging your boss in an interview isn't wise.

17. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Puel frustrates me. We’ve played Man Utd and Liverpool and given both a good game, even though we lost, by having a go at them. Then we get battered by Bournemouth, sneak past Wolves and lose at home to Everton. Why buy 3 centre halves and keep playing Morgan? His eagerness to infiltrate young players into the team is great, we’ve potentially got a fantastic team if they all stay. Loads of positives and negatives.

18. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Morgan appears to be the same problem we had for the two previous seasons at Everton.....Williams. Both had been fantastic, but now they are shot and not able to play at the level required.

19. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

We have had 6 games where the performances have been either positive, or we have got the 3 points.

Vs Bournemouth was one of those things, they had 5 shots on target and scored 4, another day, they don't take their chances and we get a point.
    Arguably we could have still etched out a (undeserved) draw against Everton if not for a worldy from Sigursson.

A correlation to these 2 bad performances is Morgan being a loose cannon, either over-reaching or being outpaced, i'd be shocked if he walked back into the side once his ban has been served. If he does, thats when i'd really start to critisize Puels decisions given that we aren't short in that position, would show that Puel does not learn from his mistakes.

Tbf, i'd rather we win or lose, draws drag you towards relegation.

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I'm no mathematician but I think getting no points from a game drags you down quicker then getting 1 point...